PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

Okay guys, I got the message. Go back to worrying and preemptively crying about an injury that, from all we've heard, is minor, and that we have no definitive answer on. God, this board is insufferable some times.

RTP--

Not trying to be a ****, but all bets are off when it comes to one certain player, especially when it's the repaired knee.

Personally, I was just honestly wondering how you were coming to that conclusion due to the fact that he took another couple of reps.

Didn't mean to piss you off.

Okay guys, I got the message. Go back to worrying and preemptively crying about an injury that, from all we've heard, is minor, and that we have no definitive answer on. God, this board is insufferable some times.

Sorry, we actually realize how much Brady means to the organization.

Brady had a separated shoulder a couple years ago from Haynesworth and was never the same the whole season. Even when he does play, these kind of injuries can kill a season.

A reconstructed ACL using the patella tendon graft is stronger than the original ACL believe it or not...highly doubt is serious. I tweak mine once and a while and after that surgery you are nervous for a few minutes until you realize it is ok. He will be back tomorrow with his brace.

I wonder if he just had to readjust his brace in the locker room

I blame his son Benjamin. Forcing Tom to carry him around at practice the other night clearly set something out of whack. Oh, the humanity.

That's okay. I've been blaming Giselle for years.

I wonder if he just had to readjust his brace in the locker room

For one of the reports I saw in the Training Camp thread he wasn't wearing the brace.

Give me a break.

The Pats have a far better OL and running game than in 2008 and Mallett is a better prepared QB than Cassel wa then.

Who in the AFC East is anywhere as good as they were in 2008? Nobody. With or without Brady, the Pats at least win the division in a cakewalk.

The hard part would be the playoffs. But, from the preliminary reports, this doesn't look to be a serious injury.

Cassel looked good in large part because he was playing with two Hall of Fame wide receivers in their primes. Mallett, who may or may not be as good as Cassel (but it doesn't look promising from what we've seen), would have to play with a supporting cast that, while looking increasingly 'fine' if Brady is involved, is clearly not fine if anyone other than the greatest QB of all time is throwing to them.

I thought Benard Pollard was with the Titans, not the Bucs.

Sorry, we actually realize how much Brady means to the organization.

Brady had a separated shoulder a couple years ago from Haynesworth and was never the same the whole season. Even when he does play, these kind of injuries can kill a season.

.....and make us go 11-5 with no running game.

Sounds like Solder was pushed back into Brady's knee.

Initial reaction- MOTHERFU!@#R!!!!

Now that I've vented, I'll see how he is doing tomorrow.

Cassel looked good in large part because he was playing with two Hall of Fame wide receivers in their primes. Mallett, who may or may not be as good as Cassel (but it doesn't look promising from what we've seen), would have to play with a supporting cast that, while looking increasingly 'fine' if Brady is involved, is clearly not fine if anyone other than the greatest QB of all time is throwing to them.

Better OL.

Better running game.....by a MILE.

Whichever guy was updating ESPN about 15 minutes ago (may have been Reiss), said Brady jogged off the field.

I know we are reaching here, but I'll take "jogging" over "limping" or even "walking" as the verb of choice to describe Brady leaving the field!

I don't know who said jogging. Cause it doesn't seem to be a sports writer.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 36m

Tom Brady has left practice walking gingerly after apparently hurting his left knee.
shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung 40m

Brady is leaving the field; walked off on his own power

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 41m

Tom Brady now leaves the field after consultation w/ head athletic trainer Jim Whalen, Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 41m

Brady leaving practice after conferring with Belichick and McDaniels. Wise move

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 42m

After consulting with Belichick, Brady just left practice with a trainer

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

That's okay. I've been blaming Giselle for years.

I'm blaming all the praying for Tebow to be the starting QB, Mallett in the first preseason game and then Brady on Tebow's birthday no less.....

I'll be at church this Sunday to attempt to conteract this situation.

Looks like he wasn't wearing a knee brace...anywho anytime Tom gets injured it should scare every Patriots fan no matter how small the injury is. This season more then any other is where the Patriots cannot afford to lose him

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sorry. Who the hell are you?

Oh yeah, you are some guy who thinks a running back roster where Sammy Morris lead in yards with 727 is anywhere near the running back roster the Patriots have this year.

Last edited:
Your point is a legit one, the problem is some in here are too stubborn to admit it.

While it's certainly possible that a guy continues playing through a serious injury, fact is I'd rather see a guy say "I think I can practice through this" than "Holy crap get me off the field immediately."

I don't know who said jogging. Cause it doesn't seem to be a sports writer.

After limping to the sideline under his own power, Brady missed one play before rejoining and completing the drill. Following the drill, Brady huddled with coach Bill Belichick, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and head trainer Jim Whalen and it was determined that Brady would not continue to practice.

He jogged off the field under his own power.

The severity of the injury is unclear, but whatever he felt on that incomplete pass was enough that the team wanted to be cautious.

From Reiss' blog

Brady leaves practice with apparent injury - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back