Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick and Pioli treading water since 2004

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by National Sports Advisors, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think BB and Pioli are the best in the business, but I'm getting a little sick and tired of hearing the "In Bill and Pioli I trust" mumbo jumbo. Fact is, we haven't hoisted a Lombardi since 2004 and Tom Brady has been in his prime the last 3 years. If we lose out on Moss, than once again we will be without a true #1 receiver in one of the prime years of Tom Brady's career. Maybe they have a plan B in the works with Cincinnati for Chad Johnson and that's why they are playing risky business with letting Moss test the waters. But if they don't, I'm sorry, that is simply not good business. It's one thing when you are winning Lombardi's, but we haven't done that in 3 years and it's looking like we will have a tough time doing that again next year. Sooner or later it is time to start openly questioning Bill and Pioli because their job is to win championships and not division titles. Like Vince Lombardi once said, 2nd place only means you are the 1st loser. I know the homers on this board will tell me to shut up and that's fine if it makes them feel better, but at least I'm a realist and I can see that this team has some serious question marks(secondary, linebackers, team speed, possibly WR if we lose Moss) and it's going to be awfully hard to fill these holes with rookies from a draft.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

43-13 is treading water?
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 15 / -18

Dissatisfied with the recent 18-1 season and Super Bowl appearance?...well....C YA then....Falcons look good....
  4. jman924

jman924 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NSA making stupid threads since 2006.
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

*Gets popcorn ready*

This is going to be a 3+ page thread.
  6. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ummm, I'd rather be the Giants just like I'd rather be a Pats fan instead of a Rams fan in 2001. Buddy, it's about winning titles. I can care less about the overall record. Good lord!!!:rolleyes:
  7. jman924

jman924 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You were pissing and moaning before they even PLAYED the Super Bowl. Please, this act is getting old.
  8. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Nah. Resonable, open minded fans will not give you crap. I happen to agree. We reloaded after the AFCCG and got to within two and half minutes of another title (even with playing awful). I would expect the "greatest front office" to adjust again and fill the holes that prevented the 4th Lombardi from gracing the halls at Gillette. Instead, they let Asante leave (I am actually OK with that), have let Stallworth go, released Colvin and are now haggling with Moss over money. Believe me, you will see in a thread I created that Moss ought to take a deal with the Pats and be thankful, but the front office to me is starting to look inept.

I say bye-bye Randy. But, they had better have a plan to bring in an A-1 receiver as Chad Jackson has done nothing, Gaffney is not elite, neither is Washington. Our defense is going to be down two corners (Samuel and Gay) and the front office has certainly not addressed the linebacker and pass rush issue. It is frustrating. I do not expect them to sign every free agent for big money, but removing their thumb from their rears would be nice.
  9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

*yawn* another stupid thread
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

MORE idiotic BS from the loser who said that Maroney wasn't good.

You aren't a realist. You don't know what realism is. You've provedn you don't on numerous occasions.
  11. MrClutch

MrClutch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We've had a shot at the Superbowl almost each year, what more do you want? They've been close to winning it 2 times, chill out.
  12. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

And another thing. I wasted 10K to go to Arizona and see these guys pee all over themselves in the biggest game in franchise history with NFL immortality on the line. If you think any Pats fan should have been happy or proud walking out of that stadium that night with an 18-1 record than you are insane. Repeat after me..............CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE ALL THAT MATTER.
  13. DaBruinz

Ratings:
    +326 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

This is the epitome of FAIR WEATHER FAN. Friggin loser.
  14. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

i agree....kinda. their drafts have sucked the past couple of years. but last years free agency was the best of their regime, and i think we just need to see what happens this offseason before we write them off.
  15. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I want titles. The great thing about franchises like the Yankees and Celtics are that NOTHING matters except WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. That's what I want, especially when you blew two oppurtunities BIG TIME the last 2 years at Indy and against the Giants.
  16. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And this isn't even the worst thread on the forum.
  17. jman924

jman924 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maroney sucks.
    Seymour sucks.
    The front office sucks.

Everything you post sucks.
  18. National Sports Advisors

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Wow you need a hug. "Friggen Loser"? Oh boy, another internet tough guy. You are so pathetic with the insults. I feel sorry for you.
  19. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

no, its not. i hate how people on this board jump on people who dont agree with what the patriots do. he never said he would rather be A giants fan. he was saying that he'd rather be a fan of a team that wins a super bowl than a fan of a team that goes 18-1 and loses the super bowl. i think we can all agree on that.
  20. DaBruinz

Ratings:
    +326 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

While Championships matter, moron, losers like you are too ignorant to understand everything that goes into it.

Your stupidity about them "peeing all over themselves" is proof of that. You aren't a realist. As I said during the Maroney threads, you're clueless and don't know reality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.