PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges a plagiarizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hell hath no fury than a bunch of pissed off patsfans...good work folks, this will not be swept under the rug, never wish bad upon anyone, only hope that folks are held accountable for their behavior.

Dale and Holley are talking about it now, waiting to hear Holley's view of this.

sorry if this has already been brought up, but has anyone looked at other columns or stories borges has written? Of course, it would be impossible to check his stories against every other story out there, but I find it hard to believe after years in the business this would be the first time he did this.

This whole thing has made my Monday.

How about sending a tickler to the NYTimes...owners of the Globe.

I'm at work and can't listen-someone please post what was said on the radio-thanks!

Didn't Mike Barnicle eventually get rehired at the Herald?

From the Globe's message board

http://boards.boston.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?
nav=messages&tsn=1&webtag=bc-patriots&tid=8398

I just called the Boston Globe's ombudsman's office regarding what I have been reading on here about Ron the Con's plagiarizing (can't call it anything else) of sportswriter Mike Sando's article from the News Tribune of Tacoma Washington.

Here is what the Globe's Ombudsman told me in a nutshell:

They have received many emails documenting Borges' alleged copying of the article. She told me she is sifting through the examples that were sent to her as we speak and that she is going to present them to the Sports Editor. There is no doubt that the Globe is taking these allegations seriously. I told her that I have followed the Globe's sports pages since I was a kid and was shocked that one of their sportswriters would pull a stunt like this. For years the Globe has been recognized as having one of the best sports departments in the country. Something like this can seriously damage that perception.

Bottom line.....the Boston Globe is VERY AWARE of what Ron the Con has pulled this time and they are investigating it. After talking with the Ombudsman's office I am convinced Ron the Con is going to be on the hot seat this time.

I encourage all of you to continue to call and email the Globe and particularly the Ombudsman's office. While all of us have known that Ron the Con has lied, made up "facts", quoted sources that don't exist, etc this is the first proof that he has actually stolen someone else's work. There is not a worse crime in Journalisim than that. Let the Globe know, that regardless of whether we agree or disagree with Ron the Con's opinions, we will not stand for the kind of yellow journalisim this buffoon has been writing for years. Let them know that this cast's a pall on the entire Boston Globe sports department if this fool is allowed to keep his position at the Globe.

The clock is ticking Ron....and your time is almost up.

If you are of a mind to tell the Globe what opinions you might like to express about Ron Borges, here is a set of email links you might find handy to cut and paste into your email To: address box. These addresses along with a general compendium of Globe personnel and their email addresses can be found at:

https://bostonglobe.com/aboutus/contact/default.asp

P. Steven Ainsley - Publisher <[email protected]>;
Richard J. Daniels - President/Globe Newspaper Company <[email protected]>;
Alfred S. Larkin Jr. - Sr. Vp/Human Resources <[email protected]>;
Joseph T. Sullivan - Asst. Managing Editor/Sports <[email protected]>;
Reid Laymance - Senior Asst. Sports Editor <[email protected]>;
Greogry H. Lee Jr. - Senior Asst. Sports Editor <[email protected]>;
Kenneth M. Fratus - Asst. Sports Editor <[email protected]>;
Robert A. Holmes - Asst. Sports Editor <[email protected]>;
John S. Thurston - Asst. Sports Editor <[email protected]>;
Ombudsman <[email protected]>;

<[email protected]>

I included at the end an email address for Cold Hard Football Facts. You might want to cut and paste it separately into the Bcc: address box if you don't care to make the Globe folks aware that you are copying CHFF on your email. CHFF has published a link which opens up an email to many of the above Globe contacts. And they included their own CHFF email address so I guess you could presume that they are interested in knowing how many people might be sending emails to the Globe. The addressees on that email that opens up if you click on their link is a little out of date. One of the addressees is Richard Gilman, the Publisher of the Globe who retired last September. The above email contact list includes P. Steven Ainsley who is the new Publisher. CHFF email link is as follows if you were to be interested in that:
pass along your greetings to the Globe bigwigs
which appeared in their article:
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1357&Category=1

sorry if this has already been brought up, but has anyone looked at other columns or stories borges has written? Of course, it would be impossible to check his stories against every other story out there, but I find it hard to believe after years in the business this would be the first time he did this.

Yeah, I think they've got Mike Barnicle checking the archives.:D

Bottom line.....the Boston Globe is VERY AWARE of what Ron the Con has pulled this time and they are investigating it. After talking with the Ombudsman's office I am convinced Ron the Con is going to be on the hot seat this time.

Oh man, I don't know what's got me giddier--this or the Thomas signing. This is fantastic news!

The globe's deleting anything borges related on the globe message board :D

Both Dale and Holly think that the Globe will do something minor about this but Ron will not be fired or suspended. They will probably issue some sort of a statement on the back pages.

They didn't say this. Ron will probably get a very stongly worded email from one of the Globes managers.

Cold Hard Football Facts wrote an article about it. I sent an email in and so did several others. Glad to see them spread it. Hopefully it will.

This scum deserves to be fired.

Last edited:
Oh man, I don't know what's got me giddier--this or the Thomas signing. This is fantastic news!
If there doesn't turn out to be an explanation for it, than it could have some serious consequences. This scum deserves to be fired, allegedly.
Both Dale and Holly think that the Globe will do something minor about this but Ron will not be fired or suspended. They will probably issue some sort of a statement on the back pages.

If you are of a mind to tell the Globe what opinions you might like to express about Ron Borges, here is a set of email links you might find handy. They have received many emails documenting Borges' alleged copying of the article.
A source at the Globe told me she is sifting through the examples that were sent to her as we speak and that she is going to present them to the Sports Editor. Ominously for Borges, the Globe is taking these allegations seriously.
I told her that I have followed the Globe's sports pages since I was a poster on Patsfans and was shocked that one of their sportswriters would pull a stunt like this. For years the Globe has been recognised as having one of the best sports departments in the United States. Something like this can seriously damage that perception.

"material from personal interviews, wire services, other forum posters, and league and team sources was used in this post"

Now, is anyone left in any doubt about plagiarism?

Edit: Shmessy beat me to it. I suspect his Zionist, Mossad world Jewish Banking Conspiracy contacts within my household, i.e. Miss Gomezcat, must have tipped him off.

Last edited:
If there doesn't turn out to be an explanation for it, than it could have some serious consequences. This scum deserves to be fired, allegedly.

If you are of a mind to tell the Globe what opinions you might like to express about Ron Borges, here is a set of email links you might find handy. They have received many emails documenting Borges' alleged copying of the article.
A source at the Globe told me she is sifting through the examples that were sent to her as we speak and that she is going to present them to the Sports Editor. Ominously for Borges, the Globe is taking these allegations seriously.
I told her that I have followed the Globe's sports pages since I was a poster on Patsfans and was shocked that one of their sportswriters would pull a stunt like this. For years the Globe has been recognised as having one of the best sports departments in the United States. Something like this can seriously damage that perception.

"material from personal interviews, wire services, other forum posters, and league and team sources was used in this post"

I find your work refreshing and insightful, a masterpiece of originality to rival Willy Shakespeer's novellas. Wrong Borges, Boztun Glob

I think I read that exact statement, word for word,somewhere. But, I can't remember where.

PFT just got the story up.

I think I read that exact statement, word for word,somewhere. But, I can't remember where.

Are you stealing my ideas again, "Nuts"? I'LL SUE! :mad: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back