PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Has Only Himself To Blame For This Mess On Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS

Show me one fan base (other than Philly fans, who are so miserable nobody compares) or fan site that is more negative towards their team than the Pats are or this site is that is comparable to the Pats in terms of their success.

Yes, the defense is not good.

However, the negative reaction by fans here after a win is ridiculous.

I'm Rob0729 and I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

BS

Show me one fan base (other than Philly fans, who are so miserable nobody compares) or fan site that is more negative towards their team than the Pats are or this site is that is comparable to the Pats in terms of their success.

Yes, the defense is not good.

However, the negative reaction by fans here after a win is ridiculous.

No kidding, Boston fans are notoriously negative and this board is no different. You want to see a homer board go to frigging Saintsreport.

Horrible FS play

Some one need to explain how no one has noticed the terrible FS play.

Even in the last drive how the heck does kyle and WR where tangled and the FS is behind them ???? .Am the only one that seen the total rubbish FS play. the guy cannot tackle and does have no feel.

In the chargers game one can see where the ball is going but the FS has no feel. as a fan i can see where he was going but seems the FS is running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I see outside receiver get beat yet the FS never arrives to provide support , not even once. FS job at the back is if a WR is beat is come down to help . I am yet to see the FS come down.

today ravens are attacking the jets safety , if we ever run into a team where the Safety is asked to do anything we are totally done.

FS is showing no improvement. NON...he is as bad as he was in week1.

Re: Horrible FS play

We won man Jesus... we were committed to stoping DMC and we did no TD of him and kept him under 100 yds we made Campbell beat us but he didn't enjoy the W fool we 3-1 buffalo lost and ravens tearing the jets a new one

Its comments by Sellers that reminds me of the episode on Cheers when Sam Malone did the Sports. "If you're not going to root, root, root for the whole team..." It's pathetic. People invest their time they can be critical of anything they want. Sports, politics, etc.

Sellers you made the comment after a win, you're the same person who is SHOCKED when after 14-2 they get bumped in the first round. It's because they were not a complete team.

And shame on you for the whoever made the mini-Felger comment. Why because he is actually in the media and criticizes the team as opposed to DeOssie who is at the effing Belichick family cookout at the stadium, come on.

Its funny with the Red Sox ownership, everyone is on point that they don't like to be humored or lied to. But if it comes out of Belichicks lips its 100 percent gospel. That's why Ordway just had his salary cut, people are sick of the media being lackeys, literally. I won't and if you're wearing a Patriot shirt right now, sorry, I am hear to blog the truth.

Its comments by Sellers that reminds me of the episode on Cheers when Sam Malone did the Sports. "If you're not going to root, root, root for the whole team..." It's pathetic. People invest their time they can be critical of anything they want. Sports, politics, etc.

Sellers you made the comment after a win, you're the same person who is SHOCKED when after 14-2 they get bumped in the first round. It's because they were not a complete team.

And shame on you for the whoever made the mini-Felger comment. Why because he is actually in the media and criticizes the team as opposed to DeOssie who is at the effing Belichick family cookout at the stadium, come on.

Its funny with the Red Sox ownership, everyone is on point that they don't like to be humored or lied to. But if it comes out of Belichicks lips its 100 percent gospel. That's why Ordway just had his salary cut, people are sick of the media being lackeys, literally. I won't and if you're wearing a Patriot shirt right now, sorry, I am hear to blog the truth.

You biatch and moan about us internet bullies and all you are doing is throwing around insults at everyone else.

i thought the defense played pretty well today. I was disappointed at the last drive te pats allowed them to drive 99 yards. the pass rush is pretty pathetic.

they should have never released james sanders. the safety position is weak as well as DE

BSR if its not coaching and its not drafting/free agency why are we so bad ?. What's your contention bad luck?
Belichick is a great coach, but as a gm he is average at best. Just name me the impact players on this D. The defensive problems we have now are the same one we have had since the Superbowl i shall not mention

I said BB made mistakes and some of them big ones. I think one of his bigger problems was thinking that defenses were going to change due to the rules changes, and now he is realizing that the changes aren't as much as he thought (i.e., illegal contact isn't being called as much as he thought). Therefore he was trying for smaller quicker corners that were just being eaten up by bigger receivers. He then had to switch back. At least that's my guess. I also wonder if has enough good coaches surrounding him.

At the end of the day though, he still puts a good team on the field almost every year. I think he's worth keeping so I'm just not inclined to whine that they aren't the number one offfense and defense every single year. I just think this fan base has some insanely high expectations based on a decade of superior football.

No, you tool, people *****ing like crazy after a road win is irritating.

Any other QB today say fitzgerald or better we lose today.

Only three stars on D Wilfolk Mayo and Mccourty at this pont.

Scheme cannot coverup lack of talent elsewhere!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's a bum, lets fire him and see if we can get Rex Ryan.

It's definitely been brought up how awful the FS position is. A clear area of concern right now, missing Sanders

The free safety play is absolutely the worst spot on this team right now. Hopefully it improves, not holding my breath.

Greenbay and Baltimore has players on Defense. we need more playmakers. should have never given BM and James Sanders away.

we need to pony up and pick some pass rushers next year. it's been over 5 years since we had a good pass rusher.

wheres TBC? i'd take him as patchwork this year.

It took 4 turnovers for Fitzpatrick (I assume you meant him) to beat us last week. FOUR.

I brought this up last week and was killed by some posters because I said I was watching Barrett and Brown all game, and what I saw scared the bejeesus out of me, because the instincts were beyond poor. Yet because I wrote that Barrett/Brown weren't breaking on the ball when Fitzpatrick was throwing it, some said I was acting like a know-it-all. The safety position is beyond a weakness right now, it's a mortal wound.

put Leigh Bodden at Free Safety

Safety might be the biggest problem on defense right now.

You never see them in the area to help the CBs on the deeper routes, you never see them come up to help the LBs on the under routes, you never see them come up to fill on running plays.

Chung is not a FS and really needs to play in more of a SS role.

McCourty can't make any plays because he has to play so conservative because he has no help behind him.

Honestly, I thought Arrington played a hell of a game. When Bodden and Dowling get out of the tub, I would be giving Arrington reps at FS.

The five man front with 2 LBs was genious by Belichick and the players today. They did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back