PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard whines about player safety rules; calls Brady "pretty boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:
Some Ravens fans calling for him to injure.

Pollard - Patriot Killer

What Scum Suckers!

I do respect that there are guys hoping against injuries... but more than a couple of guys are making it clear that they want our guys to get hurt.
You can say what you want about Pats fans being bias towards their team (no shiz we are... everybody is) but I haven't seen anybody wishing that Flacco gets injured.
That's Low as low can get. You should be proud of yourselves:rolleyes:

What Scum Suckers!

I do respect that there are guys hoping against injuries... but more than a couple of guys are making it clear that they want our guys to get hurt.
You can say what you want about Pats fans being bias towards their team (no shiz we are... everybody is) but I haven't seen anybody wishing that Flacco gets injured.

pigskinp.gif

Pollard is a tool. It was already proven that Brady get's fewer calls than almost any other QB and that guys like Vick and Roethlingsberger get more. A lot more.

I'm curious to see how that was proven. If you show me I'll shut my trap, but if you don't have concrete proof than I'll continue with my belief that you just pulled that out of your ass.

Well to be fair.. it's last season plus the first three weeks of this season so it's slightly out of date. Honestly I can't even remember Brady getting a roughing call this year. I'm sure he probably got one or maybe two but I can't remember. I do remember screaming at the TV several times for a flag that was never thrown though.

Just another irresponsible media member trying to use a "shocking" headline to get attention and blind the truth of the actual interview/player's comments and a fan cutting and pasting what he wants to see from it. He is basically saying he feels blessed to be playing in the NFL. Please look below to see what Pollard said. He was told he was known for the hit on Brady and responded as below. I'm sure you all have no problem with the death threats he received though.

“The hit on Brady,” Pollard said on Thursday. “Look, it’s football, at the end of the day guys get hurt every Sunday. I think the fact of the matter is that in this case it was Tom Brady. Nothing was intentional, nothing was malicious. When that happened, we had other guys go down that day and nothing happened.”

“I took pride because I didn’t do anything wrong,” Pollard said. “This is a game where anything can happen. I don’t care about recognition, I don’t care about being the face of the NFL, I’m just blessed to be able to do what I do.”

“I’ve gotten death threats, from fans, mail email stuff like that,” Pollard said. “They got my house address, they got the Chiefs facility, it doesn’t bother me at all. It’s one of those things. Fans don’t understand the game. We play this game and put so much into it, and when they see the beloved quarterback go down, no one wants to see it. Nobody wants to see it.”

Last edited:
Just another irresponsible media member trying to use a "shocking" headline to get attention and blind the truth of the actual interview/player's comments and a fan cutting and pasting what he wants to see from it. He is basically saying he feels blessed to be playing in the NFL. Please look below to see what Pollard said. He was told he was known for the hit on Brady and responded as below. I'm sure you all have no problem with the death threats he received though.

“The hit on Brady,” Pollard said on Thursday. “Look, it’s football, at the end of the day guys get hurt every Sunday. I think the fact of the matter is that in this case it was Tom Brady. Nothing was intentional, nothing was malicious. When that happened, we had other guys go down that day and nothing happened.”

“I took pride because I didn’t do anything wrong,” Pollard said. “This is a game where anything can happen. I don’t care about recognition, I don’t care about being the face of the NFL, I’m just blessed to be able to do what I do.”

“I’ve gotten death threats, from fans, mail email stuff like that,” Pollard said. “They got my house address, they got the Chiefs facility, it doesn’t bother me at all. It’s one of those things. Fans don’t understand the game. We play this game and put so much into it, and when they see the beloved quarterback go down, no one wants to see it. Nobody wants to see it.”

Pure garbage....if he got threats they would have been investigated by the police..and if they came over long distance interstate phone lines the FBI would have gotten involved. Pollard made this claim right after the Chiefs game and said he turned the tapes of these "threats" over to Chiefs "security". Utter,total, completely ridiculous bullshyt. This is the same moron that claims he didn't swear at Reggie Wayne after hitting him out of bounds, when the fool can be clearly heard screaming F bombs at Wayne as he returns to the field.

The truth is ,Pollard is a liar and a cheap shot punk. No big deal, the league is filled with them.

What Scum Suckers!

So I'm guessing you never read the earlier pages of this thread. That would be where you'd find our fellow Pats fans, begging for Pollard to suffer a serious injury. Like him or not, nobody should be wishing he ends up paralyzed for life. This is why people outside of New England think we're the worst sports fans,,,,,,behind NY ;)

Pollard is scum and a cheap shot artist...can't wait until brady torches him

He is just a fool who has been given the opportunity to remove any doubt about his foolery.
He might think he is making so much sense. How can you even correlate breaking someone's knee to having touchdowns thrown over you?
If I understood him clearly, he is saying that, since scoring is part of the game, injuring someone is also part of the game and that one should take pride in whatever they do in a football game.
Till these comments I had had a bit of sympathy for him since I thought he was pushed by Morris, but now I don't know if that was not his intention.

Ravens fans are probably thugs themselves since they keep defending the thug actions of their players.

Just another irresponsible media member trying to ...

Let's review.

1. Pollard knows the rules and why they exist.
2. Pollard broke these rules and caused injury.

By his own actions, he proved the need for this rule's existence but he still doesn't see why these safety rules are necessary. In other words, he's a thug. He wants to be able to hurt any player in any way while on the field if it helps him win the game.

You should really stop defending thuggery. It reflects poorly on you and your fanbase.

Does anyone here forget how Cassel, twice, nearly got knee injuries b/c this dip**** constantly dived to the knees of QBs in practice. Chiefs cut him after the 2nd incident.

:confused:
Does anyone here forget how Cassel, twice, nearly got knee injuries b/c this dip**** constantly dived to the knees of QBs in practice. Chiefs cut him after the 2nd incident.

Pollard
“I took pride because I didn’t do anything wrong,”

He doesn’t apologize for throwing the ball over your head

Huh??:confused:

Last edited:

Pollard is a liar. Nothing was intentional? BS. He intentionally lunged at Brady's leg. It's clear as day in the videos.

Not illegal? Again, more BS. It's been illegal to go at a QBs legs since 2006. Guy clearly doesn't understand the rules..

You are clearly as delusional as Pollard. He clearly doesn't care about anyone but himself. And it's a wonder why he's on the Ravens..

It really is amazing how you all think these guys just come out and say these things on their own. You do understand that they are responding to questions regarding to these things, right? I'm sure the question to Pollard was something along the lines of what do you think about the rule changes and has it changed your style of play and what do you think of Tom Brady?

These aren't just out of nowhere comments by Pollard or by Flacco earlier in the day.

A question for Pats fans along those lines: Do you actually believe Pollard's hit on Brady was "cheap"?

Um, yes. Yes I do. Watch Pollard's legs as he gets back up. He crouched and launched at Brady's knee. The fact that someone blocked him (barely) as he did so doesn't change what his intentions clearly were. I don't have a problem with any other Raven. They play hard and will be tough to beat on Sunday. But Pollard is a punk, and someday the way he plays will cost him dearly.

When is the last time you heard a Patriot be baited by a reporter's question? I'm waiting... I guess the Patriots organization is a bit of a tighter ship than the Ravens. The last time anyone said anything stupid was Welker's "foot" jokes, and he was benched to start that game. I haven't heard anything since.

Pollard is a grown man. He is responsible for what comes out of his mouth.

Let these guys talk to the press while the Pats are busy preparing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back