PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very good synopsis of what occured at the Lyman Center..

Last edited:
When our turn came to take a picture with Bill.... I walked up to him, his hand was already out and I took it in mine and looked up into those georgeous blue eyes and said, "it's really nice to meet you." He said it was really nice to meet me, too! Then I asked him if it was okay for BG and I to take a pic with him together....and he said, "Sure, do you want me in the middle?"
I'm sure one of us said.....yeah, that's fine (but in my head I was thinking.....sure, in the middle - on the bottom - on top....whatever :p ).

BG accused me of having BB in a Death Grip, which of course isn't true. ;)
However, the boob-sandwich might be a bit more accurate!!!!!!!
I guess we'll have to wait and see the picture!!!!

But seriously, Bill Belichick is the most gracious and sweet man I've ever met. He absolutely exceeded my expectations! He's a wonderful speaker, he has a very dry sense of humor that I enjoyed tremendously and he's just an all around very special man. I'm just so grateful that I got to meet him in person.... (I hope it's not the last time..... ;) )

PATSNUTme said:
How many days, months, years will it take before BG & HC wash the hand that shook BB's hand?:D

HAHA! Actually before the lecture HC and I went to the ladies room, so I hope you bet the under......

HugeCrushOnBB said:
When our turn came to take a picture with Bill.... I walked up to him, his hand was already out and I took it in mine and looked up into those georgeous blue eyes and said, "it's really nice to meet you." He said it was really nice to meet me, too! Then I asked him if it was okay for BG and I to take a pic with him together....and he said, "Sure, do you want me in the middle?"
I'm sure one of us said.....yeah, that's fine (but in my head I was thinking.....sure, in the middle - on the bottom - on top....whatever :p ).

But seriously, Bill Belichick is the most gracious and sweet man I've ever met. He absolutely exceeded my expectations! He's a wonderful speaker, he has a very dry sense of humor that I enjoyed tremendously and he's just an all around very special man. I'm just so grateful that I got to meet him in person.... (I hope it's not the last time..... ;) )

My impression has always been that he's just a real solid person, doesn't tolerate the bs, nor throw any of it himself, (except maybe at his favorite media guys). Thanks for sharing your experience.....I'm soooooo jealous!!! :cool:

HugeCrushOnBB said:

You and BG in a BB sandwhich. I"ve got to see that pic's.:rofl:

HugeCrushOnBB said:

I've tried to re-read this post like three times, and keep getting distracted at the "boob-sandwich" part. :(

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I've tried to re-read this post like three times, and keep getting distracted at the "boob-sandwich" part. :(

That part had nothing to do with me.....it involved Bill's left arm and HC. He had his hands together in front of him and I was on his right with my left shoulder against his arm.

Bill's Girl said:
That part had nothing to do with me.....it involved Bill's left arm and HC. He had his hands together in front of him and I was on his right with my left shoulder against his arm.
Shhhh shhhhh..... don't fricken ruin it for me!! :eek:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Shhhh shhhhh..... don't fricken ruin it for me!! :eek:

What she meant is that his left arm was in the middle of the sandwich if you get my drift.......

HugeCrushOnBB said:

It's a good thing I didn't go. I think you were very well behaved. I probably would have wrestled him to the ground an planted a big wet one on him.:eek:

If I may say so, you did the Choir proud.

The blog mentioned a point about how he learned to hold Captain's meetings, improving on what he had done in Cleveland. Which of you attending recall that part of his talk?

Box_O_Rocks said:
The blog mentioned a point about how he learned to hold Captain's meetings, improving on what he had done in Cleveland. Which of you attending recall that part of his talk?

I do......give me a bit and I will post the quote. I have to find it on the tape!

He said, "One of the things that has been helpful for me in New England, and this is something that I didn't do in Cleveland, and I would have been better off doing it there is to have a meeting with our captains. We meet every week on Fridays and we come in and I talk to the captains about things that are going on with the team, things that are going on about the game, things that are leading up to that week that are important, you know in terms of football, because we don't talk about things that don't help us win."

Last edited:
Hoodie said:
It's a good thing I didn't go. I think you were very well behaved. I probably would have wrestled him to the ground an planted a big wet one on him.:eek:

If I may say so, you did the Choir proud.

Thanks Hoodie!!!

But while I did have his attention for a split second.......I wanted to demonstrate this new full body tackle I came up with (to help the Pats of course)......:p......but unfortunately the time schedule didn't permit it!

Bill's Girl said:
What she meant is that his left arm was in the middle of the sandwich if you get my drift.......

BB was probably thinking on how to make them more productive. :rocker:

PATSNUTme said:
BB was probably thinking on how to make them more productive. :rocker:

:rofl:

Leave it to BB to put everything into a "football context." :cool:

So when do we see the picture? I'm assuming you will post the photo for us?

vapatsfan said:
So when do we see the picture? I'm assuming you will post the photo for us?

They will be mailing it to us. The woman I spoke with said we would get it in about two weeks.

Bill's Girl said:
They will be mailing it to us. The woman I spoke with said we would get it in about two weeks.

Are they from different angles??:rofl:

PATSNUTme said:
Are they from different angles??:rofl:

Just one, straight on.......

I am starting to get a little upset that one of the most important moments of my life is being turned into tawdry fodder! I was nothing but respectful to the coach....

Bill's Girl said:
Just one, straight on.......

I am starting to get a little upset that one of the most important moments of my life is being turned into tawdry fodder! I was nothing but respectful to the coach....
I am sure many are just kidding..I am sure it was a great moment..I wish I could have attended..sounds really GREAT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots