PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: On Jags...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This train has no room for nervous nellys ... :p

Football is all about confidence, especially from the fans... The players on the field always get confidence from the confident cheers of the fans...

Sure, there will be a few tough plays and we may even be down, as in the Giants game... However, the Pats fight to the last minute and don't give up.. that's why they win games in the 4th quarter, when it all comes down to the last play of the game...

At the Giants game, I was there, surrounded by a sea of Giants fans.... Our shouts were drowned by the roar of the Giants fans whenever their team scored... However, we still shouted till our lungs were hoarse and although we were only few (outnumbered 3 to 1 by the Giants fans), we made a lot of noise, enough to be heard by our players on the field....

I'm going to this Jags game and am going to enjoy every minute... I hope it's not a blowout.... Pats leading 48-0 at half time...

Last edited:
Anytime I get nervous about a game I look at a picture of Tommy...

Seriously, it calms me down.

I appreciate BBs kind words about the Jags, but I still have a kind of grudge against him. I am a Brown's fan primarily (Jax is my second favorite team), and I always wonder why he couldn't do in Cleveland what he he has done in New England. It is unbearably frustrating. I guess it boils down to 2 reasons: He is more experienced now, and he has much better players than he did in Cleveland. He has done miracles for the Pats--the 16-0 season he has put together this year is simply incredible. I wish I could saying good luck to New England, but I hope fervently the Jags prevail.

The jags are a good team , first team to beat steelers twice in the same season .

/Currently Active Users: 1084 (214 members and 870 guests)
Do you know what it means ? :bricks:

Internet 'Night of the living Dead" invasion of Jags fans?

Last edited:
Belichick is awesome. Brilliantly rolling through possibilities like a grandmaster in chess, and showing the utmost respect for the enemy. If he didn't show such respect, the Pats wouldn't be 16-0. I love how he diplomatically justifies focusing on the Jaguars: not because SD will beat the Titans, but because he has seen the other teams already. Brilliant strategy.

But the fans, in the stadium, should show no such respect. Confidence, decibel blasting confidence should be coming out of your mouths. I'll be holding up a sign that says "Real Pats fans make NOISE" on all of Jacksonville's key offensive possessions.

The funniest part is how we're supposed to believe that all these "GoGoPatsROCK!" types who are registering and starting to post just now are actually Pats fans.

The funniest part is how we're supposed to believe that all these "GoGoPatsROCK!" types who are registering and starting to post just now are actually Pats fans.

I'm quite impressed that you've been here since October 2007. The two plus months of posting here give you a seniority of fanship that everyone here should bow to.

Thanks for the nice welcome though, dirtmunch. You must be from Connecticut.

:explative

Go over to the Yahoo Patriots forum, which has become infested with trolls to see why I decided to come over here.

Last edited:
dude, I think what he's saying is that other teams' trolls come in here and reg as pats fans.

What amazes me is that Belichick is able to say the same BS about the opponent every week in a monotone and with a straight face. I am sure he and Brady are quaking over the match up.

I appreciate BBs kind words about the Jags, but I still have a kind of grudge against him. I am a Brown's fan primarily (Jax is my second favorite team), and I always wonder why he couldn't do in Cleveland what he he has done in New England. It is unbearably frustrating. I guess it boils down to 2 reasons: He is more experienced now, and he has much better players than he did in Cleveland. He has done miracles for the Pats--the 16-0 season he has put together this year is simply incredible. I wish I could saying good luck to New England, but I hope fervently the Jags prevail.

1 word--ownership.

Going back to 01;
In NE, he had
1. More experience coaching
2. An ownership that wasn't about to move of town
3. A great player personel guy
4. Great OC & DC
5. a QB who was at the start of the greatest career in nfl history
Its not like he was slacking off in Cleveland. Why hold a grudge against him?

Last edited:

The differnce is Tom Brady...Players not plays win games

The differnce is Tom Brady...Players not plays win games

I love Tom more than anyone, but if you think the only reason for all this success is Tom, you couldn't be more wrong.

Tell me...who was the coach of the Browns the last time they won a playoff game? BB was just turning the corner with that team, and Modell skipped town with it.

I love Tom more than anyone, but if you think the only reason for all this success is Tom, you couldn't be more wrong.

Tell me BB's record at new England before Tom Brady? his job was on the line.. A hall of fame Quarterback does wonders for any coach..I respect what BB has achieved, but it couldnt be achieved without Tom Brady.

Tell me BB's record at new England before Tom Brady? his job was on the line.. A hall of fame Quarterback does wonders for any coach..I respect what BB has achieved, but it couldnt be achieved without Tom Brady.

Answer the question above, who was the last coach to take the Browns to the playoffs? You do realize BB has game plans for the Giants Super Bowl in the HOF, don't you?

You want BB's record before Tom with a team he did not assemble? That doesn't seem right. Even then, he took them to a Super Bowl and won it.

If all of this success is attributed to just Tom, explain to me why Peyton only has 1 Super Bowl that was gifted to him? Tom is phenomenal, no question. But to say everything is solely because of him, is well, stupid.

Answer the question above, who was the last coach to take the Browns to the playoffs? You do realize BB has game plans for the Giants Super Bowl in the HOF, don't you?

You want BB's record before Tom with a team he did not assemble? That doesn't seem right. Even then, he took them to a Super Bowl and won it.

If all of this success is attributed to just Tom, explain to me why Peyton only has 1 Super Bowl that was gifted to him? Tom is phenomenal, no question. But to say everything is solely because of him, is well, stupid.

Im not saying that BB hasnt got the best out of what he has at his disposal...he most certainly has. But the best coaches always have the best quarterbacks. Tom Brady is more important to the team than BB

Im not saying that BB hasnt got the best out of what he has at his disposal...he most certainly has. But the best coaches always have the best quarterbacks. Tom Brady is more important to the team than BB

There's no way to know, they've never not had each other during this run. God willing, they never will.

When I said I hold a "grudge" against BB, I didn't mean I actually dislike him in any personal way. I just meant that an obviously brilliant coach couldn't do for my team what he did for yours, and it smarts. I know he did his best when he was there. As far as the team's move to Baltimore is concerned, no one knew that was going to happen until BBs final year there, and I certainly don't blame him for the lack of success then--no one could have done better in those terrible circumstances. But except for the playoff year, he did very little even before that. Brady's emergence is perhaps the single greatest factor (but not the only) that have made the Pats such a great team. You have to admit, no one knew when he was drafted how great a player he really was so there was an element of luck there. It reminds me of Marino in Miami. Nevertheless, you have a great team, and my hat's off to you for that. The acquisition of Moss was a brilliant move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back