PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Watson, but he absolutely sucks with YAC. Goes down too easily for someone his size.

Ben Watson is a stud who will only get better.

As far as his speed, I don't know how anyone can question it considering that he outran Champa Bailey running diagonally across the field while Bailey was running straight down the field.

Hey Tight End is a tough position to learn. You gotta block, you gotta catch, gotta run. Thats why a great TE is so hard to find and why they are such incredible weapons.

He is coming along nicely. With Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, Faulk and Maroney there are only so many balls to go around.

I had been going to make a post earlier in the year about how it seemed Watson was never going to be that good a receiver, with all of his drops. Just seemed to me he didn't have that good of hands.

Then, I saw something recently, probably posted on this board, that he has a 70% catch rate - maybe 2nd best on the team and I think maybe the best was 73% (Welker ?). This catch rate is not an official stat but one done by one of the 'more meaningful stat' sites. But that says he is actually quite good. As is human nature, I probably remember moreso the drops than all of the clutch receptions and TD catches - lol.

Anybody got a reference for that 'stat' for this year for the Pats who have caught passes ?
...from another thread...

I like Watson, but this feels more like the conventional wisdom of 2 years ago.

Couldn't agree more. Watson, at this point, is what he is. A solid-ish, mildly disappointing TE who has the ability to flash some big plays on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft