PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady is considered for the MVP award, there shouldn't be a problem if he gets it or if he doesn't.
In 2009, Brees, Favre and Peterson outplayed and killed Manning in stats, yet Manning still got the award, because he was able to bring his team back despite injuries and BS.

This year, comparing Brady to Brees, Manning, Wilson or Newton for that matter is unfair. All four of these QBs have legitimate deep threat WRs and other things that make them GREAT numbers-wise.

Brady vs Brees- Brees' coach is Sean Payton, Sean Payton is an offensive genius. Any QB and WRs are going to thrive in his offensive system. Looking at most Saints game, Brees' WRs are wide open all the time. Brady would be killing teams right now, Payton were here instead of McDaniels.

Brady vs Manning- Look at the talent around Manning and tell me is it really all that fair to compare his numbers to Brady. Manning has padded his stats on some of the worse teams in the league all year. When it came time to play bigger teams in pressure games, like his old Colts team(before Wayne got injured), the Patriots and now the Chargers he choked on it. KC probably would've beat em' if they hadn't been banged up on defense going in. I'm hardly impressed with Manning's season. The guy plays 4 full quarters against scrubs, he should've broke Brady's TD record 2 weeks ago and he should be undefeated, given his schedule. But he didn't and he ain't. Like I said, not impressed.

Brady vs. Wilson- Wilson is surrounded by talent. The threat of Lynch, makes it even easier for Wilson to throw the ball or run. It also helps that he's been facing scrubs on defense as well. The only legit defense he faced was Carolina and SF and I saw how he looked in those games... TERRIBLE.

Brady vs Newton- I don't understand the hype behind Newton's MVP case. I think beating a dead NE defense is all it takes these days. Despite having all that talent on offense Smith, Olsen, LaFell and Ginn Jr, he ain't getting it done. His defense is dragging him to victory and when the D couldn't slow down the Saints, the Panthers got embarrassed. Thanks, but no thanks.

Brady or Rivers for MVP, it wouldn't matter to me if Rivers won, but I'll make a case for Tom Brady. Brady has beaten top ten defenses despite playing through a hand injury(earlier in the year), rookie WRs, losing main targets to injury, what looks like the worse O-line in the league IMO, what looks like the worse defense in the league IMO and after being down 24 points to the so-called great Peyton Manning and his so-called prolific offense, Brady led his team to victory. He's also led his team to a 10-3(12-1 record if not for the refs) record and could possibly lead his team to the #1 seed in the AFC playoff picture. What more can you ask of him?
The Patriots are likely a 4-8 without Brady this year, the Chargers has only won 5 or 6 games, two of those games were against the Raiders. I know Rivers is killing it too, but I can't say he's doing as much as Brady, given Brady's situation. Saying Rivers deserves it more than Brady, means Romo needs it more than Brady and I refuse to believe that.

Also, here's something worth noting...

Peyton Manning this year has 580 passing attempts, still with 2 GAMES LEFT.

In 2007, Brady had 578 all year!

I did not read every post in the thread so I apologize if I duplicate someone else. In my opinion Tom Brady deserves the MVP award because the Patriots have a 10-3 record and without Tom Brady they would be lucky to be 2-11 at this point in the season. The roster after all the injuries and murder charges is not a strong roster and Brady has compensated for that.

This is how I see the awards:
• MVP: Tom Brady
• OPOY: Peyton Manning
• DPOY: Robert Quinn
• OROY: Keenan Allen
• DROY: Star Lotulelei
• COY: Bill Belichick

FYI, Pats-Broncos replay is on NFLN til 8. Broncs just took a 24-0 lead so the good part/Brady-led comeback is coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3