PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Balanced Attack Will Not Work...We Need To Pass More.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but is he the ONLY one responsible?......
No, sweetie, you can pin a little bit of the blame on your pal if you like.

Why not? I think it might be time to go back to the "dink and dunk" days. Our receivers can't get open down the field and we can't run the ball with consistent success. I say go back to the 1- to 5-yard pass patterns and matriculate that ball down the field, boys.

Usually, I'm not the Language Police on a "for fun" sports message board but I have to be in this case.

Matriculate means to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree. I've heard professional football players, sports analysts and the laughing hyenas on WEEI and ESPN use this word wrong. The word sounds like it should mean "methodically move" but it doesn't.

English is a great language. It's even greater when used properly. :D

In a way ... I think today's Miami loss will prove once and for all to Belichick that his stubborness with a balanced attack is futile. Time to go 3 and 4 wide...I mean why not, they're going to blitz Brady anyways...might as well let them pay.

I feel that by playing the 2 TE set to protect Brady all we are doing is making it harder for him to find an open WR. All those players stacked on the line is also hampering the run.

I'm not advocating 80% passing like the old dink and dunk days ... but 70/30 favoring the pass should be minimal. We have a HOF QB handing the ball off way too much for the players that we have. Give Dillon and Maroney a spread out or 3-man front to run on instead of the 5 and 6 wide DL they are staring at... time to let all hell break loose and we'll keep them honest with the run.

let's let Brady do what Brady does best ... out of the shotgun if need be.

Rant over .... we have the playoffs ahead...Charlie Weiss never ran the ball this much ... and now is not the time to stick with a broken engine.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong ... check out our running numbers against poor run defenses ... we sucked compared to other teams. Teams are producing 2X the yardage we did against those teams...we can fix our run attack in the spring and summer.

Ahh yes F.B.N. .... you had this one nailed!!!

Your post makes a lot of sense, and it should be tried, because one never knows if something will work, or wont work, if stubborness doesnt allow you to try it.
:D

NEM ... 2 old forum veterans like us ... nice to see McDaniels reads the forum and takes our advice. :eat3:

NEM ... 2 old forum veterans like us ... nice to see McDaniels reads the forum and takes our advice. :eat3:

I read this post and saw it was posted after the on 12/11. I agree with the spread formation and the last two weeks shows it works.

It was interesting to have them put dan graham wide a few times.

I like running out of the spread formation too.

What we didn't see was maroney and faulk out of the backfield together w/brady in the shotgun.

it's funny how the offense changes so radically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft