PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Article] Should BB and BK trade Zappe?

Unless someone offers a 2nd or higher this is a easy one. He's on a cheap 4th RD contract so a 3rd isn't worth it when your starter has missed games recently. Trading him for anything but a 2nd is a lateral or bad move in our circumstances.

Whats Hoyer doing?

Jacoby Brisket. BOB would know of plenty of backups.
But we have a good cheap backup, why trade him to get another?

But we have a good cheap backup, why trade him to get another?
As a move of confidence that would end the Zappe chanting. Kraft hears it and don't like it.

I don't think you trade Zappe until you see how Mac Jones responds over the course of this season.

1. Mac's pass protection will be worst than last season.
2. Mac's most reliable receiver (Meyers) was replaced by JuJu (who is already injured).
3. Mac now has a history of responding poorly to adversity and cracking under pressure.

Even if you love Mac Jones the odds are against him.

Yeah there's no point trading Zappe right now unless the team is blown away with a can't refuse offer for him in return like a 2nd rounder. Doubtful they'll get such an offer.

As a move of confidence that would end the Zappe chanting. Kraft hears it and don't like it.
That's up to Mac whether he hears those chants or not. If he's great there won't be any chants. If he sucks, he'll hear them.

I thought it was Boo-urns.
Excellent Simpsons reference. Bravo!

On Zappe - cheap, rookie deal, has filled in and did well. In fact, well enough to push Mac - which is a good thing. Mac right now is the QB, so he needs to learn to handle everything that comes with that. All in all, no real negatives here.

I think the chanting would still happen for whoever is back up qb to a certain degree although probably less as it's as much a reflection in peoples lack of confidence in Mac as it is in Zappe.

I think the chanting would still happen for whoever is back up qb to a certain degree although probably less as it's as much a reflection in peoples lack of confidence in Mac as it is in Zappe.
Was there chanting for Brady when Bledsoe lost.

No

The "Zappe Delusion" was ridiculous. He's shown hardly anything. He played against the 4 worst teams on our schedule, with an overtly biased OC who changed the offense for him and caught a couple teams off guard. But then completely choked against the worthless Bears in his 4th game. He's not bad. But we have no idea if he's good either. Is he better than Stidham? Who knows. But, no team is going to trade a 2nd for him, and why would BB even want that yet. On the plus side - he's shown poise and some skill, and has 1.5 years under his belt now, so he's a better backup than almost anyone available, so it only makes sense to keep him this year and see what happens.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Was there chanting for Brady when Bledsoe lost.

No
That's my point, it is more a reflection of peoples confidence in Mac i believe. I think people liked Bledsoe more then than they do Mac now

That's my point, it is more a reflection of peoples confidence in Mac i believe. I think people liked Bledsoe more then than they do Mac now
The point was that Brady was an unknown just like the Pats new 2nd string QB if Zappe is gone.

Zappe is undefeated to date.

The point was that Brady was an unknown just like the Pats new 2nd string QB if Zappe is gone.

Zappe is undefeated to date.
Which unknown back up do you suggest?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back