PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills release RB Karlos Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the downside is that you're now wasting your time with a 260 pound, suspended sack of **** who has only succeeded with the aid of steroids so far. A lot of those things can be looked past, but I don't think gaining 30 pounds in one offseason is one of them. That doesn't exactly speak to a guy who's mentally or physically in the right place to contribute this season. Not worth the time, money, or effort IMO.

Given all the baggage he's currently lugging around, I wouldn't take him over any of the top 5 RBs we're currently working with (Lewis, Blount, Gaffney, White, Brown).
I hear what you are saying. The only thing that I will say is we are talking about a guy who is regularly 230-235lbs coming in at 260lbs. 30lbs on him is not like 30lbs on Dion Lewis.
A lot of NFL skill position players add weight in the offseason, the mistake Williams made was not getting it off before the start of camp.

That said the Patriots have dealt with players with weight issues in the past and seem to be able to keep them in check. Knighton and Anthony Johnson are 2 current players with a history of weight and work ethic issues.

You do not have to cut any of those backs you mention you just have to free up a spot on your 90 man roster and then you have the rest of the preseason and the 4 games he is suspended to see if he is a fit.

say hellooooooooooo to Karlos Williams! 2016 here we come!

He was 25 lbs overweight when he arrived at spring organized activities, was five pounds heavier at start of training camp and continued to gain weight during camp. No discipline.

Bills notebook: Karlos Williams’ career in Buffalo comes to an abrupt end - BN Blitz
He also is being coached by a guy who had a gastric bypass because he had no control over his weight and who regularly is unable to keep his mouth shut. Williams just turned 23 years old in May, he is very young and it is not uncommon for young people to lack discipline. Put him with the right coaches and the right veteran presence and he could end up being a great player.

Sign him and put him on PUP. See if he can learn the playbook, fit into the culture, work hard to get into shape and get on the straight and narrow. If he is a ding-a-ling then they cut him.

I think Gaffney is ok- not special.

Blount is fine but Williams is a bit quicker to the hole. If he goes down the team just lost its only power back.

They need more quality runners back there. Too thin for my liking.

30 lbs overweight in just a few months... How hard is it to lay off the doughnuts?

IMG_2463.PNG Whos to blame the games afoot Watson Its quite a quandry but yet one individual stands out from the rest the man who took seconds on the Mrs Pennybacks Curried Mutton you know the dish I cant even finish half of without being in the John for a good evening.
Watson you dont mean Holmes in the case of the sloth athlete the culprit must be.

He cleared waivers

I think the downside is that you're now wasting your time with a 260 pound, suspended sack of **** who has only succeeded with the aid of steroids so far. A lot of those things can be looked past, but I don't think gaining 30 pounds in one offseason is one of them. That doesn't exactly speak to a guy who's mentally or physically in the right place to contribute this season. Not worth the time, money, or effort IMO.

Given all the baggage he's currently lugging around, I wouldn't take him over any of the top 5 RBs we're currently working with (Lewis, Blount, Gaffney, White, Brown).

He was suspended for Substance abuse, not PED's.

I liked watching Williams last year, and thought he had a real future in the league. It's telling, however, that Rex Ryan released the player for not being disciplined enough and in shape. How in the world would we expect that to fly here? I have a hard time imagining that BB would bring him in for a look.

I liked watching Williams last year, and thought he had a real future in the league. It's telling, however, that Rex Ryan released the player for not being disciplined enough and in shape. How in the world would we expect that to fly here? I have a hard time imagining that BB would bring him in for a look.

Just maybe..... He hated Rex, The Bills, and Buffalo. I have no problem "imagining" that.

Am I the only one? lol

Never heard of someone eating their way out of the league in one season. That usually doesn't happen til at like 3 or 4 years in.

Sign the beast. Worst case scenario, we have a new explosive DT if he doesn't lose the weight.

On a cheap rookie contract he had exactly zero waiver claims.

On a cheap rookie contract he had exactly zero waiver claims.

Very telling especially with his performance last year. Maybe teams want to be able to sign him to a cheap 1 year trial instead of taking on the 3 years left on his contract. I want us to give him a shot. I know there is a good chance he will not work out but I think it is worth the risk given our current talent at the position.

Can we sign him to the practice squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore