PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see more 2 TE sets with Wright and Gronk..I think that can eat them alive.

I think everyone wants to see that except for whatever reasons McDaniels doesnt.

I think everyone wants to see that except for whatever reasons McDaniels doesnt.

Once Wright improves his blocking skills we will be able to run more 2TE sets. Until then you will mostly see it vs. base defenses where the mismatch is to our favor.

Once Wright improves his blocking skills we will be able to run more 2TE sets. Until then you will mostly see it vs. base defenses where the mismatch is to our favor

Can't be that much worse than hoohwhogivesacrap at blocking and he's more of a threat than Amendola at this point. McDaniels clearly prefers his guys. Which both those two are.

Once Wright improves his blocking skills we will be able to run more 2TE sets. Until then you will mostly see it vs. base defenses where the mismatch is to our favor.

This week it would be in our favor to run 2 TE sets I think. Attack the middle of field and seam with gronk and wright

We've only played 7 games, Gronk wasn't even 100 percent until what? 2 weeks ago? Do we even know for sure he is 100%? Tim Wright recently just got here and needed time to learn the basics of this offense. Plus, we have other people who needed to get going (like LaFell). Always have to love the people on this board who want to force balls to receivers for no good reason. Have you watched the last 3 games? It's pretty clear what they've been doing has been working.

We've only played 7 games, Gronk wasn't even 100 percent until what? 2 weeks ago? Do we even know for sure he is 100%? Tim Wright recently just got here and needed time to learn the basics of this offense. Plus, we have other people who needed to get going (like LaFell). Always have to love the people on this board who want to force balls to receivers for no good reason. Have you watched the last 3 games? It's pretty clear what they've been doing has been working.

I think wright has a pretty good understanding of the O by now. Was pretty good in some previous games

I think wright has a pretty good understanding of the O by now. Was pretty good in some previous games

I never said he doesn't at this point, I think he has been really good as of late for us. It's just funny to read this board and see how people cry about how we don't use the "2 TE set" ... we do use the "2 TE set", a lot more now compared to early season and there are obvious reasons for that (like gronk's health, like Tim Wrights understanding of the O at that point). The passing attack is the LAST thing people should be complaining about right now, it's like people here don't even watch the games. Let's talk about how we have absolutely 0 run game and got doubled on TOP @ home vs the Jests because we can't get off the field on defense and we can't pound the ball to control the clock.

edit: oh that's right, it's the day after Peyton Manning was on national TV. That's why the delusion is strong here.

Last edited:
I never said he doesn't at this point, I think he has been really good as of late for us. It's just funny to read this board and see how people cry about how we don't use the "2 TE set" ... we do use the "2 TE set", a lot more now compared to early season and there are obvious reasons for that (like gronk's health, like Tim Wrights understanding of the O at that point). The passing attack is the LAST thing people should be complaining about right now, it's like people here don't even watch the games. Let's talk about how we have absolutely 0 run game and got doubled on TOP @ home vs the Jests because we can't get off the field on defense and we can't pound the ball to control the clock.

Well last week the pats went against one of the top Ds in regards to stopping the run

Well last week the pats went against one of the top Ds in regards to stopping the run

I don't know about that, the chargers and broncos ran all over the Jets 2 weeks in a row leading up to our game. The only team who rushed for less vs the Jets this season were the Raiders. The stats are pretty misleading if you ask me

Mike Giardi says we will see wilfork as an end this week in a 4 man front

I don't know about that, the chargers and broncos ran all over the Jets 2 weeks in a row leading up to our game. The only team who rushed for less vs the Jets this season were the Raiders. The stats are pretty misleading if you ask me

Not when you know how tough those two teams play each other. Pats and Jets is always a dog fight. Yes they have to run the ball better...but usually have problems vs jets

Vereen gonna be out for this game? Wasn't spotted at practice.

Can't be that much worse than hoohwhogivesacrap at blocking and he's more of a threat than Amendola at this point. McDaniels clearly prefers his guys. Which both those two are.

Wright had more snaps than OHOH.

Wright had more snaps than OHOH.

Ya but it wasn't significantly more and 13 of his 20 came in the 2nd and 7 of those came on their first drive of the 3rd quarter.

I don't know maybe I just really want to see a 2-TE driven offense again now that Gronk is looking like Gronk these last 3 weeks, LaFell has started to pick up the offense and Edelman is Edelman. Need that 4th option, Dobson is clearly just not right from the foot injury right now, Tyms probably best suited as an occasional deep threat at this point, Amendola while that TD was nice to see it doesn't change anything. While Wright has looked pretty decent when he's gotten the chance.

46-10? Lol

Edit: Ha just saw the vid

The Jets have the 6th best run defense per DVOA and ypc. Their proficiency there - particularly compared to their abominable pass defense - is indisputable.

That said, I agree with your sentiments when it comes to the offensive coaching. NE obviously had some issues to start the season, but they've been excellent for the past three weeks, despite a patchwork OL for two of them. There really isn't much to complain about.

Really worried about our Pass rush. Cutler is good when he has time and a bunch of giants to throw the ball to. How do we get to him without leaving somebody like Bennet on Pat Chung 1 on 1. Who's watching forte out of the backfield if we're bringing heat? If we're not blitzing and cutler has all day to throw were in trouble. I think we might have to get into a shoutout and I'm not sure if we can make enough stops. Offensively if we don't kill ourselves getting behind the chains wth bad mistakes I think we'll be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: KA-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back