PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears will have to make history to beat us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I posted this within another post but wanted to know if ANY NFL team has EVER won 3 CONSECUTIVE ROAD GAMES (in other words-Back to Back to Back games) in the REGULAR SEASON-NOT THE PLAYOFFS - I am using caps because some people do not understand my question,but as far as I know no NFL team has ever won all 3 consecutive road games so if I am right then the Bears would make history if they won and they would be the first ever to accomplish this...I am not sure but don't think it ever happened-Maybe the tiresome time on the road take their toll on players..This stat Bodes well for us if its correct,although maybe it would not count since the last 2 games were played in the same stadium (Giants/Jets - Meadowlands) but nevertheless it was an away game.

No - but it doesn't happen very often. But then again, three game road trips don't happen that often; there were just 11 such trips between 2001 and 2005. In the last 5 years, just one team has won all three, and they've done it twice. Jacksonville won three straight in 2001 - at Bengals, Browns and Vikings (which was pretty remarkable for a team who finished 6-10 that year), and again last year with wins at the Titans, Browns and Cardinals.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
No - but it doesn't happen very often. But then again, three game road trips don't happen that often; there were just 11 such trips between 2001 and 2005. In the last 5 years, just one team has won all three, and they've done it twice. Jacksonville won three straight in 2001 - at Bengals, Browns and Vikings (which was pretty remarkable for a team who finished 6-10 that year), and again last year with wins at the Titans, Browns and Cardinals.
Very good info and correct too...Thanks for replying..I guess it is not a major feat after all..Although for the Bears organization I guess it would be a record.

although maybe it would not count since the last 2 games were played in the same stadium (Giants/Jets - Meadowlands)

not sure why you would think it wouldn't count. It's not like the Bears stayed in New York between the 2 games, ran all their practices at NY City college and repainted the stadium to Saints colors or something. They had to lose a day flying back and forth to Chicago whether they played the 2nd in New York or Atlanta it was still a road trip in unfriendly territory.

* Sunday's game marks the Bears' third straight on the road. The Chicago Tribune, as part of a Bears notebook, passes along this stat: According to NFL.com, 93 teams since 1990 have had three consecutive road games on their schedules. Only 38.7 percent of those teams won the third game.

checkedout said:
* Sunday's game marks the Bears' third straight on the road. The Chicago Tribune, as part of a Bears notebook, passes along this stat: According to NFL.com, 93 teams since 1990 have had three consecutive road games on their schedules. Only 38.7 percent of those teams won the third game.

I saw that too, and concluded it's a pretty useless stat. Don't ALL ROAD TEAMS win about 38.7% of the time no matter how much they've been traveling lately?

waspie (UK) said:

So there's no purpose for this thread?:confused:

Good question. To shed light on the Bears perspective this was actually addressed yesterday on our main site:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=2703

I don't really see past stats of completely different teams/schedules/matchups more relevant than (poop)s & giggles.

Let's see some stats on how many teams have lost their 3rd home game in a row. Shouldn't be much different I'd imagine. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back