PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boomer Esiason: Belichick Would Be Perfect Next Coach For Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft letting draft picks be stolen from the Patriots without fighting has really handicapped the Patriots going forward.

What the heck does this have to do with the plausibility of Belichick going to the Giants?

That's a hot take Boomer. Next he's going to tell us that Abe Lincoln would be a great President, but that its unlikely that he'll run in 2016.

Gee and gosh golly. I would think you could name any team in the league and Boomer's statement would ring true.

You are right on 31 of 32 teams. But you are wrong! that BB would be perfect for any team in the league. Philly's owner made it clear anyone that is stoic with an unapologetic directness is not right for the Philly HC job. BB seems perfectly unfit for that job :)

Now here's some grade-A level stupid for y'all:

Why Bill Belichick Might Actually Want New York Giants Job

1136.gif

Now here's some grade-A level stupid for y'all:

Why Bill Belichick Might Actually Want New York Giants Job

Maybe the Giants would ask Kraft to talk to BB. That doesn't seem outrageous. I suspect Kraft would say ok too. Further, he is right that BB would initially own NYC. And if he brought Patriot type continued success to the Giants he would own it times two (NY media is hilarious in how they think being the toast of the NYC town is the end all be all).
That's about it on him being right. BB is 63 years old and has been headcoach-ing uninterrupted for 15 years. He has complete control of the non business side of the Patriots, an owner who who has complete and nearly blind faith in him, a football god to nearly all new england fans except media, probably compensated and will be compensated markedly-extremely well by the Patriots, and is on the cusp of taking the franchise to undeniably singular NFL success (it is very possible to see him in the next few years to have 8 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super bowl wins over a single coaching tenure -- it would be undeniable in its singularity of 'legend').
So, umm, ya BB the 63 year old man is going to give that up to come in, semi-blow up a franchise and start the process over. In reality he will probably coach the Patriots a few years after Brady departs and call it a HOF career.

No offense to the OP but this thread makes me physically ill. Rather I should say, these asswipes in NY who think their city is God's gift to the sports world make me want to vomit.

Belichick and Brady trade themselves to the Giants for 2 Firsts and 2 Seconds.

Both retire the next day, writing their resignations on the same napkin.

Last edited:
Maybe the Giants would ask Kraft to talk to BB. That doesn't seem outrageous. I suspect Kraft would say ok too. Further, he is right that BB would initially own NYC. And if he brought Patriot type continued success to the Giants he would own it times two (NY media is hilarious in how they think being the toast of the NYC town is the end all be all).
That's about it on him being right. BB is 63 years old and has been headcoach-ing uninterrupted for 15 years. He has complete control of the non business side of the Patriots, an owner who who has complete and nearly blind faith in him, a football god to nearly all new england fans except media, probably compensated and will be compensated markedly-extremely well by the Patriots, and is on the cusp of taking the franchise to undeniably singular NFL success (it is very possible to see him in the next few years to have 8 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super bowl wins over a single coaching tenure -- it would be undeniable in its singularity of 'legend').
So, umm, ya BB the 63 year old man is going to give that up to come in, semi-blow up a franchise and start the process over. In reality he will probably coach the Patriots a few years after Brady departs and call it a HOF career.

BB has stated on several occasions that one of the things that drew him towards the Patriots job was the fact that he enjoyed living and working in our area. He went to high school up here, went to college not that far away, has a house on the Vineyard, etc. I think he meant it (about enjoying New England) and furthermore doesn't have the love for NYC that too many New Yorkers assume the rest of us have. I did the NYC thing for a couple of years when I was younger and was thrilled to put it in my rearview mirror. I bet BB feels the same way.

I think he likes the situation here, with ownership he is clearly in alignment with and where the players certainly have fewer distractions and it is easier for him to "manage" with them, his staff, etc. I think there is a misconception about the Giants ownership; yes grandson Mara is the out-front person but the money people are the Tisch's, not Mara. Dealing with Fredo and Jonathan Shaft may not be a cakewalk but its not the three-headed monster the Giants have going on. Did you catch Coughlin's snub of Mara coming off the podium the other day? Spoke volumes to me. I also don't think he would love to have the Park Avenue roaches in his facility constantly, not to mention sharing a facility with the Green Slime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST