PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges a plagiarizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Borges gets fired, or someone who wears a tie and a fancy title will have to try to use a bunch of Tiki Barber words to explain why Borges still has a job.

LOL, please get Borges fired. I doubt it but it would be awesome.

Edit: Shmessy beat me to it. I suspect his Zionist, Mossad world Jewish Banking Conspiracy contacts within my household, i.e. Miss Gomezcat, must have tipped him off.

Schaah, schtunk, schtill, you shaygetz!!!!!!

My guess is that this is something that will be handled at the editor-in-chief level, not the sports editor level. It affects the reputation of everyone who works at the paper. And you can bet that the NY Times, the Globe's owner, will be truly steamed. The last thing they need is this kind of crap. If Borges gets no more than a slap on the wrist, that will give this whole thing more legs than a centipede.

I hope that Borges is thoroughly aware that Patsfans.com leaped at the opportunity to cut his throat. I'm certain that until now, he privately snickered at us and at our complaints about his objectivity, or lack of same. It's a nice reminder for him that he's a reporter, writing for the benefit of his readers, not simply for his own benefit.

Has anyone on the Big show mentoned the story so far? If this was an internet bloger they would spend the rest of the week screaming at the top of their lungs about it.

Uh-oh, this could get ugly; quick, someone warn all people with canes and or in wheelchairs that Ron Borges is going to be looking for a fight.

Borges has dug his own grave, imo; his laziness (and outright lying) about football and all things Patriots has finally caught up to him.

This is f-ing great news.

Last edited:
Anybody else find it kind of funny that ColdHardFootballFacts.com is being credited with originating the Borges plagiarism claims, when, it seems to me, the catch was first made by a Seahawks fan who posts on the ESPN.com message boards?

I mean, technically, CHFF didn't do anything wrong -- they didn't use Seattlestatman's words, and they're not obligated to cite where they first heard that Borges copied some of his column from a Seattle beat writer, but it would have been more honest of them to have not implied, through the omission of crediting anyone else, that they were the first to catch it.

Anybody else find it kind of funny that ColdHardFootballFacts.com is being credited with originating the Borges plagiarism claims, when, it seems to me, the catch was first made by a Seahawks fan who posts on the ESPN.com message boards?

I was just thinking this. And you posted it here, where I think it sort of took off and got everyone emailing. But I doubt anyone would have noticed if the Seahawk fan hadn't.

I enjoyed the sports editor's comment: "Someone pointed it out to me."

I was just thinking this. And you posted it here, where I think it sort of took off and got everyone emailing. But I doubt anyone would have noticed if the Seahawk fan hadn't.

Heh. While I would love to take credit for helping start the sh!tstorm that finally takes Borges down, I'm not sure my posting it here had much of an effect. The posters at the ESPN.com Pats board did a pretty good job of figuring out whom to send the links in order to get a result -- w/in an hour, I think Borges' editors, every Herald writer, PFT, CHFF, every WEEI host and BSMW, had all been sent multiple emails about it.

(Now, if only we could do something about Reiss' constantly copying everything Stacy James says word for word...)

Yeah who is this masked Seahawk fan, anyway? He deserves all the credit for finding this little gem, he will be a God to Patriot fans everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back