PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Both Mannings

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny you metion this, i was thinking the same thing when creyton was shooting his mouth off earlier this week.

i believe that these two teams (colts pats)are carrying themselves with a level of professionalism that dwarfs the rest of the league. the psychology of no smack talking is that it truly belittles your opponent who is smack talking. It's saying we'll do our talking on the field because we know we're better.

I dont recall much serious billboard material before the game last january....does anyone?

the colts-pats clearly both believe they are on a collision course for a super bowl berth (and easy win) in january.

That said........go Jacksonville.

Archie did suck, 173 career INTS's vs 125 TD's with a career passer rating of 67? Rex Grossman has a higher career passer rating.

I never understood why people said he was a good player on a bad team. He was a ****ty player on a ****ty team.

You guys a re a bunch of ******* nimrods, an easy read on his bio at least speaks to his talent and respect. The Saints wer awful, yet he managed to make two Pro Bowls. Plus, isn't it you ***** that keep reminding us how the game has changed now, to favor the offenses? That was real FBall that man played, not this ***** **** you guys talk about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Manning

True-but believe it or not, those injuries actually had nothing to do with some of their losses down the stretch...

1. They had a 21-0 lead on TN with 7 minutes to go in the GAME. On TN's first TD, one of the Giants' DBs punched Young when he was short on a 4th down play(otherwise, the Giants would have gotten the ball back and ran out the clock).

2. Against Dallas at the Meadowlands, they statistically dominated the Cowboys 2-1, but a fumble on an INT by Kiwi and bone-headed PFs by Plax and Bob Whitfield killed potential scoring drives. Otherwise-it was THEM(and NOT the Saints the week after) that exposed Romo and the Cowboys' D for future opponents. The only difference being that the Saints weren't making bone-headed penalties and were hitting the ground when they got TOs.

3. They had the game in control early on against New Orleans, but like against the above 2 opponents, they did everything they possibly could to let them take charge of the game.

All in all, even without Toomer, Strahan, Pettigout, etc, they would have easily been 11-5. This is another case where injuries are nothing but a sorry excuse.
IIRC, PLAX absolutely gave up on a play at TN, which lead to some points for TN.

This is not a canned "injury excuse", butr again, they were decimated (more than just 1-2 on the D side of the ball). Plax can make Eli look good, but he also hung him out to dry on a few occasions. Just saying that the perception of Eli last year might have been a lot different had they taken care of those gaffes, and been a little healthier. Don't get me wrong, he still makes some bad decisions, but he seems to have improved his accuracy, he looks more confident in the pocket, and throws a prettier pass than his Big Bro.

I look at a pictures like this and think that it must have been great to be a fan back then.
893s_~dimaggiowilliams.jpg williams-mantle.jpg
My future grandkids will look at this picture and think the same thing.
brady_manning.jpg
I could stand to leave Eli out of it.

funny you metion this, i was thinking the same thing when creyton was shooting his mouth off earlier this week.

i believe that these two teams (colts pats)are carrying themselves with a level of professionalism that dwarfs the rest of the league. the psychology of no smack talking is that it truly belittles your opponent who is smack talking. It's saying we'll do our talking on the field because we know we're better.

I dont recall much serious billboard material before the game last january....does anyone?

the colts-pats clearly both believe they are on a collision course for a super bowl berth (and easy win) in january.

That said........go Jacksonville.

Well, I think that Dungy has talked some very serious smack this year.

I look at a pictures like this and think that it must have been great to be a fan back then.
View attachment 922 View attachment 923
My future grandkids will look at this picture and think the same thing.
View attachment 924
I could stand to leave Eli out of it.

But both Eli, and Payton have comported themselves very well don't you think?

I think that there are some real jerks out there. I think that it is cool to identify them as such. They want to be able to say weasilly things, and then slip back into annonimity. Like Hines Ward and his comments. Like how Wade was pinned this last week. (You can bet that he wished that he had just STFUp. But, he just couldn't do it.)

I will hate the Mannings when we play them - but I will do it because of the rivalry, not because these guys are total a-h*les. Cause they ain't.

Eli deserves credit in my book. NY is a really difficult place to play. He is doing pretty good this year.

And again, he and his brother have had numorous chances to attack the Pats, and neither one have said squat. They deserve that distinction.

I hate Peyton BECAUSE he's so good. I've never had a problem acknowledging it.

The whole draft thing is what soured me on Eli and Archie. Demanding that trade and standing up there with those pouty looks on their faces. I will probably change over time.

TRAITORS!
manning is a douchbag and so is his little whiny brother. i want to puke every time i see that bastid whoring himself out to another commercial, and i would sleep well if he got his kneecaps busted out. HOW CAN YOU NOT DESPISE THE COLTS AND EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM??
am i missing something here?

Perhaps a little balance in your life?

Everyone has good and bad points. Peyton Manning has good points and Tom Brady has bad points. If you recognize this, then perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to get in a dither (I like that word!) with your fellow Patriot fans.

The whole draft thing is what soured me on Eli and Archie. Demanding that trade and standing up there with those pouty looks on their faces. I will probably change over time.

I am with you totally on that one.

And, whenever Archie speaks up for his kids, it just drives me crazy. "Just let them live their lives you old fool", I usually say to my self.

Archie is just not very likable. Maybe it is one of those southern kinda things. I do know that most people love the guy down in Narlins.

Eli does not have a lot of confrontation in him. It makes him look like a wuss. But, he is slowly making good. And, he does not open his mouth about things that are not his business.

I have nothing against Peyton. He's one of the greatest QBs of all-time and earned his ring. He doesn't make excuses when he loses and he doesn't gloat when he wins. He's very funny in his ads, though I'm getting a little tired of the more serious ones (the cut that meat ads were the best).

I can't stand Eli because of the whole Chargers thing. Ridiculous.

Guess I have always felt the need to defend Eli, due to the obvious "he's Peyton's little brother", but I guess no reason to sweat it. I DO have to give folks a pass on the SD/NYG draft day mess. Elway "dictated" where he was going to go (or at least "not go") and I always thought he was a **** for it .(regardless of the fact that it involved Baltimore Colts/Irsays) Finally, I will say that Eli (along with Plax, Shockey, and Toomer) IS becoming a QB that is worth sitting down and watching a game for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes