PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills release RB Karlos Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is an unreal 3 down RB talent. He's right there with David Johnson and Todd Gurley wow (when trying).

Is he subject to waivers or can sign anywhere? He could be someone's RB of the future.
Sure he is, when he's on roids. No thanks, we don't need another guy with a bullseye on his back.

The downside is wasting your time on a guy who is a tool. Every time some slug is released by another team the nothing to lose argument is made.
There is a season approaching and the team need to prepare for it. Wasting their time with a guy who doesn't give a damn because maybe if he were a different person he might help your team is silly.

Jon Gruden didn't sleep in his office and wake up at 3 am because he has all the time in the world to waste. One reason BB has been so successful is that he manages not having enough time to do everything needed better than others. One piece of that is not wasting your time on a guy because even if he doesn't change his attitude you can just cut him
Gruden has been up all night watching Williams for weeks probably. "Now Karlos Williams Mike, he might be the most explosive runner I've ever seen. Yeah he might be a little heavy but, I'll tell ya something nobody works harder."

Apparently he got up into the 260s this offseason. You know you've really ****ed up when Rex Ryan cuts you for being too fat. In other words: guy moves to Buffalo, immediately becomes a fat, lazy slob. Who could have imagined?

Last edited:
I don't see any downside in signing him. It will be hard to monitor his weight during the 4 game suspension.

I think the downside is that you're now wasting your time with a 260 pound, suspended sack of **** who has only succeeded with the aid of steroids so far. A lot of those things can be looked past, but I don't think gaining 30 pounds in one offseason is one of them. That doesn't exactly speak to a guy who's mentally or physically in the right place to contribute this season. Not worth the time, money, or effort IMO.

Given all the baggage he's currently lugging around, I wouldn't take him over any of the top 5 RBs we're currently working with (Lewis, Blount, Gaffney, White, Brown).

I think the downside is that you're now wasting your time with a 260 pound, suspended sack of **** who has only succeeded with the aid of steroids so far. Not worth the time, money, or effort IMO. Given all the baggage he's currently lugging around, I wouldn't take him over any of the top 5 RBs we're currently working with (Lewis, Blount, Gaffney, White, Brown).
You wouldn't take him over Donald Brown? lol

You wouldn't take him over Donald Brown? lol

No, I wouldn't. I don't even like Brown that much, but purely by virtue of not being a 260 pound sack of **** serving a steroid suspension and coming off of a massive, season-killing concussion he wins that battle.

I dunno why anyone's acting like Karlos Williams is some rare talent. We see a few Karlos Williams types every year. Yeah, he's physically gifted, but so are dozens of other RBs who don't put in the necessary work and aren't worth much. If he's not taking care of his body and putting in the work in the offseason then he's just another guy.

Didn't this guys beat his then pregnant girlfriend? Even if it's not true, he's still doesnt seem to be a good teammate.

The Patriots did go as far as cuting the first rounder of last year becaus he wasnt a positive addition, it would be strange to pick up someone's fifth round pick that was also cut for the same reason.

Didn't this guys beat his then pregnant girlfriend? Even if it's not true, he's still doesnt seem to be a good teammate.

The Patriots did go as far as cuting the first rounder of last year becaus he wasnt a positive addition, it would be strange to pick up someone's fifth round pick that was also cut for the same reason.
This logic makes no sense me. So why does any team ever sign a guy who was cut from another team then?

This logic makes no sense me. So why does any team ever sign a guy who was cut from another team then?
If it's schematics or salary cap, then it's fine. He was cut because he wasn't worth the trouble and a bad teammate

the bills are a mess

i love it. constant clown show

You mean like Dillon/Moss?
Yes. Karlos Willians, the guy who was a rookie last year, ran for less than 600 yards last year, got hurt, didn't give enough s*** to show up in shape and got cut by Rex Ryan bc was a bad teammate nevertheless is EXACTLY like Moss and Dillon.

You mean like Dillon/Moss?

Dillon/Moss were a) generational talents, who were head and shoulders above a guy like Williams, and b) never gained 30 pounds in an offseason while getting suspended for steroid use.

FFS, Williams was such a lazy sack of **** that Rex Ryan cut him for being too fat and lazy. Just take a minute and let that sink in.

Last edited:

Williams had fallen to the bottom of the Bills depth chart. He would not do any better in ours. He brings nothing to the table in his current form, just a waste of a roster spot.

"He came in behind the eight ball and never caught up, and there were other guys on the roster who moved ahead of him," general manager Doug Whaley said. "In light of that, we thought, 'Why hold onto him?'"

The Bills announced Williams was released hours before their preseason game against the New York Giants.

The move comes five days after Williams was cleared for practice. He missed the first two weeks of training camp while working with the team's training staff on getting into shape.
"He came in behind the eight ball and never caught up, and there were other guys on the roster who moved ahead of him," general manager Doug Whaley said. "In light of that, we thought, 'Why hold onto him?'"

Buffalo Bills cut troubled running back Karlos Williams/AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference