PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady bashing has officially begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad:

Now that is just silly, you cant work from the end back to the start. He shouldnt have won the first 2.

Maybe Tom Brady just showed he was human.

To expect him to continuously perform the way he has been for the last 8 weeks with a relatively young squad is unrealistic.

I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. I'm saying it is crazy for people to think that every playoff loss is a lombardi they should have gotten but was taken out of their hands. Only one of those losses could be described as such, because there was nobody else left to play after the Giants. In every other case you'd have to somehow imagine that they would have automatically played better in the following games, which is way too much of leap in logic.

If the insane metric is that every playoff loss is another ring they lost out on, than Brady has three rings to five "no ring" playoff appearances. Which means he isn't very good, but he also happens to be the least suckiest QB in the league because he has succeed only two times fewer than he has failed.

The above paragraph is how it seems a lot of people think about this stuff when they write these articles. If not for SB42, he'd have as many rings as playoff losses. The last two playoff losses have come down to the fact that the Patriots were not as complete a team as they used to be. As the stats show, trying to ride the QB position to victory for the entire season just doesn't pan out all that much.

Cause instead of defending our boy we're bashing him. Seriously Brady wasn't the main reason why we lost he could have played better, but by all means he wasn't the main reason.

AGREED. The Patsies lost as a team. Our OL pushed your front seven around when it mattered most. Your defense really did nothing to stop Sanchez. You tried defending the run to put the ball in Sanchez's hands, just like every team tries to do to us. And you succeeded at times, but when Sanchez got the ball he did good things with it. He was a little erratic at the start missing several open receivers but he calmed down and found his range.

The bottom line is this:

45-3 was a fluke, an abberation, and last night illustrated that quite objectively.

Our defense smothered you. Brady looked as confused as I've ever seen him look. I knew hitting Brady would throw him off his game, and it did. But even when Brady had time, there were no open doors. We held coverage like I've always known we were capable. Revis is money and is better than any player you have on your entire roster.

You committed several errors illustrating what appears to be just a lack of execution. For the most part, that isn't true. The Jets forced those errors because we were in the Patsies heads. Like the Chung gaffe on the direct snap? It appears he just lost focus, but after looking at that a second time, he was scared that Eric Smith had blown up the protection and was going to immediately take him down. That why he fumbled, he got scared. the Jets players reallky executed quite well, as good as I've seen all season.

And, YES, despite Rex telling the press he outcoached by BB again? That is also not true. Rex outcoached BB. The in game adjustments he made after the 1st quarter killed the Patsy offense. BB really didn't have any answers.

But don't complain much about delivering the truth to you, you guys had a great season. It wasn't too long ago you guys were SB champs. Brady is guaranteed of winning MVP this season. You just need to draft better and not be so content to take JAGS in the middle rounds of the draft. You should start using your 1st rounders for players of true value, difference makers. Tannenbaum has done for quite a few seasons now:

2007 - Revis and Harris, need I say more?
2008 - Keller, great pass catching TE for us and a matchup nightmare for you guys.
2009 - Mark Sanchez, the jury is still out on him. I really have no idea if he'll amount to any sort of franchise QB, but he's got 4 wins in the postseason, all on the road, against team that we were predicted to lose against. I think that says we have already gotten some return out of him in big spots.

BB shouldn't be afraid of trading up to grab quality over quantity. It's worked like a charm for us since 2006.

AGREED. The Patsies lost as a team. Our OL pushed your front seven around when it mattered most. Your defense really did nothing to stop Sanchez. You tried defending the run to put the ball in Sanchez's hands, just like every team tries to do to us. And you succeeded at times, but when Sanchez got the ball he did good things with it. He was a little erratic at the start missing several open receivers but he calmed down and found his range.

The bottom line is this:

45-3 was a fluke, an abberation, and last night illustrated that quite objectively.

Our defense smothered you. Brady looked as confused as I've ever seen him look. I knew hitting Brady would throw him off his game, and it did. But even when Brady had time, there were no open doors. We held coverage like I've always known we were capable. Revis is money and is better than any player you have on your entire roster.

You committed several errors illustrating what appears to be just a lack of execution. For the most part, that isn't true. The Jets forced those errors because we were in the Patsies heads. Like the Chung gaffe on the direct snap? It appears he just lost focus, but after looking at that a second time, he was scared that Eric Smith had blown up the protection and was going to immediately take him down. That why he fumbled, he got scared. the Jets players reallky executed quite well, as good as I've seen all season.

And, YES, despite Rex telling the press he outcoached by BB again? That is also not true. Rex outcoached BB. The in game adjustments he made after the 1st quarter killed the Patsy offense. BB really didn't have any answers.

But don't complain much about delivering the truth to you, you guys had a great season. It wasn't too long ago you guys were SB champs. Brady is guaranteed of winning MVP this season. You just need to draft better and not be so content to take JAGS in the middle rounds of the draft. You should start using your 1st rounders for players of true value, difference makers. Tannenbaum has done for quite a few seasons now:

2007 - Revis and Harris, need I say more?
2008 - Keller, great pass catching TE for us and a matchup nightmare for you guys.
2009 - Mark Sanchez, the jury is still out on him. I really have no idea if he'll amount to any sort of franchise QB, but he's got 4 wins in the postseason, all on the road, against team that we were predicted to lose against. I think that says we have already gotten some return out of him in big spots.

BB shouldn't be afraid of trading up to grab quality over quantity. It's worked like a charm for us since 2006.

How many SB do the jets have during that time? Trips to the SB? Either you win it all or your team is like the other 31 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST