PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRlOT

Banned
Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a reinforcement of the term MVP aka Most VALUABLE Player? They got it right last year with giving it to Peterson. Will they get it right this year and give it to Brady?

Brady started the season without his top 5 pass catchers from last season. Replaced by a couple of rookies, 1 being undrafted. Important players such as Talib, Amendola, Vereen, Dennard have missed significant time, while guys like Wilfork, Gronk, Mayo, Kelly and Vollmer have all suffered season ending injuries, having played just a limited number of games. And while more of a sickness than an injury, our top RB Stevan Ridley has suffered from a terrible case of fumble-itis all year; limiting his play significantly. On top of that, the Patriots have the 2nd worst run defense, along with 6th in the league for most sacks allowed.
"Nobody ever feels sorry for the Patriots".

Despite all that, they are 10-3. They should NOT be 10-3. Nowhere close. A team with this many problems should not even have a winning record. Even the 3 games we lost, despite not playing our best, (and not to make excuses) they were arguably altered by terrible calls by refs, or mother nature's horrific downpour of rain. Much more notable, 3 games we won: vs Saints, vs Broncos, vs Browns, were all incredibly epic comebacks that were against all odds. Saints thought they had us beat, they were even celebrating. Broncos who many can argue as the best team in the league, had us 24-0 and we still found a way to beat them. The comeback vs the Browns was even more improbable that most NFL fans are still in disbelief. It's ridiculous what this team has accomplished despite what they've been faced with.

Who else on earth could you POSSIBLY point to for making it through all this?
It's undeniably Tom Brady.

---

Don't even try to argue it any other way.....

Mr. Throw It On The 1 Yard Line 90% Of The Time
aka
Mr. Has 4 Pro-Bowl Worthy Veteran Weapons Arguably 5
aka
Mr. Loses To Tom Brady Again
aka
Mr. Goes For It On 4th Down Despite Winning 44-28 In The 4th Quarater
aka
Mr. Complain About Scheduling After Week 1 Despite Having the #1 Ranked Easiest Schedule In The League (at that point in the season)

aka Peyton Manning, deserves to lose AGAIN to Tom Brady (it's only fitting) for the winner of the NFL MVP.

Offensive Player Of The Year? Go ahead and give that to Manning.

I know we all care about a SuperBowl more, (except for Manning. Cares more about stats & MVPs) but let's just focus on the NFL MVP for the sake of this thread and discussion purposes.

won't happen...the public loves manning and wilson this year...but in end it will be manning again

It's already called the Manning Award isn't it?

No

10 char

Brady wont win, Manning already promised all the voters free papajohns for the year

"better MVPS, But only when playing in Domes, Papa Johns.

I think they gave it to Adrian Peterson last year because he came within 8 yards of breaking the all-time single season rushing record, and topped 2,100 rushing yards---not because they "got it right" with suddenly changing their line of thinking.

Just a month ago Brady was being criticized for being too old, having lost it, etc. We all (check that, most of us) knew that wasn't the case and that it was more of a lack of weapons. The return to health of Gronk went a long way towards helping to open things up for Brady in relation to his other targets, and we've seen the night/day difference in the numbers. He's made a nice rebound in the past 5 or so games, but it's hardly enough to warrant MVP consideration.

Manning has the weapons, the fantasy stats on an every week basis, and most of all he's going to have a season where he breaks the single season TD record. It's really a no-brainer.

I think they gave it to Adrian Peterson last year because he came within 8 yards of breaking the all-time single season rushing record, and topped 2,100 rushing yards---not because they "got it right" with suddenly changing their line of thinking.

Just a month ago Brady was being criticized for being too old, having lost it, etc. We all (check that, most of us) knew that wasn't the case and that it was more of a lack of weapons. The return to health of Gronk went a long way towards helping to open things up for Brady in relation to his other targets, and we've seen the night/day difference in the numbers. He's made a nice rebound in the past 5 or so games, but it's hardly enough to warrant MVP consideration.

Manning has the weapons, the fantasy stats on an every week basis, and most of all he's going to have a season where he breaks the single season TD record. It's really a no-brainer.

Most of all his team has the best record in the AFC on top of it. That's a lot more important that fantasy stats.

I thought that was what offensive player of the year was for.

Anyway, I for one don't care at all about MVP's. They're subjective and so they don't matter.

One Superbowl ring is better than 5,000 MVPs

Well, if winning the MVP is playoff curse, maybe Manning helped make it that way andwe don't want it. Brady doesn't have the eye-popping numbers that Manning does and the award seems to be akin to being "Most Dominant" rather than "Most Valuable"

Obviously Brady has been on a tear the last few weeks and there's no way a backup could have outperformed him these last few weeks. Brady has (4 out of the last 5 games played top 10 passing defenses and averages 379 yards per game against those teams). the only real criticism is that he/offense generally got no results in the first half.

And we've sure had some exciting football lately, really must watch games and I'm sure pulled great ratings for the league.

Brady wont win, Manning already promised all the voters free papajohns for the year

"better MVPS, But only when playing in Domes, Papa Johns.

whatever happened to "canvassing will disqualify"?

:)

Manning will win the MVP, but I can see Brady or Wilson getting a vote or two.

With that said, the Broncos are IMO a 7 win team right now with Osweiler instead of Manning. I can't see how the Pats have any more than 3 wins right now with Mallett...

Whilst your argument is spot on, it's generally given to a leading player in their category...and it's always QBs or RBs. Manning will break the TD record...albeit with on of the better offences the league has ever seen...and Brady won't even be an afterthought this year.

Saying all that, who cares about it? When January comes around, I know who I would rather have on this team...even with Manning playing the way he is.

Brady should be the MVP

His numbers aren't as good as Manning's but the Patriots are winning with his clutch play after our defense has been decimated with injuries.

This is what he had to endure.
1. Change in offensive scheme from a 2 TE set to a more 2 or 3 wide sets.
2. We lost our 3 best weapons:
a) Aaron Hernandez - In my opinion he would have been Brady's #1 target this year and bene an all-pro
b) Wes Welker - his go to slot-guy with more catches than anyone of the last 7 years
c) Rob Gronkowski - Missed the first 6 games and is now out for the season. The physically most intimidating offensive player
3. Playing with rookie/injured receivers
a) Dobson and KT clearly weren't ready to be a #1 options
b) Amendola got injured early and we lost Vereen for a few weeks. Not to mention Gronk.
4. RB inconsistent play
-We haven't been consistent in the run game and have been hurt by timely turnovers
5. Average O-Line play

If we get a 1st round bye, Brady has to win the MVP.

Re: Brady should be the MVP

Gronk
Welker
Prisoner
Lloyd
Woodhead

Gone. 10-3.

It ain't gonna happen. It's Manning's award to lose. PERIOD. The league doesn't see it the way we do.

I'm a huge Pats homer and still... no. Brady's struggled for the most part this season and its understandable when you consider all the inconsistency around him but you can't give him a MVP award just based on that.

Despite being a choker in the playoffs Manning has had an incredible season even when you factor in all the weapons around him, at this point he'd need a couple 4/5 int games and maybe losing the #1 seed to the Pats for someone else to be considered...

At this point, it is Nick Foles, hands down. He has a 20-1 TD/INT ratio. He hasn't lost since starting for a team that was in a downward spiral. It's not even close.

No...just no.

Manning's on the cusp of tying or breaking Brady's 2007 stats. He's going to be a unanimous MVP this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes