PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB is looking at some more D backs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just say no to Schulters. Remember the 2003 regular season game vs. Tennessee? Brown had a long TD, matched up against Schulters. In the playoff game that year, the Pats picked on him again on that long TD to Bethel. Just like the Pats, teams *will* actively work to isolate him in coverage. He's Terrell Buckley at this point...plays well if the play is in front of him, but watch out if he has to turn his hips.

Regards,
Chris

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Just say no to Schulters. Remember the 2003 regular season game vs. Tennessee? Brown had a long TD, matched up against Schulters. In the playoff game that year, the Pats picked on him again on that long TD to Bethel. Just like the Pats, teams *will* actively work to isolate him in coverage. He's Terrell Buckley at this point...plays well if the play is in front of him, but watch out if he has to turn his hips.

Rodney Harrison couldn't cover Bethel Johnson and Troy Brown past 5 yards either. The problem is they don't have anyone well-suited to playing SS after Rodney if Sanders is down now that Mitchell and Tebucky are done for the year. Don Davis is good for a few plays a game but all day at SS for him scares me.

Between Eugene Wilson, Chad Scott, Randall Gay, Willie Andrews and a healthy Hawkins the Patriots at least have options at FS, guys you would expect could at least be within 5 yards of the typical 3rd or 4th receiver in the league.

didnt Freeman play alright when filledi n1 game but then got cut?

fnordcircle said:
Rodney Harrison couldn't cover Bethel Johnson and Troy Brown past 5 yards either. The problem is they don't have anyone well-suited to playing SS after Rodney if Sanders is down now that Mitchell and Tebucky are done for the year. Don Davis is good for a few plays a game but all day at SS for him scares me.

Between Eugene Wilson, Chad Scott, Randall Gay, Willie Andrews and a healthy Hawkins the Patriots at least have options at FS, guys you would expect could at least be within 5 yards of the typical 3rd or 4th receiver in the league.
Hawkins at SS will put his nose into the line without hesitation. Hopefully he and Sanders will heal up and be back soon. Eric Alexander is a former SS.

I sincerely hope their is nothing wrong with Hawkins or Sanders and this is just a move to build up some depth that was lost when Jones and Mitchell went down.

Remix 6 said:
Apparently not if he was cut. I believe is with another club now anyway.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Apparently not if he was cut. I believe is with another club now anyway.

i could of sworn people were suprised by the cut..and plus being cut doesnt neccesarily mean hes bad..we CUT willie :\

Remix 6 said:

He made a coverage error that allowed Moulds to score a wide open TD. Clearly Hawkins did a much better job.

Remix 6 said:
we CUT willie :\
Not midseason at a position badly in need of depth.

Thanks to Mister Coffee for that very interesting info ... which justifies the muted advertisement.

CaffeineMan said:
Keion Carpenter (age 29):

"At safety, the Falcons had two starters who were strong in pass coverage but none that could play the run; by swapping out Keion Carpenter for Lawyer Milloy, they get to have one of each." -- PFP2006

Connoisseurs of irony would enjoy ...
Milloy replacing Carpenter in Atlanta
while, here ... oh, you know.

We weren't particularly deep at safety to begin with so even if Hawkins and Sanders are fine I wouldn't mind adding one of these guys.

If Sanders is out for an extended period, I would like to see the FO persue an in-the-box, SS-type to give Rodney some much-needed rest. Some available SSs, according to KFFL and Scout.com, are:

Marques Anderson
Deke Cooper
Antuan Edwards - he was in TC in '05, so he should remember some things
Ronnie Heard
Scott McGarrahan
Willie Offord
Ifeanyi Ohalete

No all-stars on this list, but when you need to shop for groceries late at night, sometimes the pickings are slim.

Apologies, didn't mean for that to seem like an advertisement. I'm not associated with the PFP/FO guys in any way, just a big fan of their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News