PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount Signs with Pats (2yr deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, Belichick maybe, who said "Luck is the residual of Inspiration and Perspiration !"

Was that a take-off on Edison's quip?

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration"

I should have been clearer in my question? I meant during the regular season.
I've been looking, Miguel. Coming up empty...:(

The untold story here is that Blount has been a bit of a challenge everywhere he has played, Oregon, TB, Pitt...but he hasn't had an issue w/ the 5 winning-ist coach of all-time and one of the greatest QB's to play the game.

He may be a car-bomb waiting to happen, but the chemistry just works here for him- and the team.

Sorry- what I am implying is that Demps was never really injured.

If you go by the league bylaws under evasion, they would most certainly have reason to investigate the Pats for IR'ing a player who had a clean MRI.

Why would he have an MRI if he wasn't injured?
They don't just do them for fun.
Once again, severity of the injury is not the standard. A player could be questionable with a sore finger and IRing him would not be a violation of anything.

Are you suggesting that the Patriots told him to make up a story that he 'tweaked' something and go for a phony MRI so that they could put him on IR and he was fine with sitting out the year instead of being released and playing for someone else? Really? Your conspiracy theory has a lot of twists to it.

@fnordcircle has 999 posts on that forum without being banned. That's a modern miracle.

EDIT: I'm also tickled that David Lo Pan posts on there. "This is a nice knife. Goodbye, Mr. Burton".

I got banned from dere for posting pictures of vagoos. Like 3 weeks. It was a rewording of Sooth's "I sold the board" post.

I got banned from dere for posting pictures of vagoos. Like 3 weeks. It was a rewording of Sooth's "I sold the board" post.

Pics or it didn't happen.

True, but if it means him scoring a touchdown, I can live with it lol

I loved that dance. Throwing it right in the Ravens stupid face. (That's Ray ray's stupid, clown @ss dance that he would do coming out onto the field).

Posting PFT does absolutely nothing to support your contention. That is a known rag who has admitted to stirring stuff up - particularly about the Patriots - in an effort to generate clicks.

I can't believe that:rolleyes:. My favorite poster is 2001asterisk2003asterisk2004asterisk. He's so insightful and informative. Definately not a troll. It's probably Florio's handle.:cool:

Not sure how I feel about Blount signing. I'm definately not in the "Gray is going to be this productive going forward" camp. But I am of the opinion it is strange to haul in someone who just walked off the field. Then again, Moss was that kinda guy and he worked out. I'm confused.

Why would he have an MRI if he wasn't injured?
They don't just do them for fun.

Good question. Demps claims to have felt a "tweak" in his leg and he and medical staff agreed that an MRI was a good next step to determine the severity of the "tweak".

Once again, severity of the injury is not the standard. A player could be questionable with a sore finger and IRing him would not be a violation of anything.

Going from "Questionable" to IR would be terribly suspicious. Against the rules? I am not aware of what he the NFL's protocol is for investigating potentially erroneous IR designations but we do know that they left the Demps situation alone. While I am not a lawyer by trade, the NFL's policy on this matter seems squishy. It would seem logical to me that if the player has chosen not to file a grievance with the NFLPA, the league would stand down.

Are you suggesting that the Patriots told him to make up a story that he 'tweaked' something and go for a phony MRI so that they could put him on IR and he was fine with sitting out the year instead of being released and playing for someone else? Really? Your conspiracy theory has a lot of twists to it.

It is a conspiracy theory to say the least.

I think that Demps was so far behind in the playbook that the team had a honest conversation with him about what his standing was with the team and how it impacted the roster and suggested that the IR designation was essentially a "red-shirt" in NFL speak. Keep in mind he signed a 3-year deal so cutting him wasn't the preferred option. Seeing that he would still be paid, he was comfortable enough to agree to the IR designation.

Good move, he won't be a diva here or he will have to deal with Vince Wilfork.
Maybe he is the guy who gets out of jail and commits a crime so he can get back in so the warden can take care of him.

Good move, he won't be a diva here or he will have to deal with Vince Wilfork.

I do have a concern about his bestest buddy eva (Talib) not being here for him but, at least from what I've been shown of his twitter history, he seems to genuinely have liked the other guys on the team, as well.

Haha, love it. I've mentioned that I think Blount was overrated last year but I still think this is a great move. And a funny one.

Great uncle sun ra approves your post.

tumblr_n5zatwH99e1qdl86po2_500.gif

Quoting Adamjt13, the compensatory picks guru, http://forums.kffl.com/threads/247418-Projecting-the-2009-Compensatory-Picks/page11 … "That might not seem fair in some cases, but the player always count against the team that ends up with him. Otherwise, a team could end up with the player AND a comp pick, which would be even more unfair."

My take - I have my doubts that the Pats will get a comp pick in 2015 for @LG_Blount . May be wrong. May be right. We will see next year.

Was that a take-off on Edison's quip?

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration"

That is the basic original quote it's good to know that is attributed to Edison.

I think my quote was taken from Vince Lombardi, who obviously adopted it from Edison's original proverb.

I know he made light of his "undisclosed" during a speaking engagement in Texas (I think).

Placing Kingsbury on IR happened before the regular season. I am asking for teams placing a player with no previous reports of injury on IR during the regular season. There were posts that suggested that the Patriots could/should place James White on IR.

Not sure how I feel about Blount signing. I'm definately not in the "Gray is going to be this productive going forward" camp. But I am of the opinion it is strange to haul in someone who just walked off the field. Then again, Moss was that kinda guy and he worked out. I'm confused.
It was a conspiracy ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes