PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills release RB Karlos Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is an unreal 3 down RB talent. He's right there with David Johnson and Todd Gurley wow (when trying).

Is he subject to waivers or can sign anywhere? He could be someone's RB of the future.

Agreed. He's only 23 years old though. If we can save Blount & Branch I would seriously consider Williams.
It should be noted though that I just noticed that Williams is suspended for the first four games of the season.

Averaged 5.6 ypc. Facing 4 game drug suspension and showed up 20 lbs overweight.

Showed up overweight to training camp, has already had concussion problems, suspended 4 games. Can't cut it for Rex, there's no way he could for BB
Man this preseason has been a disaster for the Bills. Regardless not having the Williams of last year will be a blow to their depth if Lesean gets dinged up again.

Horrible offseason but he has so much talent...am tempted!

Showed up overweight to training camp, has already had concussion problems, suspended 4 games. Can't cut it for Rex, there's no way he could for BB

The suspension helps in a sense. He needs a month to get his ass kicked and back into shape.

261, 11 lbs heavier than Blount's listed weight....JS....

This could be motivation for him to turn what a disaster off season into the promise he showed his rookie season. I'd sign him for the minimum and if he doesn't improve just release him.

There is a pattern with Williams ..... football isn't a priority for him; he simply doesn't care. Besides, he's another concussion away from scrambled eggs.

He's Glen Davising his way out of the league.

Question - If he signed here would he be allowed to workout with Brady since they are both suspended?

I don't see any downside in signing him. It will be hard to monitor his weight during the 4 game suspension.

Even after showing up to minicamp 40 lbs. overweight and getting slapped with a 4-game suspension, Rex had said his roster spot was safe, and he had been practicing so the team must have been satisfied with his conditioning.

In other words, something more must have happened for the Bills to cut him. The rest of their depth behind McCoy is pretty thin and he wouldn't have taken up a roster spot for the first four games anyhow. Despite the talent he showed last year, I'll pass.

Even after showing up to minicamp 40 lbs. overweight and getting slapped with a 4-game suspension, Rex had said his roster spot was safe, and he had been practicing so the team must have been satisfied with his conditioning.

In other words, something more must have happened for the Bills to cut him. The rest of their depth behind McCoy is pretty thin and he wouldn't have taken up a roster spot for the first four games anyhow. Despite the talent he showed last year, I'll pass.
Maybe he didn't toe the line and put his best foot forward for Rex.

I don't see any downside in signing him. It will be hard to monitor his weight during the 4 game suspension.
The downside is wasting your time on a guy who is a tool. Every time some slug is released by another team the nothing to lose argument is made.
There is a season approaching and the team need to prepare for it. Wasting their time with a guy who doesn't give a damn because maybe if he were a different person he might help your team is silly.

Jon Gruden didn't sleep in his office and wake up at 3 am because he has all the time in the world to waste. One reason BB has been so successful is that he manages not having enough time to do everything needed better than others. One piece of that is not wasting your time on a guy because even if he doesn't change his attitude you can just cut him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back