PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard whines about player safety rules; calls Brady "pretty boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually very interested in this because every time I watch it, before and after Pollard was a member of the Ravens, I see a guy who was blocked to the ground, tried to get up and while he was being blocked back to the ground AND while Brady stepped up into a throw he made contact with Brady low.

The issue is plainly clear to me. You do not understand the rule. That is typical. Pollard was not BLOCKED into Brady. Pollard LUNGED at Brady from the ground. That is what made it Illegal. As others have pointed out to you.

If Pollard has been blocked INTO Brady, then it would be a different story, but that isn't what happened.

I'm unsure as to what a player in Pollard's situation was supposed to do? I'm not trying to get you guys angry, I'm just legitimately interested in what you think he could of done in that situation. If you're on the ground, trying to get back up and being shoved back down while moving forward.... AND the QB happens to step into the throw at the exact second this happens, how is that a bad/ignorant/cheap play?

Of course you are "unsure" of what Pollard was supposed to do in that situation. You are unsure because you clearly don't understand the rule and you are literally making the sequence of events. .

1) Pollard got knocked down by Sammy Morris, the RB.
2) Brady starts his throw, planting his left leg forward
3) Pollard doesn't try to get up, he just LUNGES at Brady's knee, while still engaged with Morris.
4) If Pollard had tried to "get up", he'd have made it higher than Brady's knee..

Had Pollard actually TRIED to get up, he wouldn't have been able to do anything except maybe hit Brady in the chest. And life would have gone on.

When you see the QBs arm going forward, you're supposed to be jumping up in front of the ball OR hitting the QB from thighs to chest. Anything else and you are hurting either the QB or your own team.

Thank you! Finally someone sees it as I do. I really don't know how it was cheap. As I explained above, I saw a guy getting up off the ground, being blocked back down to the ground as he is falling forward and Brady happens to also be stepping into the throw at that time. Was Pollard supposed to lay on the ground or somehow dive in a completely different direction to avoid contact with Brady while he was being blocked into him?

You saw only what you wanted to see. Period.

Pollard LUNGED at Brady while still engaged with Morris.

Pollard wasn't supposed to LUNGE at Brady at all. Period. It's called the RULES.. Try reading them.

And please stop with your BS that Pollard was blocked into Brady. That is such a lie its pathetic.

Reporters don't bait players?

Riiiiight

He was either going to answer with the quote above, or say something like, "I'm really sorry about that injury and really didn't mean it. I hope Brady can forgive and forget". What do you think he's going to say during AFCC week?

Those were his only two possible responses?

He was baited into using the words "pretty boy"?

Riiiiight

How about he says something like 'it's unfortunate, but injuries are part of this game. If I start thinking about injuries I won't be effective for my teammates, and I'm sure the other club plays the same way', for example?

And please don't tell me he's just giving an honest answer, because he finishes the comment by saying "but I don't care"; obviously he does care what people are thinking and saying or else he wouldn't make this statement.

The level of buffoonery displayed by the visiting Ravens fans this week has been very disappointing. I'm not sure that there's been even one Ravens fan that hasn't been either been trolling or clowning himself.

I'd like to see someone snap Pollard's leg early in the game. He's a POS.

The level of buffoonery displayed by the visiting Ravens fans this week has been very disappointing. I'm not sure that there's been even one Ravens fan that hasn't been either been trolling or clowning himself.

Wow, that's a post count.

I82much and a couple others have been excellent. A few others, not so much.

As a Ravens fan who has watched every game this year, Pollard has played pretty clean and does not seem to do the things that nearly landed his predecessor at SS (Dawan Landry) in a wheelchair. He also hasn't run off at the mouth, which leads me to believe he was baited somewhat.

There is also some validity to what he says since the rule was created as a result of Brady's ACL injury. LT ended Theismann's career and it didn't prompt a rule change. I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure Brady wasn't the first starting qb to get injured like that. None of those guys got the rule change.

The rule was created after the Kimo hit on Carson Palmer. The Brady play merely prompted an emphasis on the way the previously existent penalty was called.

And the level of blind homerism and jock worship by you guys is equally disappointing. Why do you feel the need to talk down your team's opponent and their players? That's textbook insecurity. Talk about football, not press conferences.

You are criticizing a bunch of guys who got C's in basket weaving for not being media savvy. There are fortune 500 CEOs who have the same problem. Have any of you ever stood at a podium in front of national news cameras and reporters? Didn't think so. Yet you dig up any stupid quote and act outraged.

It's football. Guys get hurt. Even stars. If you want something to cry about, there are some real tragedies happening every day.

I82much and a couple others have been excellent. A few others, not so much.

Thanks man. I try. It is so hard to avoid getting dragged into stuff but once you go down that road a little bit it doesn't matter who started it. I've been using the ignore feature a bit and try to just read the threads where football is being talked.

It's really hard not to defend certain players though. Pollard I don't know enough to even comment. Flacco, I tend to think people really make a mountain out of a molehill sometimes by interpreting things he says in the worst possible light.

And the level of blind homerism and jock worship by you guys is equally disappointing. Why do you feel the need to talk down your team's opponent and their players? That's textbook insecurity. Talk about football, not press conferences.

You are criticizing a bunch of guys who got C's in basket weaving for not being media savvy. There are fortune 500 CEOs who have the same problem. Have any of you ever stood at a podium in front of national news cameras and reporters? Didn't think so. Yet you dig up any stupid quote and act outraged.

It's football. Guys get hurt. Even stars. If you want something to cry about, there are some real tragedies happening every day.

Hahahaha, calling out Deus Irae for being a homer. At least these Ravens fans are entertaining!

Wow, that's a post count.

Not particularly.. It comes from 7 years of posting.. BTW, only trolls worry about post counts..

Typical garbage post from a whiny fan of this weeks opponent. THAT is textbook insecurity. Let me know when you actually start talking about football instead of whining.

Clearly you missed the point that the OP was trying to make. The problem is you, not the OP.

While it's football, ignorance of the rules shouldn't be tolerated. Not from the players. Not from the coaches. Not from the Refs. And, as fans, we have the right to react when jackasses like Suggs, Pollard and Lewis open their mouths.

As a Ravens fan who has watched every game this year, Pollard has played pretty clean and does not seem to do the things that nearly landed his predecessor at SS (Dawan Landry) in a wheelchair. He also hasn't run off at the mouth, which leads me to believe he was baited somewhat.

There is also some validity to what he says since the rule was created as a result of Brady's ACL injury. LT ended Theismann's career and it didn't prompt a rule change. I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure Brady wasn't the first starting qb to get injured like that. None of those guys got the rule change.

You make it sound like Brady was able to get the league to change the rule. He had no say in it. Plus, the rule is the same for every QB in the league. I don't see how the Patriots are to blame or are favored by this rule at all.

Not particularly.. It comes from 7 years of posting.. BTW, only trolls worry about post counts..

I mean, to me, and I could be wrong, it looks like you have a tendency to attack people pretty quickly and you're looking to stir up trouble. I don't know enough to be sure, but I do know better than to get into it any further. Have a good one.

It really is amazing how you all think these guys just come out and say these things on their own. You do understand that they are responding to questions regarding to these things, right? I'm sure the question to Pollard was something along the lines of what do you think about the rule changes and has it changed your style of play and what do you think of Tom Brady?

These aren't just out of nowhere comments by Pollard or by Flacco earlier in the day.

A question for Pats fans along those lines: Do you actually believe Pollard's hit on Brady was "cheap"?
For me, the issue with Pollard has never been the "cheapness", or lack of same, of the hit. Rather, the issue has been the Pollard's "cheap" reaction to it everytime someone brings it up. If the hit on Brady had never occurred, Pollard would still be a cheap, wise-ass punk who has all of the grace and class of the "unleashed dogs" he seems to admire. Karma's a ***** and when he gets his, and he will, I'll quietly smile to myself.

*ROFLMAO* Sorry, but you are becoming a troll with your idiotic comments.

Patriots players show plenty of emotion, personality, and speak their minds truthfully. Just because you are ignorant of that fact doesn't make it any less true.

Do yourself a favor and zip it on things you clearly don't know about.

he's been trolling since he logged on here...it's the ol' "I'm not a troll!!!(hah they'll never know I AM a troll!" pinhead in a college dorm move....in other words, he's a budding Ray Ray 19 in purple instead of green

Typical garbage post from a whiny fan of this weeks opponent. THAT is textbook insecurity. Let me know when you actually start talking about football instead of whining.

Clearly you missed the point that the OP was trying to make. The problem is you, not the OP.

While it's football, ignorance of the rules shouldn't be tolerated. Not from the players. Not from the coaches. Not from the Refs. And, as fans, we have the right to react when jackasses like Suggs, Pollard and Lewis open their mouths.

Wait, let me screenshot this on my iPhone. A pats fan holding a coach accountable for ignorance ( or disregard) of the rules? You sure you want to go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News