PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesome NESN Poll: Are the Patriots relying upon Edelman too much?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are the Patiots relying upon Edelman too much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Seriously. They asked that question-so let's find out, shall we?

Not really sure who the Patiots are but I voted for the Hernandez option.

Either that or throw the damn ball to Vereen, Amendola, and Gronkowski.

Brady is goin to throw to who ever is catching the ball and right now its only Edelman, Dobson the guy that scored the only TD would have been IA again if Amendola was in the line up

Patriots are cheap. They could trade for a great WR like Larry F with the zillion picks they have.

#3 pretty much sums it up. Yes, they're relying on him way too much. No, they don't really have any other options until Gronk/Amendola/Vereen come back or Dobson/Thompkins remember how to catch.

I voted for all three, because I can.

Re: Re: Awesome NESN Poll: Are the Patriots relying upon Edelman too much?

Seriously. They asked that question-so let's find out, shall we?

They jumped the gun with the poll, its 2 games into the season.

My fear is he will get injured also and then we will be up the creek without a paddle.

#3 pretty much sums it up. Yes, they're relying on him way too much. No, they don't really have any other options until Gronk/Amendola/Vereen come back or Dobson/Thompkins remember how to catch.

And besides, the other guys ARE getting their looks - they're just not executing.

It's not like Brady isn't giving them a chance and solely targeting Edelman. He's just the one hanging on.

Hi, I'm a two braincelled sports writer, Herman Hackley and I can't stand the Patriots winning for 13 years straight when I predicted they would fall in 2001, and 2002 and 2003 and 2004 and 2005 and 2006 and 2007 and 2008 and 2009 and 2010 and 2011 and 2012 and FINALLY!!!! THIS is it...Patriots fiunally SUKK!!! I was right ...don't all of you understand how brilliant I am now?? You should all listen to me, Jerkly. J Jerkoffensteiner on my new ESPN show...Why We ALL Hate The Patriots-YAY!!!

why don't all you whiners pack your backpacks and hitch a ride on the next turnip truck out to Colorado where you can gaa gaa goo goo and spit and slobber all over your damned Wes and Peytie...

My fear is he will get injured also and then we will be up the creek without a paddle.

Let's not tempt fate, buddy.

I was very glad to hear in the late spring that they retained Edelman just for the backup slot role alone, not even counting special teams play.

Between the 2 of them (DA, Edelman), they should be able to get through the majority of the season--at least one would hope.

The only thing I didn't care for was not being able to pin Edelman down for another yr or two, with a possible low cost "out" should it have come to it. Now it may be a bit more expensive bordering on a lot more expensive depending on when DA comes back, and that lowers the odds significantly in terms of bringing him back again in my opinion.

It's possible we see Boyce as the backup slot player next season, but your boy Greg Salas was released today IIRC. Too bad we're chock full of wideouts at the moment, or he'd have been worth pursuing. He still may be, but it'd be difficult to fit him in at this point.

Thanks to the inability to draft or otherwise obtain wide receivers just put the load right on Belechek. This must be like a mental block for him, like beating the Giants in a game that COUNTS.

Thanks to the inability to draft or otherwise obtain wide receivers just put the load right on Belechek. This must be like a mental block for him, like beating the Giants in a game that COUNTS.

You may end up being closer to right than wrong in the long run, but if you're going to base this opinion on 2 games so far, that'd be unfair.

The offense HAS to look better than it did on Thursday night. Some of the miscues were on Brady too, as he overthrew and missed on a handful of potential big plays. That isn't going to happen too often, and I'd expect them to have worked on some chemistry during their 10 day break.

It may take another game or two, but things will improve. You can take that to the bank. Belichick isn't stupid. It doesn't help that we're missing both Gronk and Sudfeld as TE options, and both Amendola/Vereen have gotten hurt.

No doubt, that's why they have had so much trouble scoring points the past 10 years. Fricking Belichick. Brady has been stuck throwing to nobodies like Moss and Welker, who by all accounts sucked big time, Manning apparently is turning him into an NFL caliber receiver.

In the Jets game, he was the only reliable receiver the Pats had. At least he caught the ball when it was thrown to him. At times it looked like the game of Frogger with him dodging all the defenders.

I sent both Thompkins and Dobson a bottle of gorilla glue and some Ginko Biloba.

We should see amazing results this Sunday! :rocker:

This why we need Gronk and Sudfeld to start this weekend.

Let's see if Darelle ("I miss Rex") Revis stop two 6'9" maniacs flooding his pathetic disease-ridden little island!

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back