PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick and Pioli treading water since 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB and Pioli are the best in the business, but I'm getting a little sick and tired of hearing the "In Bill and Pioli I trust" mumbo jumbo. Fact is, we haven't hoisted a Lombardi since 2004 and Tom Brady has been in his prime the last 3 years. If we lose out on Moss, than once again we will be without a true #1 receiver in one of the prime years of Tom Brady's career. Maybe they have a plan B in the works with Cincinnati for Chad Johnson and that's why they are playing risky business with letting Moss test the waters. But if they don't, I'm sorry, that is simply not good business. It's one thing when you are winning Lombardi's, but we haven't done that in 3 years and it's looking like we will have a tough time doing that again next year. Sooner or later it is time to start openly questioning Bill and Pioli because their job is to win championships and not division titles. Like Vince Lombardi once said, 2nd place only means you are the 1st loser. I know the homers on this board will tell me to shut up and that's fine if it makes them feel better, but at least I'm a realist and I can see that this team has some serious question marks(secondary, linebackers, team speed, possibly WR if we lose Moss) and it's going to be awfully hard to fill these holes with rookies from a draft.

Are you kidding me? We haven't hoisted a Lombardi since 2004? Do you know how many fans of otherteams would KILL to say that? The Patriots are always competitive and they always have a "chance" (stealing Seau's line) at hoisting the Lombardi.

Are there some serios issues with this team right now? Hell yah. That said, I'll panic once the product on the field looks like crap - not what it looks like on paper.

Stupid, stupid move by Belichick. Foolish. I hope he got MF'ed by Kraft for that one. That draft pick would look real good right now.
I agree with some of what you wrote and disagree with other parts of it.

But to be clear, I was not blaiming SB 42 on the AV decision.

I am saying that how BB conducted himself put a fine point on his bad decision not to just pay AV. AV did NOT get huge dollars from Indy. SG is good, but they did not have SG when they let Adam go, and I just don't see why you would not stretch to keep a money kicker around.

And while SB 42 was not tied just to not having a better kicker, the fact remains that the Pats lost by 3 and it would have been more likely that BB would have kicked on 4th and 13 if he had Adam there. It's not a direct cause and effect calculus, but Adam would have made winning that game more likely.

And I thought letting him walk for less than a million dollars per season difference was dumb at the time, and I still think it was dumb.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bill Belichick.

Are you kidding me? We haven't hoisted a Lombardi since 2004? Do you know how many fans of otherteams would KILL to say that?

On the other hand, not a lot of fans would line up to say their team blew a 21-3 lead in a title game or blew a perfect season in the final minute of the Super Bowl.

Just a strange time being a Pats fan - they have done the incredible and now the incredible is being done to them. Can't really wrap my mind around it.

well, look on the bright side..intentional sarcasm...at least your glass is completely empty...perhaps you can keep busy by sweeping up all those pieces of fallen sky littering your property.

Give me a break. Don't jump off a bridge until it's august. Free agency has been open for a couple days, and as long as we still have our O-line and D-line who have been put together by Pioli and are unbelievable there is nothing wrong. You can't expect to go 16-0 every season.

That sort of expectation and attitude is why Gillette was so quiet when they weren't rubbing it in someone's face. The loudest I heard Gillette was when they were chanting guarantee well after the game was in hand, and when the crowd needed to be loud to help their team, they were dead silent. That pisses me off a great deal. The philly game was when it became obvious, but in the playoffs there was no crowd noise. I went to the monday night game against the ravens whose team was on a 9 game losing streak, and they were louder than any game at Gillette. Complacency will only leave you disappointed. Maybe the pats need a 9-7 season to make all the fans appreciate their team a little more.

Ya, no kidding 31 other teams want the same thing. Difference is those teams don't have Tom Brady and one of the best rosters in the NFL. We are right on the cusp and it's BB and Pioli's job to close the deal. It's about time they get it right this year. Time is ticking because we won't be this close forever.

No one bats 1.000, no matter how good they are. You're entire premise is so flawed, your thought processes so confusing, it really does behoove the rest of us to question just how old YOU are!

The Pats have gotten to the big dance with more consistency and with greater expectations than anyone else in the league since '01. No one's given their fan base more over this period of time than this team.

Without a doubt - you're just here to stir the pot, and as others have pointed out, given your posting history, you bring very little to the table on this forum.

I don't think anyone questions your passion, but your perceptions and sense of reality certainly are suspect. That's doubtless why you evoke the responses you do.

And I think you do so with this aim in mind deliberately.

Sorry. That's just the way people perceive it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back