PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick, Parcells, Kraft at Troy roast at Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troys catch down the stretch of Super Bowl Win #1 in 2001 is my greatest Patriots play ever. Oh ... Adam's kicks were terrific but Troy's play enabled the win in my book. It was not only a great catch but the extra yardage from the run put us in position to win the game.

I would be happy with one more year of Troy Brown. I don't want his last play in a Patriots uniform to be that botched punt return.

He actually had a nice PR for a substantial gain later in that game...

Steamer86 said:
Why don't we just bring back Bledsoe, to back up Brady...

Because in this system he couldn't do that better than Cassel or Gutierrez even before he retired...

Those of you who don't get it fail to grasp that if Troy earns a roster spot it will be because of versatility and the proven capacity to do SOMETHING at NFL speed at more that one position. Unless the player he bumps can do anything exponentially better at NFL speed it's at worst a wash.

I wish we had activated him for the SB. We won every SB we competed in when he led the team out of the tunnel. Maybe as a KR or 3RD option as a 3rd WR or the 6th DB he makes one play in that game that extends or ends a drive we ended up with regrets over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST