PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Working On Greatest Coaching Masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this team gets to and wins the Super Bowl, this Patriots season should be up for consideration for greatest coaching acheivement of all time. Similarly this season should be the first season pointed to when discussing Brady as the GOAT, should that happen.

They are winning it bro. I would rather have this SB over 2007 and 2011. The mere adversity and it would really solidify both. And there wouldn't be any excuses, they won with rooks and jags. I think if they won in 2007 or 2011, people would say Tom had great weapons and try and lower the success.

I know I am being over the top optimistic, but I truly believe we win it all. But who knows, will find out February 2nd or earlier.

We have already seen what can happen when "ducks fall in a row" - we just haven't seen it happen for us as of yet.

It is coming. Gotta believe, and it will happen!!!

and Bill's friend and possible successor, Nick Saban.

I would be all for Nick Saban as a potential successor to Belichick when the time comes.

The problem with this thinking is that Nick Saban is older than Bill Belichick though, so that would likely be a barrier to the move.

For what it's worth---I think that Belichick enjoys coaching so much that he will likely be around another 5 yrs or so. Let's hope we can get 5 more out of both he and Brady, that would be incredible.

They are winning it bro. I would rather have this SB over 2007 and 2011. The mere adversity and it would really solidify both. And there wouldn't be any excuses, they won with rooks and jags. I think if they won in 2007 or 2011, people would say Tom had great weapons and try and lower the success.

I know I am being over the top optimistic, but I truly believe we win it all. But who knows, will find out February 2nd or earlier.

If we can get the W tomorrow (actually today now) vs Buffalo, our odds will shoot up nicely.

The main barrier would obviously be overcoming the likely trip to DEN for the conference championship, as beating them 2x this year + 3 in a row, will be quite a challenge. That home field advantage is definitely quite an obstacle.

I would be all for Nick Saban as a potential successor to Belichick when the time comes.

The problem with this thinking is that Nick Saban is older than Bill Belichick though, so that would likely be a barrier to the move.

For what it's worth---I think that Belichick enjoys coaching so much that he will likely be around another 5 yrs or so. Let's hope we can get 5 more out of both he and Brady, that would be incredible.

Yes, Saban is 62 now. I'd doubt that if in 4-5 years or so, the pats org will start new with a coach that is 67 yo.

I'd guess they might go with someone who is younger and beginning to make a name for them self now. But, those are sure going to be some shoes to fill.

If we can get the W tomorrow (actually today now) vs Buffalo, our odds will shoot up nicely.

The main barrier would obviously be overcoming the likely trip to DEN for the conference championship, as beating them 2x this year + 3 in a row, will be quite a challenge. That home field advantage is definitely quite an obstacle.

That is, of course, assuming that Manning doesn't revert to form. . . .

I thiink coach Belichick should definitely be in the discussion for coach of the year. This season has been his finest in my honest opinion. This team isn't that talented but somehow he's been able to cultivate and maximize that to get the best results possible.

11-4 didn't seem plausible after all this team has had to endure going into this season, and yet, here they are, still churning along the way. It's been a highly impressive coaching job done this season. Adam Schefter made a great point when siphoning through coach of the year candidates in a piece for ESPN:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I take issue with your statement that "this team isn't that talented" Belichick has done a masterful job of first assembling the talent with his erstwhile selected College & Pro scouts, and then manipulating over the injuries, with his chosen junior Coaches. Only Dante had much of independent coaching reputation before being chosen by Bill. But BB recognizes talent and doesn't mind sharing the credit.

Consider: The DL has or had 2 First Rounders in it; (Wilfork & Jones). The LBs has or had 2 First Rounders ( Mayo & Hightower); the secondary has 2 First Rounders, (Talib & McCourty).

On Offense, the OL has two First Rounders, (Solder & Mankins); The receivers has or had 1 First Rounder and a Second rounder, (Gronk & Dobson). Even the RBBC has a second and third rounder, plus a former 1000 yard rusher.

The team is hardly bereft of talent, as I haven't even mentioned all the other Probowlers and the GOAT QB TFB. There is plenty of talent, but the masterful job of harnessing it with his junior associates, and using it properly belongs to Bill Belichick. ;);)

I cast the first vote for Brady as the next HC and BB stays as GM until 70+. Brady plays five, then Asst HC for 2, then HC.

great job by the greatest coach of all time - but

if we had chad henne or geno smith, we probably are 5 win team at best.

at the end of the day you gotta have a QB in this league, and GOAT coach has GOAT QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents