PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B-more or Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok - Hear me out.

Chiefs may struggle with Greenbay and Minnesota coming up and with no Mahomes for a few weeks, they could lose both of those games. Not saying they are totally out of the picture but they have some issues and need to win as they are already 2 games back.

Texans look good but lost to the Colts today. But still could be a good team when we play them. Its been pretty close the last few games.

Baltimore just went into Seattle and throttled them, offensively and defensively. Jackson is a beast. This is not the same guy from last season who everyone said couldn't throw the ball. He can. He's even more dangerous cause he can fly and make HUGE plays with his legs as well.

The Colts have gotten a lot better with the defense and Brissett is playing pretty well if I may say so myself. They have a good running game, decent passing game and good defense. They can chew away clock and keep opposing Qbs off the field.

I have to say I would fear Baltimore the most.

Thoughts?

Teams that scare me in the AFC in order of strongest to weakest:

1. KC
2. Baltimore
3. Indy
4. Houston
5. Buffalo

Still think the Chiefs are the main competition. They can beat GB & Minnesota. Their offense will get healthy bodies back.

Ok - Hear me out.

Chiefs may struggle with Greenbay and Minnesota coming up and with no Mahomes for a few weeks, they could lose both of those games. Not saying they are totally out of the picture but they have some issues and need to win as they are already 2 games back.

Texans look good but lost to the Colts today. But still could be a good team when we play them. Its been pretty close the last few games.

Baltimore just went into Seattle and throttled them, offensively and defensively. Jackson is a beast. This is not the same guy from last season who everyone said couldn't throw the ball. He can. He's even more dangerous cause he can fly and make HUGE plays with his legs as well.

The Colts have gotten a lot better with the defense and Brissett is playing pretty well if I may say so myself. They have a good running game, decent passing game and good defense. They can chew away clock and keep opposing Qbs off the field.

I have to say I would fear Baltimore the most.

Thoughts?
I didn’t see the game but Jackson was 9/20 passing.

The Colts are looking like our 2001 selves more and more every game.

They scare me not beause of any one thing they do, but the fact that they seem to be capable of beating a team any of a number of different ways. They're adaptable, and Frank Reich is looking like a very, very good head coach. They're one of the few teams that I'd give a chance to be able to hang with us tactically.

I didn’t see the game but Jackson was 9/20 passing.

I watched the game. Jackson can make throws when he needs to but his mobility is crazy. They showed a stat where he has more rushing yards than 6 NFL teams total. Also Baltimore has a good defense.

oh look another "scared of team x" thread

imagine being a fan of a team that's gone to 4 of the last 5 SBs and won 3 of them and actually fearing other teams....

imagine being a fan of a team that's gone to 4 of the last 5 SBs and won 3 of them and actually fearing other teams....

Aweee.

its just an analysis of the teams that pose a threat. I'm okay, I swear I am. Thats the past. We are talking now, today, this season.

Oh just stfu and leave the thread. Discussing the threats in the AFC is a very valid discussion to have.

I think Indy is a good team but I have full faith that our defense would be able to bottle up Mack and not have a problem with Jacoby. I don’t see a real threat there.

Baltimore has me more curious. I haven’t watched enough to know what to make of him. Jackson may be able to throw the ball but just how effective can he be if you successfully keep him in the pocket? (difficult as that sounds).

I’d still put KC at threat level #1 once Mahomes returns. No other AFC QB we’d go against is even close to being on his level.

Oh just stfu and leave the thread. Discussing the threats in the AFC is a very valid discussion to have.

I think Indy is a good team but I have full faith that our defense would be able to bottle up Mack and not have a problem with Jacoby. I don’t see a real threat there.

Baltimore has me more curious. I haven’t watched enough to know what to make of him. Jackson may be able to throw the ball but just how effective can he be if you successfully keep him in the pocket? (difficult as that sounds).

I’d still put KC at threat level #1 once Mahomes returns. No other AFC QB we’d go against is even close to being on his level.

True that buddy.

overall, as long as Chiefs are in good shape, limiting the losses with Mahomes, they will be but we can't overlook Baltimore. Jackson can make plays when needed. Everyone knows if you can bottle him up, keep him in the pocket, then his game is tough but that's a tall task.

The kid can move and Ravens defense aint no joke either.

KC is the biggest threat. By far.

The fact that we're talking about Indy & Balt shows how weak the conference is. Last week everyone was on board the Texans.

The Texans? Weak conference.

KC is the biggest threat. By far.

The fact that we're talking about Indy & Balt shows how weak the conference is. Last week everyone was on board the Texans.

The Texans? Weak conference.

Indy beat KC, in KC. kinda handidly too. I'm just saying, they seem legit to me. Which is the crazy part as I'm sure when Luck announced his retirement, everyone counted them out. Not only are they playing really well, they're beating the teams that are good, not the tomato cans we've played thus far.

There's nothing particularly special about Indy. We are just the better team, and should beat them almost always.

BALT presents a wildcard: Jackson, a running QB who is very able able to pass well. We still should almost always beat them, but the difference is that they have a player who can make the difference against us; ditto for KC and HOU.

Indy beat KC, in KC. kinda handidly too. I'm just saying, they seem legit to me. Which is the crazy part as I'm sure when Luck announced his retirement, everyone counted them out. Not only are they playing really well, they're beating the teams that are good, not the tomato cans we've played thus far.
I’m increasingly impressed with Jacoby. He seems to be a really good leader for that team and is starting to come into his own. That being said, the Patriots with the best defense in the league shouldn’t have a problem with him. He is basically a smart pocket passer who is still on the conservative side in his play style. That is unlikely to beat the Patriots.

Still think the Chiefs are the main competition. They can beat GB & Minnesota. Their offense will get healthy bodies back.
I think they’ll split those.

I think the OP is talking about our biggest AFC threat, not necessarily that he's scared of those other teams...

Both Teams would give our OL and Brady problems.

#1-2 are locked out and every week we have new #3 through 6

Honestly, we need to look at ourselves. I don't know if this anemic offense will be carried throughout the year. If we start clicking there, i don't care about 2 to 6, cause we'll be 1st, with 0% doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes