PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady goes to the Doofins or Jets….

Joe Montana in 1993: It appears I’m joining a very solid Chiefs team that went 10-6 with both Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg the last two years, but the organization is going in the wrong direction and the team seriously sucks, which is why I’m signing with them. If they were any good, I wouldn’t use them for a chance to contend.

The NFL world salivates for a 2024 Super Bowl featuring Tom Brady, at 46, finally getting his chance with the 49ers, versus an AFC guy like Mahomes, Burrow, or Allen. Except for one guy who is ****ting his pants at the thought of Tom getting back there with a third team.
Or TB12 vs BB in a Super Bowl. :)

I honestly think he retires but if not, it'll be one of the top 3 below. Nothing else makes sense.

Looking at the '23 opponents for top 3 candidates (playoff teams):

49ers: tough schedule, avg division
Home:
Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Bengals, Buccaneers
Away: Cardinals, Browns, Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Jaguars, Seahawks, Commanders, Steelers

Raiders: tough schedule & division
Home:
Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Giants
Away: Bears, Broncos, Lions, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Colts, Bills

Bucs: easy schedule & division
Home:
Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles
Away: Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Texans, Colts, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Bills

He should stay w/ the Bucs. Guaranteed to win the division, possible #2 seed. No learning new system, no moving & close to fam. Has weapons. Improve OL, run game, sign/draft a TE-1 & run it back.

Bucs: easy schedule & division
Home:
Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles
Away: Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Texans, Colts, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Bills

He should stay w/ the Bucs. Guaranteed to win the division, possible #2 seed. No learning new system, no moving & close to fam. Has weapons. Improve OL, run game, sign/draft a TE-1 & run it back.

$50 million over the cap space.

Now he needs to be a Patriot again with a one day contract. Right the wrong that was done.

Now he needs to be a Patriot again with a one day contract. Right the wrong that was done.
Now that it appears he's going to be a professional media figure, I presume it'll happen, but I don't care one way or another. Both sides had their reasons to move on. If he wants to clean things up a bit, good for him. If he doesn't care to, good for him. I'm sure he'll be asked to.

Reactions: sb1
Now that it appears he's going to be a professional media figure, I presume it'll happen, but I don't care one way or another. Both sides had their reasons to move on. If he wants to clean things up a bit, good for him. If he doesn't care to, good for him. I'm sure he'll be asked to.
If rumours are true that he retired for family considerations I wonder what that means for his broadcasting job. He’ll be on the road with them a lot…

Any updates? :haha:

If rumours are true that he retired for family considerations I wonder what that means for his broadcasting job. He’ll be on the road with them a lot…
He can take them with him on the road if that's what he feels is needed. It's not like he'll be travelling coach and staying at Days Inn, it'll all be bizjets and five star hotels. It's not like broadcasting is the same kind of mental and physical commitment as is being QB1 on a NFL team.

ron-killings-shocked-meme-wiping-forehead-kymiswah38fxxi6f.gif

He’s done, and it is because of family. Brady is now a single parent, and as much as he may want to keep playing that would mean being a non parent to his kids for 9-10 months a year, and I think that’s not a legacy he wants to accept. When Giselle was there he could have it both ways, now he can’t, and he knows that, and cares enough about being a good parent to make them his priority. Good for him. No one ever accomplished more in his field, and I’m sure he’ll be great at whatever he does next.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back