PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calling all his receivers to assemble

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's ok for a 34 year old Wes Welker at the Kentucky Derby I'm sure you would've been fine as a 29 year old at WMC. Ironically when I was double checking the year on the WW story I saw a tweet in this article (below) from Scott Van Pelt who I saw at the Clevelander one morning at about 3am **** faced acting like a total d-bag with a "do you know who I am?" swagger. Ironically I'm pretty sure I was the only one who knew who he was. This might've even been in his golf network days and I think I only knew about that from him being a regular on Jim Rome.

Wes Welker had a hell of a Kentucky Derby
I'm just not really into feeling like I'm going to die, followed by feeling an hour and a half of pure euphoria, followed by feeling like I'm dead anymore.

Awesome story on Van Pelt.

I'm just not really into feeling like I'm going to die, followed by feeling an hour and a half of pure euphoria, followed by feeling like I'm dead anymore.

Awesome story on Van Pelt.
Fair enough.

So ironic, as soon as I saw your mention of the Clevelander that's what came to mind and the first thing I see when I scroll down that WW article was a d-bag tweet from Van Pelt.

We know he hasn't been there to date. What he does going forward is up to him. If the past is any indicator, he hasn't been a very hard worker and it's showed in his play (when he's been able to go). He was in Miami two weekends ago. I was there too. There's only one reason to go to Miami that time of year and it's essentially a weekend of partying.
So let me get this straight….Brady posts a cute little video two hours ago saying "receivers assemble"…insinuating that this assembly will be a future event…….And Dobson gets blasted for being in Miami two weeks ago……which happens to be six months before the first game of season.
You guys need to get new hobbies because this peanut gallery thing your working is pretty pathetic

So let me get this straight….Brady posts a cute little video two hours ago saying "receivers assemble"…insinuating that this assembly will be a future event…….And Dobson gets blasted for being in Miami two weeks ago……which happens to be six months before the first game of season.
You guys need to get new hobbies because this peanut gallery thing your working is pretty pathetic
You're*

Fair enough.

So ironic, as soon as I saw your mention of the Clevelander that's what came to mind and the first thing I see when I scroll down that WW article was a d-bag tweet from Van Pelt.
Do you stay at The Clevelander when you go down to Miami? I've never been that impressed with it. It's overpriced and the amenities are kind of old. Really good views of Miami, though.

Who knew Tom was a comic book fan?!?!

avengers-16-cover-by-jack-kirby1-105754.jpg

;)

Do you stay at The Clevelander when you go down to Miami? I've never been that impressed with it. It's overpriced and the amenities are kind of old. Really good views of Miami, though.
I've never stayed at the Clevelander. I agree with your take on it.

Last trip I stayed at the Fountainbleu which was incredible. A little far away from Ocean Ave but I spent 80% of my time at the hotel. That trip I met this really cool couple there and ended up hanging out with them a bunch. We hit it off because we were both down from the NYC area and about the same age. They even invited me out to dinner with them on their anniversary which was weird but they insisted and we had a blast. The guy was an NCAA and NFL O-lineman. He had some great stories as he played under Gerry Faust at ND then transferred to Maryland where he was Boomer Esaison's center. Interesting to hear his take on Boomer.

I've also stayed at the Hilton all the way on the other end of Ocean Ave. when I was there for work. Was not impressed but it was economical for being right on Ocean.

Both of those were outliers though. When I lived in FL and used to head over to Miami frequently I usually tried for one of the boutique hotels back from Ocean. There's a bunch that are pretty good on Collins. I can't remember them all but the Sagamore comes to mind as being a good price/amenities/cleanliness ratio.

Looks more like a "Lord of the Flies" thing. Those guys better watch out :).

Shortly after...

the-midget-team.jpg

Let me explain something to you...

...shut up. ;)

:D It's the off-season. Boring times. Gotta do something to kill the time.

(Just jokes people. Anyone who's noticed my posts knows I think JE11 is awesome.)

I've never stayed at the Clevelander. I agree with your take on it.

Last trip I stayed at the Fountainbleu which was incredible. A little far away from Ocean Ave but I spent 80% of my time at the hotel. That trip I met this really cool couple there and ended up hanging out with them a bunch. We hit it off because we were both down from the NYC area and about the same age. They even invited me out to dinner with them on their anniversary which was weird but they insisted and we had a blast. The guy was an NCAA and NFL O-lineman. He had some great stories as he played under Gerry Faust at ND then transferred to Maryland where he was Boomer Esaison's center. Interesting to hear his take on Boomer.

I've also stayed at the Hilton all the way on the other end of Ocean Ave. when I was there for work. Was not impressed but it was economical for being right on Ocean.

Both of those were outliers though. When I lived in FL and used to head over to Miami frequently I usually tried for one of the boutique hotels back from Ocean. There's a bunch that are pretty good on Collins. I can't remember them all but the Sagamore comes to mind as being a good price/amenities/cleanliness ratio.

Fountainbleau is gorgeous if you want to spend the extra coin. They've had some pretty good shows, post-Ultra too and their pool area is very nice. I usually stay at the Hilton at McAlpin plaza every time I'm down there because I'm as cheap as they come. I love Miami but, as a whole, I could never, ever live there. It's just way too much.

My people will help:

We know he hasn't been there to date. What he does going forward is up to him. If the past is any indicator, he hasn't been a very hard worker and it's showed in his play (when he's been able to go). He was in Miami two weekends ago. I was there too. There's only one reason to go to Miami that time of year and it's essentially a weekend of partying.

Dobson is a $875K player in his contract year competing with others for the 4th and perhaps 5th WR spots with a lot of people (and even higher if Amendola doesn't return).

Roster spots are not won in March. Dobson knows the system. He needs to perform in camp and in the preseason.

Dobson is a $875K player in his contract year competing with others for the 4th and perhaps 5th WR spots with a lot of people (and even higher if Amendola doesn't return).

Roster spots are not won in March. Dobson knows the system. He needs to perform in camp and in the preseason.

He knows the system but his route running is suspect and he fights every ball that comes to him. Time spent working with Brady (who is always working on his craft) could do nothing but help. So yes, I hope Dobson is out there working with Brady every chance he gets.

So Brady putting a video up on Facebook whilst he's on vacation himself has turned into a thread of the usual suspects bagging on Dobson because he's also on vacation? Ok then!

Are you all forgetting when everyone was accusing him of not going to the Police when the Ravens player died he was actually training with DeAndre Hopkins?

If he is not on vacation he is on the dl

Fountainbleau is gorgeous if you want to spend the extra coin. They've had some pretty good shows, post-Ultra too and their pool area is very nice. I usually stay at the Hilton at McAlpin plaza every time I'm down there because I'm as cheap as they come. I love Miami but, as a whole, I could never, ever live there. It's just way too much.
I was already down there for work so with free flights I went for it. It was worth it but I probably won't do it again. I love visiting there as well but definitely wouldn't want to live there. I'd take Fort Lauderdale over Miami as far as where to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes