PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB rips Casserly

Status
Not open for further replies.
goto USERCP at the top left.

Click 'Edit Ignore List' on the left hand menu.

type 'Captain Stone' in the box, click OKAY.

Viola! No more RIDICULOUS posts. Gotta wonder why he's a fan, gotta be a troll from another team.

Hey, trooper.... thanks for the advice. It's done and done. :)

You mean QB signals? I don't get it.The guy was on the sideline with a tape recorder? Why? I'm assuming this is the QB at the LOS, because coaches relay their signals through a headset. So, what would the Patriots gain from a tape recorder when they can just get the audio from CBS? Makes no sense to me how you're matching that up with Spygate.

They were taping the signals as given from the sidelines and quickly going up to the scoreboard so they could match the time to the clock on the all-22 video.

The fact that they could do this from the stands but not from the sidelines makes it all the more bizarre.

The Panthers seem to have taken BB's comments at them personally. They have reeled off 3 wins in a row since BB said "they haven't won many games"

The Panthers seem to have taken BB's comments at them personally. They have reeled off 3 wins in a row since BB said "they haven't won many games"

Soooo, we should expect Casserly to start getting things right now? :D

I don't hate Casserly, and he is wrong alot. However, I don't mind as much that he's wrong alot, as I mind the fact that he speaks like he has some internal insight, and then is wrong.

Does that make sense? He speaks a good game, but doesn't ever seem to have connections, to find out the real scoop.

Charlie Casserly -- not on the Christmas card list - Projo Pats Blog

So Bill had been warned, at least once, in 2006 not to tape opponent's signals; and in his stubborn, arrogant, egomaniacal hubris, he tapes opponent's signals on the very 1st game of the following season, without apparently seeking clarification on what can & cannot be taped without permission.

Thanks for costing us a championship & a 1st-round draft pick, "genius"(snicker).

Did BB personally wrong you sometime throughout your life? Your personal distaste for the man is absurd. You're one of those arrogant fools who looks back with 20-20 hindsight and says what should have been done.

All you can ask for is to be in contention each year. And that's exactly what we have been and are. You are always going to have injuries, fluke plays, missed opportunities, blown calls, bad decisions. It's a part of life and the game of football.

If you look at how successful we have been, it is truly outstanding. Won the Super Bowl in 01, 03, 04. 05 we lay an egg against Denver with bad turnovers and sloppy play even though we outgained them in offense like 400 to 200 and still had a chance to win even though we played like garbage. 06 we upset the Chargers in their stadium, go to Indy and dominate and are a few plays away from going to the Super Bowl again where we would've killed the Bears. 07 we go undefeated and although we don't play well in the Super Bowl, we play well enough to win. But a few freak things that you will never see happen again happened and we lose. 08 our star QB goes down and we go 11-5 but don't make the playoffs.

We have been in contention every year, even in 2002 where if the Jets had lost to Green Bay we would've snuck into the playoffs. At least 25 of the other teams in the NFL would DIE to have the kind of success we've had. It's not easy to make the playoffs every year. The #1 and #2 seeds in the AFC and NFC are BOTH SITTING HOME THIS YEAR! Tenn, Pitt and NYG, Carolina all missed the dance this season.

What Belichick and his staff have been able to do is remarkable. Being in contention is all you can ask for. Each year different obstacles and situations present themselves, some that you can control and some that you can't. We've all been spoiled. We all had a feeling this team with Brady back at the helm would return close to 2007 form and be 14-2 or 13-3 and dominate. This year has been a turnover year for us and we have still made the playoffs. We've seen numerous leaders and great players on our defense retire or be traded, and a bunch of new faces step in. The defense is very young. Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take time to build this team back up to being elite, but having BB and his staff, that should be a rather quick process.

To be able to be the #3 seed in a transformation year with a ton of turnover and a banged up QB is pretty remarkable to me. Yes we've made some bad decisions, but we're still in the playoffs and have as good of a shot as anyone to make a SB run. Wasn't that the goal at the beginning of the season?

Last edited:
Casserly on many occasions has seemd to have a hard on for the Pats/BB.
I think is one of the idiots to lead the charge the the Colts were robbed in '03 with non calls, by pointing out the few non calls made that could have gone against the Pats, but neglected the equal amount of non calls that could have gone against the Colts. The thing that would piss me off if I was BB is that this information could potentially harm TB. Granted players on the Ravens D would always be going after him, but would it be worth a fifteen yard penalty to try and take him out of the game? As unlikely as it seems, I would be offended and protective of my QB if I was BB. Also would Casserly be toughting this info if it was Manning? To someone who has an adversarial relationship with Casserly it could sound like he's inviting someone to hurt Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes