PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Both Mannings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree with the OP more.

The Mannings are all right by me. And I was the biggest Peyton hater ever.

My epiphany with Peyton came earlier though....after he hosted SNL. He was just too damn funny to hate anymore. But I did notice that he was quiet about the spygate stuff. The thing is, I knew he would be. I think Peyton respects BB.

Actually my new hate resides in San Diego, after the Colts won the big one, I've got to give their due. I may not like them, but they are definately a good football team. Their defense alone this year has made me quite suprised, I'm excited about the upcoming game with the colts. Win or lose it should be a great game.

ps I'm sure I wasnt the only one on this board rooting for the raiders last weekend :)

Couldn't agree with the OP more.

The Mannings are all right by me. And I was the biggest Peyton hater ever.

My epiphany with Peyton came earlier though....after he hosted SNL. He was just too damn funny to hate anymore. But I did notice that he was quiet about the spygate stuff. The thing is, I knew he would be. I think Peyton respects BB.

I have to admit the dude is funny. If we didn't see him soo much, it would make it better. Perhaps he should be more selective???? But, lots of money to make those spots so all the power to him.

Imagine if we had to see Ldt making that many comercials, or Esterbrook, or Dungy? I would just kill my tv with a perly handled revolver.

For all the hate that Eli gets, getting compared to his Bro, he's done about as well as Peyton did at this point in this career.

I also can't help but notice that the loss of Tiki Barber:snob: didn't doom the Giants.

And that is a really hard place to deal with (ny that is). And, look at shockey and plax and man, those guys are not the easiest of people to have a team with it seems. I think that he has shown some sack, and some grit. He got hurt, and didn't go out - that is pretty impressive.

And Tiki was a big time dweeb.

We are very lucky to have the pats and their old guard making sure that teamwork is the foundation, and winning is the goal.

Other clubs may say these things, but the chit gets diluted perty quick when the battle is on.

Actually my new hate resides in San Diego, after the Colts won the big one, I've got to give their due. I may not like them, but they are definately a good football team. Their defense alone this year has made me quite suprised, I'm excited about the upcoming game with the colts. Win or lose it should be a great game.

ps I'm sure I wasnt the only one on this board rooting for the raiders last weekend :)

I can feel the balloon inflating down in Diego, and soon their heads will be the size of jupiter again, and it will be fun to watch the whole thing explode.

I live in Cal also by the way. Those fans are insuferable.

I have no problem with either Manning. In the past two years I have to grown to dislike different players such as LT.

Neither Manning has trashed the Pats, Peyton didn't talk about spygate to the media like everyone else did. Honestly I have never heard him say a bad word about the Patriots, Brady or Belichick. I think he has been a great player. The ridiculous amount of ads are a little annoying but other than that I dont have much of a problem.

TRAITORS!
manning is a douchbag and so is his little whiny brother. i want to puke every time i see that bastid whoring himself out to another commercial, and i would sleep well if he got his kneecaps busted out. HOW CAN YOU NOT DESPISE THE COLTS AND EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM??
am i missing something here?

TRAITORS!
manning is a douchbag and so is his little whiny brother. i want to puke every time i see that bastid whoring himself out to another commercial, and i would sleep well if he got his kneecaps busted out. HOW CAN YOU NOT DESPISE THE COLTS AND EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM??

I despise ltd. I despise Dungy, Easterbrook, a whole bunch of people on espn - clayton bigtime. King and his constant raving with out an ounce of reason. I despise the commish, manboob, etc.

Don't you see that they are in a totally different stratosphere?

The Mannings are pretty cool, when placed against such dipicable characters.

If you don't agree, go with it.

TRAITORS!

Patriots fans can hate the Colts or not, it's their choice. Some people like to make rival teams the enemy, whatever floats your boat.

I'm a Colts fan first, but I respect the Patriots and will root for them unless they play the Colts. It's entirely possible to do.

I see a great deal of mutual respect from each team for each other. (Except for that liquored up idiot kicker that the Patriots allowed us to replace, thanks!) What both teams have accomplished is incredible (yes the Patriots have accomplished more than the Colts in the last decade, a Colts fan can say that also!), and each team knows what the other has had to go through to get where they are.

All those things you can say about Manning, but it won't change how he has treated the Patriots with respect. He's had his hat handed too many times by the Patriots not to.

ok. peyton is respectful. hes a good guy. but he knocked us out of the playoffs. therefore he deserves my hatred. its what makes football great.

On Peyton and Spygate, my guess is he thinks the whole thing is comical. With him being around Pro Football his entire life, I bet he has more than a few stories about sign stealing. I think he realizes it is a part of the game, and he understands the need to be aware that your opponent might be aware of what play you are about to run.

Wow! I have never seen so much repect for the Mannings on this board. It is refreshing, even if most of the comments are from Indy fans.

Seriously, IMHO, the biggest complaint we should have about Peyton Manning is that he does too many commercials. His play and attitudes are among the best in football. And yes, he has always has a great respect for the patriots. I recall that after the 2004 season, he said that he he would vote for all the patriot linebackers on his ProBowl ballot.

I never liked Eli, except to laugh at SD when they dumped him for Rivers. However, he has developed into an OK quarterback. And it is indeed sweeter that his team is doing well, even without Tiki.

We may have the best team in the history of football. We'll see early next year. It is GREAT to have real competition. If it were not for the patriots, one could be discussing the possibility of the colts becoming one of the top franchises in history in the next couple of years. They are that good. And we are better! What a great time to be a patriot fan (or a colt fan).

I have never understood hating your rivals, but then I am not from Boston. Both the patriot and colts players have great respect for one another. We should have a great rivalries as long as our current quarterbacks play. And may they play as long as Vinnie has!!!

Ya know, I hate these guys. I went to the University of Florida, went to the Swamp and watched and cheered Payton get waxed. I have cheered against him and his brother for a long time. And his father, oh man don't even get me started.

But ya know, those dudes have not said one thing bad about the pats in all this nonsense this year. And I must admit, that I now know who the real enemy is and it ain't them. (well, maybe their father still, but I can ignore him)

Last night during monday night football, I didn't even grit my teeth and swear at the gods about how the Mannings must be removed from the earth. I seem to not care anymore. I actually think that Payton is amazingly great, and that it is soo cool to have Ali vs Fraser kinda thing going on. I think that we are lucky as fans to have the two Mannings. I think that Eli is pretty cool too. I mean, how great is it that Tiki is not there and they are winning. Tiki is such a douch.

Anybody else feel different about the Mannings this year?

Compared to Ldt, ManDouchbag, Dungy, The Commish, Wade, Porter, and so many of the others, the Mannings are frick'n pretty cool.

Without Cancer Tiki in the locker room, Eli and the entire Giants 53 man roster just seem to be concentrating and focusing ALOT better.

I dunno-maybe after seeing his older brother winning it all last year, it became his wakeup call to "put up or shut up" this year.

Overall-the Giants just seem to have a much different attitude this year. Plax and Shockey have been awefully quiet this year. Coughlin has a calmer demeanor on the sidelines. And having that new DC Steve Spagnuola has seemed to inject alot of fire into the players as well(alot like how Buddy Ryan's presence was felt in Chicago).

Peyton Manning is hated because he's great, popular, and the biggest threat to the Pats and Brady's legacy...

I think this is a big part of pats fans' cooling hatred of Manning. Now that "Tom Brady has his receivers", we have confirmation of the fact that Brady is not 1a to Manning's 1, but that they are tied for first. I don't know about anyone else, but seeing this play out this year has made me so happy it's a lot easier to appreciate Peyton.

Without Cancer Tiki in the locker room, Eli and the entire Giants 53 man roster just seem to be concentrating and focusing ALOT better.

I dunno-maybe after seeing his older brother winning it all last year, it became his wakeup call to "put up or shut up" this year.

Overall-the Giants just seem to have a much different attitude this year. Plax and Shockey have been awefully quiet this year. Coughlin has a calmer demeanor on the sidelines. And having that new DC Steve Spagnuola has seemed to inject alot of fire into the players as well(alot like how Buddy Ryan's presence was felt in Chicago).
One thing you have to realize is that by mid year (IIRC), the Giants were decimated with injuries, especially on defense. Plax is obviously putting forth some effort as well. he really showed a dfinite lack of interest on more than a few plays last year. Plus, I thik they lost a few pretty close ones as well. D-Line is pretty good. If they are all still intact, could be a game we need the Giants to "steal" at the end of the year :D

Uh those numbers suck. Archie was not a good player. You know nothing.

Archie did suck, 173 career INTS's vs 125 TD's with a career passer rating of 67? Rex Grossman has a higher career passer rating.

I never understood why people said he was a good player on a bad team. He was a ****ty player on a ****ty team.

On Peyton and Spygate, my guess is he thinks the whole thing is comical. With him being around Pro Football his entire life, I bet he has more than a few stories about sign stealing. I think he realizes it is a part of the game, and he understands the need to be aware that your opponent might be aware of what play you are about to run.

I bet that you are right about the historical knowledge that payton has. And, this is why I am so upset about those who decided to throw stones (Dungy, Ldt, Green, Phillips, etc.). They are so disingenuous. I think that football actually does have some players who have honor. I think that Payton and Eli have honor. It ain't a popular stand probably on this forum, but it is the truth to me.

There are some very dishonorable people around the game of football right now. Hell, there are a lot of dishonorable people in life, especially in the media - such whores.

I believe that the pats are a very honorable team. Are they dirty? Yep. But honor is different. The rules of the game are not what we as fat little fans think they are. Nope. The rules of engagement are what you can get away with during a particular game. It is ever changing and ever shifting. You have to be quick of mind and of brawn. Payton and Eli have more than proven their worth. (it is sooo easy to get hurt it ain't even funny) Those who want to argue, look at the qb's that have such a hard time managing the game. There ain't a whole lot of folks that can play that position. It is a marval. We actually discredit Brady by attacking these brothers. They really are quite good. Especially Payton. And again, I went to the University of Florida during 1985-01 ba/ms. I hated payton, and watched Danny win em all. But now, Payton deserves the credit. He is the real deal. It only makes Brady that much better.

I grew up in Acton by the way. ActonBoxboro wooohooo.

Wow! I have never seen so much repect for the Mannings on this board. It is refreshing, even if most of the comments are from Indy fans.

Seriously, IMHO, the biggest complaint we should have about Peyton Manning is that he does too many commercials. His play and attitudes are among the best in football. And yes, he has always has a great respect for the patriots. I recall that after the 2004 season, he said that he he would vote for all the patriot linebackers on his ProBowl ballot.

I never liked Eli, except to laugh at SD when they dumped him for Rivers. However, he has developed into an OK quarterback. And it is indeed sweeter that his team is doing well, even without Tiki.

We may have the best team in the history of football. We'll see early next year. It is GREAT to have real competition. If it were not for the patriots, one could be discussing the possibility of the colts becoming one of the top franchises in history in the next couple of years. They are that good. And we are better! What a great time to be a patriot fan (or a colt fan).

I have never understood hating your rivals, but then I am not from Boston. Both the patriot and colts players have great respect for one another. We should have a great rivalries as long as our current quarterbacks play. And may they play as long as Vinnie has!!!

Even a Vinnie reference! Nice.

See, I grew up when Ali had Fraser. It was a great time for rivalry. And Ali was better because of Norton, Forman, Shavers, and Fraser (sp??).

Competition is soooo important.

It makes it so great.

I think this is a big part of pats fans' cooling hatred of Manning. Now that "Tom Brady has his receivers", we have confirmation of the fact that Brady is not 1a to Manning's 1, but that they are tied for first. I don't know about anyone else, but seeing this play out this year has made me so happy it's a lot easier to appreciate Peyton.

Cool. I ain't alone in this. It is wierd. I so much hated this dude.

Do you lothe the likes of Ldt? Backbitting backstabbing twerps?

I do.

One thing you have to realize is that by mid year (IIRC), the Giants were decimated with injuries, especially on defense. Plax is obviously putting forth some effort as well. he really showed a dfinite lack of interest on more than a few plays last year. Plus, I thik they lost a few pretty close ones as well. D-Line is pretty good. If they are all still intact, could be a game we need the Giants to "steal" at the end of the year :D

True-but believe it or not, those injuries actually had nothing to do with some of their losses down the stretch...

1. They had a 21-0 lead on TN with 7 minutes to go in the GAME. On TN's first TD, one of the Giants' DBs punched Young when he was short on a 4th down play(otherwise, the Giants would have gotten the ball back and ran out the clock).

2. Against Dallas at the Meadowlands, they statistically dominated the Cowboys 2-1, but a fumble on an INT by Kiwi and bone-headed PFs by Plax and Bob Whitfield killed potential scoring drives. Otherwise-it was THEM(and NOT the Saints the week after) that exposed Romo and the Cowboys' D for future opponents. The only difference being that the Saints weren't making bone-headed penalties and were hitting the ground when they got TOs.

3. They had the game in control early on against New Orleans, but like against the above 2 opponents, they did everything they possibly could to let them take charge of the game.

All in all, even without Toomer, Strahan, Pettigout, etc, they would have easily been 11-5. This is another case where injuries are nothing but a sorry excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes