PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Austin Collie is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
who gets cut? Maybe dobson on IR.

Boyce eroo is still there. He's looking to break out. Very underrated.

No one needs to be cut. They let D.J. Williams go yesterday (Wednesday).

NFL. 6'1 is too short to play

Drew Brees ... Russell Wilson ... Wes Welker ... Ray Rice ... Danny Woodhead ... Maurice Jones-Drew ... Darren Sproles ... the list goes on forever.

Drew Brees ... Russell Wilson ... Wes Welker ... Ray Rice ... Danny Woodhead ... Maurice Jones-Drew ... Darren Sproles ... the list goes on forever.

Zach Thomas, Mike Alstott, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Santana Moss.. the list literally goes on forever.

I was a big fan, but he made me look silly by not staying healthy.At this stage i don't think he'll help the offense that much, assuming he recovered from his injury.

Since when did being almost 6'1 (Collie) make you a smurf??

When fans immediately assumed all white wide receivers are just slightly different variants of Wes Welker.

This is why you get insane pronouncements that the Patriots should cut Amendola and keep Edelman, as if the two's skillsets are so similar that they can't be on the field at the same time without a black hole erupting and swallowing the universe whole.

I had forgotten all about that until you mentioned that just now. I'm not positive, but if I recall correctly that was the one and only Clive Rush, the guy that Billy Sullivan chose to replace Mike Holovak over Chuck Noll. Sullivan had just watched the Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl 3. Colts OC was Noll, Jets OC was Rush, so he hired Rush. If anything he should have hired the Jets DC, since it was their defense that won that game. The Jest DC was a guy named Buddy Ryan.

Rush was most well known for being the guy who got electrocuted when he grabbed a microphone that had a short, but rumors were that the guy was literally crazy, with serious psychological problems, who also suffered from depression and drank to excess. Helluva combination for an NFL head coach. Maybe that had something to do with trading away the team's best player, an in-his-prime Nick Buonoconti for a bag of footballs.

You get a cookie. Seems to me Sullivan had so many bank and court problems he didn't pay as much attention to what seemed a can't miss coaching selection.

Anyway, Rush actually deployed what he called the black power defense thinking it would intimidate the opposition. This was in the news back then.

Problem was, he didn't have 11 black players on the defense, so he actually put some offensive players there.

Clive definitely was crazy, for lack of a better term. He ended up going for treatment. I don't even think all the bizarre stories about him were collected, simply because the team was bad and people had lost interest.

woah, that's sad, i was looking forward to him playing. He won the Mackey award for pete's sake!

Bill should've kept DJ Williams - or better still, signed Tony Moeaki before the Bills did -
and released that useless waste of space Mulligan.

So our WR's playing Sunday could all be small, short white guys. Collie, amendola and Edelman. Return of the smurfs!!!! Lol

This is going to be the most epic, hilarious, 3 WR set I think I've ever seen! (If Dobson/KT can't go)

Collie’s size is a bit of misconception because he spent a lot of time inside with the Colts but he is actually slightly bigger than Thompkins overall:

Thompkins
Height: 6005
Weight: 193

Collie
Height: 6007
Weight: 200

Collie is significantly stronger than Thompkins during his workout putting up 17 reps at 225 lbs. compared to just 8 reps by Thompkins, also he had a better vertical with 34 for Collie and 33 ½ for Thompkins.

Collie is, however, substantially more likely than Thompkins to be the first NFL player to die on the field of play.

NFL. 6'1 is too short to play

Well that sucks we’re going to have to forfeit on Sunday because we don’t have enough players tall enough to play… :eek:

1. Amendola, Danny 5'11" 195
2. Arrington, Kyle 5'10" 190
3. Beauharnais, Steve 6'1" 240
4. Blount, LeGarrette 6'0" 250
5. Bolden, Brandon 5'11" 220
6. Boyce, Josh 5'11" 205
7. Cole, Marquice 5'10" 195
8. Dennard, Alfonzo 5'10" 200
9. Ebner, Nate 6'0" 210
10. Edelman, Julian 5'10" 198
11. Gostkowski, Stephen 6'1" 215
12. Gregory, Steve 5'11" 200
13. Harmon, Duron 6'0" 205
14. Hines, Quentin 5'11" 190
15. Jones, Chris 6'1" 309
16. Mayo, Jerod 6'1" 250
17. McCourty, Devin 5'10" 195
18. Moe, T.J. 6'0" 200
19. Ridley, Stevan 5'11" 220
20. Ryan, Logan 5'11" 195
21. Slater, Matthew 6'0" 210
22. Talib, Aqib 6'1" 205
23. Thompkins, Kenbrell 6'1" 195
24. Vellano, Joe 6'1" 300
25. Vereen, Shane 5'10" 205
26. Wilson, Tavon 6'0" 215

When fans immediately assumed all white wide receivers are just slightly different variants of Wes Welker.

This is why you get insane pronouncements that the Patriots should cut Amendola and keep Edelman, as if the two's skillsets are so similar that they can't be on the field at the same time without a black hole erupting and swallowing the universe whole.

It really is an unfortunate case of reverse stereotyping. People are quick to forget outside-the-numbers wideouts like Eric Decker and Ed McCaffrey.

Collie is, however, substantially more likely than Thompkins to be the first NFL player to die on the field of play.

This is true unfortunately; if there was a Wayne Chrebet award in the NFL Collie would be the favorite that’s for sure.

Well that sucks we’re going to have to forfeit on Sunday because we don’t have enough players tall enough to play… :eek:

yup. In fact lets just fold the franchise, we wear blue; just inviting all the smurf comparisons.

Can we just refer to Sunday's apparent receiving corps as the Whiteouts?

Just a joke fellas. I am white too. I know we all complained about the short wr's we had, so I made a joke.

Could be interesting when we see all these guys playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back