PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armstead and Harrison updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I would prefer to see him on the field more than anyone other than Chandler, I'm not saying he should start or even see a lot of reps, I just want to see him play as a fan. I agree with you that the best player should play the majority of the snaps.

I guess I don't really understand what you are trying to say. You want to see him on the field more than everyone but Chandler, but what if he sucks? Do you still want him on the field?

Kind of the problem of never having seen him play, and relying upon CFL clips. Usually people get worked up over rookies after watching them dominate 4th stringers in preseason games. We haven't even seen him do that yet, so I guess I am holding all judgement until he is healthy and starts practicing.

Me, I'd like to see this front healthy after the bye: Carter, Jones, Kelly, and Jones.

I seen them out on Halloween. They were dressed as ghosts.

Harrison is getting the red shirt year. Think there maybe some plans for him to maybe take that hernandez role.

I guess I don't really understand what you are trying to say. You want to see him on the field more than everyone but Chandler, but what if he sucks? Do you still want him on the field?

Kind of the problem of never having seen him play, and relying upon CFL clips. Usually people get worked up over rookies after watching them dominate 4th stringers in preseason games. We haven't even seen him do that yet, so I guess I am holding all judgement until he is healthy and starts practicing.

No I want to see him on the field more than anyone other than Chandler, I want to see if he sucks, see the type of player he is, what he can add to the football team. If he sucks I want him to return to the bench – fundamentally what I am saying is outside of Chandler Jones I have the most interest in seeing what Armond Armstead can do on the football field, I don’t need to see it 80% of the time I just don’t want to not see it at all.

Me, I'd like to see this front healthy after the bye: Carter, Jones, Kelly, and Jones.

I think that will be a very good front although I’d prefer to see - LE - Rob Ninkovich |DT - Chris Jones | DT - Chandler Jones | RE - Andre Carter, if it was a passing situation. That said I think for the most part we know what players like Carter, Ninkovich and Kelly can do on the football field so although I want to see that front from an it’s the best front to win the game perspective, the idea of players like Armstead, Chandler Jones, Michael Buchanan and heck even Jake Bequette peak my interest more because of the excitement of seeing the unknown.

After waiting on Shawn Crable, I've learned to temper my interests in unknown players unless they are first round picks. If they don't flash during preseason then they probably won't during the regular season.

After waiting on Shawn Crable, I've learned to temper my interests in unknown players unless they are first round picks. If they don't flash during preseason then they probably won't during the regular season.

This post reminded me of Sudfeld .. Still can't believe what happened to that kid in regular season .. what a disaster ..

Last edited:
Glass-stead.

Staph infection.

Gronk had to have extra surgeries due to infections while under the care of Patriots medical team (that occurred earlier in the year than Armstead's) also. So did Brady when recuperating from his ACL. I wonder how often this kind of thing happens with other teams?

You are blaming the wrong person.

Last edited:
Staph infection.

Gronk had to have extra surgeries due to infections while under the care of Patriots medical team (that occurred earlier in the year than Armstead's) also.

You are blaming the wrong person.

I'm not blaming anyone. Just wanted to be the first to give him the oh so original moniker.

However, like Ras-I, I'm starting to lose hope that we'll ever see him. Obviously hope to be proven wrong next year.

I'm not blaming anyone. Just wanted to be the first to give him the oh so original moniker.

However, like Ras-I, I'm starting to lose hope that we'll ever see him. Obviously hope to be proven wrong next year.

I understand your impatience, but Ras-I is a different story. His body kept breaking down from football injuries.

This guy (according to several reports) got an infection.

Last edited:
I understand your impatience, but Ras-I is a different story. His body kept breaking down from football injuries.

This guy (according to several reports) got an infection.

It's not impatience, just an inbuilt cautionary pessimism that gets me too excited about potentially exciting players.

I think everyone wanted Armstead to be the next warren sapp yes he has talent but there is a reason he went undrafted BB took a shot at signing him maybe next year he can come to camp and make the team but he may never play a down of football in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News