PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At this moment, would you take a 3rd for CJack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE US A 3RD ROUNDER FOR CHAD JACKSON? I like the guy and want to hold onto him, but at this point we couldn't get more than a conditional 4th - and even THAT is highly unlikely.

I have been a big CJ supporter but it seems like both Cassel and and Gutierrez were upset with him running wrong routes, maybe he just doesn't have it upstairs. Despite all the physical ability you need that to be succesful in this league. I don't think anyone would give us a 6th for him at this point.

Last edited:
Don't judge Jackson this year, until he's out there with Brady.

How Good did MOSS look in Oakland, with those clowns throwing him the ball?

..........yes

OK, OK, I know no games have been played yet but that might be a good thing for CJack's trade value if you know what I mean. Unless Jackson shines in preseason he's probably gone anyway, so...

Aiken, from reports, sounds decent enough and we all know Gaffney is the real number 3 unless CJack plays like Greg Jennings.

Would you trade CJack now (for a 3rd) before we find out he really is a dud or has finally turned the corner? Play GM, which chance do you take?

He certainly don't look good so far tonight.
However...
Aiken may have damaged himself.

yes please

The Jackson ballwashers never stop.....the guy is a bust, plain and simple.

Would you trade CJack now (for a 3rd) before we find out he really is a dud or has finally turned the corner? Play GM, which chance do you take?

Yes, I would, but I think we've already found out he's a dud.

Don't judge Jackson this year, until he's out there with Brady.

How Good did MOSS look in Oakland, with those clowns throwing him the ball?

I agree. Jackson definitely didn't help his case tonight, but I think you gotta judge him with Brady and he will get some snaps with him in at least the 3rd game. If he struggles there, then people can slam him. Both passes by Cassel looked to be more Cassel's fault in poor decisions than him. He hung him out to dry on that screen (although he should have held onto the ball) and Cassel should have never thrown to him when he was double covered and Cassel was throwing under pressure.

Are you kidding? In a heartbeat! Especially the way the Pats FO can leverage draft picks. A three next year could be paired with another three to move up to the bottom of the second round, or traded for a veteran player who can contribute his first year.

I will seriously be surprised if this guy makes it out of camp. I don't think he is intelligent enough to make the necessary adjustments, and he has never built a rapport with any of the QB's . He just doesn't get, and he doesn't seem like a good fit for the team. I go with Washington , Aiken, and Jones/ Slater as the 4th, 5th and utility player and chalk this up as Bethel Johnson II, only worse. At least Johnson had some impact on the field.

The Jackson ballwashers never stop.....the guy is a bust, plain and simple.

It doesn't look promising that he will turn it around, but to label him a bust at this point is way too premature. This is the guy's first preseason of his career. Many WRs take three years to develop and injuries has hurt his development.

I am not a ballwasher because I am not confident he will ever prove himself, but I am not ready to cut the cord just yet either especially since Cassel seems to have regressed from everything when have seen in training camp and tonights game.

It doesn't look promising that he will turn it around, but to label him a bust at this point is way too premature. This is the guy's first preseason of his career. Many WRs take three years to develop and injuries has hurt his development.

I am not a ballwasher because I am not confident he will ever prove himself, but I am not ready to cut the cord just yet either especially since Cassel seems to have regressed from everything when have seen in training camp and tonights game.

I am...... Jackson is not an NFL caliber reciever. He looks the part, but thats about it. Cant get seperation, stiff, runs the wrong routes......Its been three years, this is it.

Last edited:
I am...... Jackson is not an NFL caliber reciever. He looks the part, but thats about it.

Its been three years, this is it.

Last year he was recovering from an ACL tear. Almost any other WR would have been credited that year in most fans eyes. The second I heard he tore his ACL in the AFC Championship game, I wrote off his entire 2007 season. It is generally accepted that an ACL tear takes a good year or year and a half to fully recover.

If he was healthy all of his first two years, I would agree with you. But last year was basically a red shirt year for him.

I think he deserves this year to prove himself and then after that we can cut ties if he doesn't work out.

Last edited:
I am...... Jackson is not an NFL caliber reciever. He looks the part, but thats about it. Cant get seperation, stiff, runs the wrong routes......Its been three years, this is it.

very well stated

Last year he was recovering from an ACL tear. Almost any other WR would have been credited that year in most fans eyes. The second I heard he tore his ACL in the AFC Championship game, I wrote off his entire 2007 season. It is generally accepted that an ACL tear takes a good year or year and a half to fully recover.

If he was healthy all of his first two years, I would agree with you. But last year was basically a red shirt year for him.

I think he deserves this year to prove himself and then after that we can cut ties if he doesn't work out.

Part of being a great player, is the ability to stay healthy. Jackson has never been able to stay on the field, and everytime he is on the field, he is getting jammed at the line, getting no seperation, running the wrong routes and dropping passes.

I have no problem giving the kid his shot this year, but if he stinks it up, he is officially a bust.

Last edited:
Excuses...excuses....excuses. Part of being a great player, is the ability to stay healthy. Jackson has never been able to stay on the field, and everytime he is on the field, he is getting jammed at the line, getting no seperation, running the wrong routes and dropping passes.

So Terrell Davis wasn't a great player? He tore two ACLs which ended what would have been a sure fire HOF career. Rodney Harrison tore his MCL, ACL, and PCL. Was he not a great player? Seymour has been injured the last two years and his production has suffered.

Sorry, a player cannot avoid tearning their ACLs. It was a freak accident on a kick return where players are at their most vunerable. To blame him for that injury is just silly.

Who says he was running the wrong routes? You just assume it was him and not Cassel who screwed up.

It was one preseason game where virtually everyone on the first team offense played bad.

I have no problem giving the kid his shot this year, but if he stinks it up, he is officially a bust.

I agree with you. It is a make or break year for Jackson, but I ain't ready to kill the guy after this game. Talk to me by the end of September and I may have a different attitude. Granted, I will probably give him to the first part of the season before I come down hard on the guy.

So Terrell Davis wasn't a great player? He tore two ACLs which ended what would have been a sure fire HOF career. Rodney Harrison tore his MCL, ACL, and PCL. Was he not a great player? Seymour has been injured the last two years and his production has suffered.

Sorry, a player cannot avoid tearning their ACLs. It was a freak accident on a kick return where players are at their most vunerable. To blame him for that injury is just silly.

Who says he was running the wrong routes? You just assume it was him and not Cassel who screwed up.

It was one preseason game where virtually everyone on the first team offense played bad.

Jackson is garbage.......you shall see.

Jackson is garbage.......you shall see.

He may very well be, but he did show some flashes in his rookie season. He still has a shot at turning it around. I hope you are wrong, but I wouldn't bet money against you.

Guys, we should take a bag of cheeseburgers and a tank of gas if we can get it.

Sure hope Brady takes a few throws at him to see who was in the wrong on those plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes