PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears will have to make history to beat us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I posted this within another post but wanted to know if ANY NFL team has EVER won 3 CONSECUTIVE ROAD GAMES (in other words-Back to Back to Back games) in the REGULAR SEASON-NOT THE PLAYOFFS - I am using caps because some people do not understand my question,but as far as I know no NFL team has ever won all 3 consecutive road games so if I am right then the Bears would make history if they won and they would be the first ever to accomplish this...I am not sure but don't think it ever happened-Maybe the tiresome time on the road take their toll on players..This stat Bodes well for us if its correct,although maybe it would not count since the last 2 games were played in the same stadium (Giants/Jets - Meadowlands) but nevertheless it was an away game.

No - but it doesn't happen very often. But then again, three game road trips don't happen that often; there were just 11 such trips between 2001 and 2005. In the last 5 years, just one team has won all three, and they've done it twice. Jacksonville won three straight in 2001 - at Bengals, Browns and Vikings (which was pretty remarkable for a team who finished 6-10 that year), and again last year with wins at the Titans, Browns and Cardinals.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
No - but it doesn't happen very often. But then again, three game road trips don't happen that often; there were just 11 such trips between 2001 and 2005. In the last 5 years, just one team has won all three, and they've done it twice. Jacksonville won three straight in 2001 - at Bengals, Browns and Vikings (which was pretty remarkable for a team who finished 6-10 that year), and again last year with wins at the Titans, Browns and Cardinals.
Very good info and correct too...Thanks for replying..I guess it is not a major feat after all..Although for the Bears organization I guess it would be a record.

although maybe it would not count since the last 2 games were played in the same stadium (Giants/Jets - Meadowlands)

not sure why you would think it wouldn't count. It's not like the Bears stayed in New York between the 2 games, ran all their practices at NY City college and repainted the stadium to Saints colors or something. They had to lose a day flying back and forth to Chicago whether they played the 2nd in New York or Atlanta it was still a road trip in unfriendly territory.

* Sunday's game marks the Bears' third straight on the road. The Chicago Tribune, as part of a Bears notebook, passes along this stat: According to NFL.com, 93 teams since 1990 have had three consecutive road games on their schedules. Only 38.7 percent of those teams won the third game.

checkedout said:
* Sunday's game marks the Bears' third straight on the road. The Chicago Tribune, as part of a Bears notebook, passes along this stat: According to NFL.com, 93 teams since 1990 have had three consecutive road games on their schedules. Only 38.7 percent of those teams won the third game.

I saw that too, and concluded it's a pretty useless stat. Don't ALL ROAD TEAMS win about 38.7% of the time no matter how much they've been traveling lately?

waspie (UK) said:

So there's no purpose for this thread?:confused:

Good question. To shed light on the Bears perspective this was actually addressed yesterday on our main site:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=2703

I don't really see past stats of completely different teams/schedules/matchups more relevant than (poop)s & giggles.

Let's see some stats on how many teams have lost their 3rd home game in a row. Shouldn't be much different I'd imagine. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back