PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears are now expressing interest in trade for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Bears crumbling, paving way for Jimmy G?

The Bears have made the most sense from the beginning so this news is great to hear.

They have a great OL, a top RB, and Meredith/White/Miller. If Jimmy G goes there he'll succeed. They also have a good amount of defensive talent.

I'll be rooting for this move if Jimmy's dealt.

I have a feeling Jimmy G goes to Bears.

They will need to part with more than 2 2nd round picks.. If they don't want to trade there #3 pick away then the bears should trade down and make some magic happen. Because Cleveland has more draft capital than the bears.

The Jets....

giphy.gif

Yeah, like BB is gonna trade anybody worth jack-**** to the Jesters. If I were Woody and was able to swing the deal with BB, I'd CANCEL at the last minute because I would know BB knew something bad about JAG that I didnt!!

Jesters just need to plan on getting Romo and move out smartly. They have proven they are TOTALLY inept at either judging draft qb talent or developing that qb talent or more likely BOTH! They had 4 qbs and their owner (?coach) says their biggest hope of the Four cant hit the OCEAN with a pass from the beach. LOL.

wasn't too long ago when many were saying a 2nd rounder tops

I'm no draft expert, but I still wouldn't be surprised if that is all he fetched. Most of the trades we've seen have lower value picks than the Patsfans' collective would want.

...and as to draft capital, a team lacking a bit could raise their draft picks deal by adding in a young player BB likes. I'm sure the Pats have identified a plethora of young talent on all 31 teams that they covet, come FA or sooner say by trade for JAG.

Bears 1st round Pick and alshon Jeffery?

This is where I want to send Jimmy. It's where he should want to go.

Young star RB, up and coming defense, and an experienced HC? Not to mention he gets to play in his home state. I think it's a match made in heaven.

DO NOT send him to the Jets.

I'm no draft expert, but I still wouldn't be surprised if that is all he fetched. Most of the trades we've seen have lower value picks than the Patsfans' collective would want.

Nope. No way. They will not trade away jimmy G without getting a first rounder plus in my mind he's better than all these qbs coming out this year.

Jonathan Allen is tempting at #3. So is trading back though...

The Patriots won't take less than a first, and if is the second half of the first round I think they would ask for another pick, e.g..2018 4th.

Jonathan Allen is tempting at #3. So is trading back though...

I have seen some reports that he may be dropping due to injuries, the one i seen the most is he's had two shoulder injuries...

If the price is right I would trade to the Jets but they need to offer more than anyone else by a good margin.

If they traded him to the Jets that would tell me they don't view Jimmy as a legitimate, future star QB...

If they felt that way, there is no way they'd trade him to their most hated division rival.. unless it was something just absolutely insane like four 1st round picks or something

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
So once JAG is traded, is J.B. the backup for 2017? Or are we going for a Sanchez, Gabbert, McCoy level backup?

If they traded him to the Jets that would tell me they don't view Jimmy as a legitimate, future star QB...

If they felt that way, there is no way they'd trade him to their most hated division rival.. unless it was something just absolutely insane like four 1st round picks or something

IDK they traded Bledsoe to the Bills.

IDK they traded Bledsoe to the Bills.

true, but I don't think Bledsoe had much success against a BB defense.. he was a pretty immobile gunslinger that took a lot of chances.. even if Bledsoe played at an MVP level, he was old enough where it wouldn't haunt us for 10+ years the way Jimmy would lol

If Jimmy is the real deal and consistently plays the way we saw him in those first 6 quarters of the season, he would be a nightmare to play against for 10+ years in our own division.. especially after Brady retires.. ugh that would be rough losing a game to the Jets with Jimmy at QB.. <vomits>

So once JAG is traded, is J.B. the backup for 2017? Or are we going for a Sanchez, Gabbert, McCoy level backup?

They felt confortable enough with Brisette to have him start two games this year without a backup QB on the active 46 roster. The felt comfortable enough with Brisette to use their one IR-DTR slot on him as the number 3 QB. Why wouldn't they feel comfortable with him as number 2 next year, given that?

I'm sure they'll bring other guys in for competition, but their expectation would be Brisette winning the primary backup role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe