PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-an eagle? Why does he pronounce his name like this?
Tried to find out and wikipedia had the following:
Since Eagle pronounces his first name "EYE-un" (instead of the more common "EE-an"), he has often admitted that life was easier prior to the 1986 release of the movie Iron Eagle. In fact, many callers (including prominent sports figures) continue to call him "Iron Eagle"—much to his chagrin.

@MikeReiss
Patriots had rookie RB David Fluellen (spent time with Eagles & Colts) & 3rd-year DE Scott Solomon (most recently with Bucs) in for tryouts.

This is not good for us. They're going to come here pissed off.
We're talking about a team led by Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall.

Best Bears vs Patriots moment in history Man I loved that 2006 team. Sucks refs stole a rematch with the Bears from us. I loved to re-watch that Chargers game someday.

bruschi on cutler

When I watch him play, I think he has an "arrogant arm": He can make any throw, and he knows it. That can lead to mistakes at times, because it almost looks like he thinks his arm can make up for any other deficiencies. For example, although he might be able to look off the safety, he might just throw it without doing so because of the belief that he can fit the ball into such a tight window. It doesn't matter if his footwork is bad, either; he'll still throw it. That's the impression I've received from him, and it shows up on the field consistently because of that rocket right arm.

B0qmQWgIUAEEntv.jpg

Last edited:
First home game i won't be at this year..i am 3-0 this year...uh oh!

I Hear Ya! I was supposed to go to Bengals Game that was a Classic couldn't do it but I'm Goin Sunday. Last year I went to Jets & Steelers at Gillette.

I Hear Ya! I was supposed to go to Bengals Game that was a Classic couldn't do it but I'm Goin Sunday. Last year I went to Jets & Steelers at Gillette.

First game this year?

What do we have to do to get you there either this week or next?

I will be at the Denver game at least so that's an automatic win. This week i have to work in AM...i know...

What do we have to do to get you there either this week or next?
Unless you call my boss and give him the run down :) then I can go this week!

I wish I kept a tally of their record since I have been going to games since '01 ish.

Not exactly a vote of confidence here....

Brian Urlacher on Cutler said:
Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL ... he just hasn't produced like an elite quarterback. You look at the [Tom] Bradys, the [Peyton] Mannings, the [Aaron] Rodgers, the [Drew] Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them. Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. Brady has no receivers. He wins.

I don't think Browner was as rusty as people are stating. I mean, he definitely needs to get back into "football shape", but that PI call was a travesty. There was just very physical play within 5 yards of the LOS. That's not PI.

yeah, I feel that the PI call was bad. They waited until the receiver didnt catch the ball after he slipped and then called it on Browner. AFTER browner was no where near the receiver.

i was surprised to hear he played 42 snaps since I didnt really notice him on the field other than those two PI. which is usually a good sign for a corner when you dont see them

I'll be watching who gets injured, every year its the same song as we lose important component, while Denver cruise unfazed. Interestingly the bear play better on the road than they do at home.

I want to see more 2 TE sets with Wright and Gronk..I think that can eat them alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes