PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just got back from the BB lecture in CT. What a long day, so this will be brief for now. HC and I got a chance to meet Bill and I have to say that he is more handsome in person! We got a few minutes to chat with him. The lecture was fantastic! He was funny, sincere and did some film breakdowns. I taped the whole thing so I will try to get more up tomorrow when I get home from work. Anyone who wants more info during the day today email me at my yahoo address and I will fill you in. He really is a great man and I feel very blessed to have gotten the chance to meet him!

More later.......

Bill's Girl said:
Anyone who wants more info during the day today email me at my yahoo address and I will fill you in. He really is a great man and I feel very blessed to have gotten the chance to meet him!
Email-me-shmemail-me :cool: Fill us all in when you get time, you lucky bastigette.

He did a good job, did not know what to expect, however he was entertaining and insightful..particularly liked his film stuff and this is obvious what he is most comfortable with. How did you get a chance to meet him?? Somehow I missed that opportunity?? Interesting he was part of the same series to speakers that included Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Guliani, the Reeves and a bunch of others, did not get that connection..but who cares about that.

GJAJ15 said:
He did a good job, did not know what to expect, however he was entertaining and insightful..particularly liked his film stuff and this is obvious what he is most comfortable with. How did you get a chance to meet him?? Somehow I missed that opportunity?? Interesting he was part of the same series to speakers that included Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Guliani, the Reeves and a bunch of others, did not get that connection..but who cares about that.

The film breakdown was my favorite part too!! HC and I went to a reception prior to the lecture and he came in for about an hour and took pictures which they will mail to us.

When it was our turn, HC went to his left and I went around to his right and he says to us," Where do you want me, in the middle?" Classic!!!

It turned out to be about a two and half hour ride on the way down, but we stopped to tour the Wesleyan campus. It was off of 91 South so it was on the way. The campus is great, very New England, the exit for New Haven was 6 exits or so south of the campus.

During the lecture, BB was very funny! One little boy in a Brady jersey asked him if it was bad that AV left and Bill laughed and said, "I did not hear the question." The little boy did not realize he was kidding and asked it again but louder into the microphone! BB talked about change in every organization in response.

The ride home was longer, we sat in traffic in the parking lot for a while.....it felt like being at Gillette! I dropped HC off around midnight and I got home around 1230am or so!

Like I said, I taped it with an audio recorder and I will try to post some of it when I get home tonight! He really was fantastic. So, for all of the Bill bashers who say that he is boring or grumpy or rude, I now have solid proof to refute all of that. Of course this means that I will be an even bigger Bill defender than I was in the past!

Thanks for an amazing night, Coach!

I was there, too. I was kinda bummed about the tech problems with the monitors, though. But he had some very cool stories, and just seems like a bright and humble guy. Just what you'd probably expect.

Hey Bill's Girl - were you the girl that stood up and asked for Beli's feelings about female players? J/K, but I thought that was a strange thing to ask Bill Belichick. I was about to ask him how he felt about his assistants leaving, but some dude beat me to it. Then I wanted to ask about the intentional safety in Denver, but it was over.

One quote that kinda stuck with me - "In New England, one of the things we like to say is 'There's no 'I' in TEAM, but there is an 'I' in WIN - and that 'I' stands for 'Individual Performance'." He called out #37 as the culprit in a long touchdown pass Gay gave up to (Denver ?). Rodney was supposed to blitz, and the review showed he would have gotten in clean and prevented the long gain at least. It was a cool way to illustrate how the unit depends on individual performance to be successful. Gay took the heat, but Rodney admitted the mistake after the game.

It was fun, he talked for about an hour, mentioned Andruzzi (SCSU alumn), Bruschi, Flutie's drop kick, and Bon Jovi (after being asked), among others. Some goof stood up and asked him how much money he would have to raise in order to get Beli to stop wearing the grey hoodie. I swear to god, before the guy even finished his sentence Beli snapped "it's not gonna happen". The place went nuts. I booed the guy, somebody else did, too.

The hall was smaller than I expected, which was great. Me and my friend walked aound the back of the building afterwards to get back to the lot and we ran into Beli walking out of the building and getting into the sweetest stretch limo I have ever seen. I made eye contact with him from about 10 feet away, but he was off like a shot before I could shake his hand and pay my respects. The guy always looks nervous to me. He's a little dude, too, but you'd never know it when he's standing next to Kraft.

Really it was a great time, especially for 15 bucks! Later-

That's great stuff!

Funny how several of us got this close contact with some Pats brass this week.

Patjew said:
Yeah, real funny for those of us thousands of miles away :p

Bill's Girl, I can't WAIT to see the pictures! How exciting! And more stories! I can't believe how lucky you are!

so glad he didn't disappoint. can't wait for more info.

Bill's Girl said:
Hi Everyone!

I just got back from the BB lecture in CT. What a long day, so this will be brief for now. HC and I got a chance to meet Bill and I have to say that he is more handsome in person! We got a few minutes to chat with him. The lecture was fantastic! He was funny, sincere and did some film breakdowns. I taped the whole thing so I will try to get more up tomorrow when I get home from work. Anyone who wants more info during the day today email me at my yahoo address and I will fill you in. He really is a great man and I feel very blessed to have gotten the chance to meet him!

More later.......

Sounds as if you had an amazing night. It's even more amazing that you and HC didn't get arrested.

where in the world?

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, real funny for those of us thousands of miles away :p
i hope some of us got to meet each other.
FYI, i was the guy who asked BB the question about "men's fashions".
glad it was worth the drive.

ilduce06410 said:
i hope some of us got to meet each other.
FYI, i was the guy who asked BB the question about "men's fashions".
glad it was worth the drive.

I was the guy that booed you!

Patjew said:
That's great stuff!

Yea, real funny, you bastard. I haven't forgiven you.:D

charity would be better

bort said:
I was the guy that booed you!
i shoulda asked him to raffle that rag for charity.
am sure there'd be a 7-figure bid for it.
much better idea than burning.

perfect

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:rofl: @ bort & ilduce

Classic.
just shows the "diversity of thought" among patsfans.

I was there too. I really liked the part where he had the film up, even if there were severe technical difficulties. The part in the Q&A where the little boy asked about AV was pretty funny. I'd heard a lot of the stuff he had said before, but I really liked the little acronym he talked about - PAT (Preparation, attitude (leadership), and teamwork).

BB was wearing blue shorts (with "BB" embroidered on them!) and a blue sweat shirt when I saw him Monday. As he was leaving he made a joke about being sorry that his gray sweatshirt was dirty. He is well aware of the talk about that darn shirt.

bort said:
I was there, too. I was kinda bummed about the tech problems with the monitors, though. But he had some very cool stories, and just seems like a bright and humble guy. Just what you'd probably expect.

Hey Bill's Girl - were you the girl that stood up and asked for Beli's feelings about female players? J/K, but I thought that was a strange thing to ask Bill Belichick. I was about to ask him how he felt about his assistants leaving, but some dude beat me to it. Then I wanted to ask about the intentional safety in Denver, but it was over.

One quote that kinda stuck with me - "In New England, one of the things we like to say is 'There's no 'I' in TEAM, but there is an 'I' in WIN - and that 'I' stands for 'Individual Performance'." He called out #37 as the culprit in a long touchdown pass Gay gave up to (Denver ?). Rodney was supposed to blitz, and the review showed he would have gotten in clean and prevented the long gain at least. It was a cool way to illustrate how the unit depends on individual performance to be successful. Gay took the heat, but Rodney admitted the mistake after the game.

It was fun, he talked for about an hour, mentioned Andruzzi (SCSU alumn), Bruschi, Flutie's drop kick, and Bon Jovi (after being asked), among others. Some goof stood up and asked him how much money he would have to raise in order to get Beli to stop wearing the grey hoodie. I swear to god, before the guy even finished his sentence Beli snapped "it's not gonna happen". The place went nuts. I booed the guy, somebody else did, too.

The hall was smaller than I expected, which was great. Me and my friend walked aound the back of the building afterwards to get back to the lot and we ran into Beli walking out of the building and getting into the sweetest stretch limo I have ever seen. I made eye contact with him from about 10 feet away, but he was off like a shot before I could shake his hand and pay my respects. The guy always looks nervous to me. He's a little dude, too, but you'd never know it when he's standing next to Kraft.

Really it was a great time, especially for 15 bucks! Later-

No, that was not me that asked that question, but that girl was standing about 10 feet behind where our seats were.

His white limo pulled out in front of the bus HC and I were riding in on the way back to the parking lot.

He must have met 100+ people at the reception and he was smiling and laughing. There was nothing nervous about him when I met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft