PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armstead and Harrison updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All optimism regarding players with an injury history should cautionary, at least until they have a couple of good games for us.

It's not impatience, just an inbuilt cautionary pessimism that gets me too excited about potentially exciting players.

All optimism regarding players with an injury history should cautionary, at least until they have a couple of good games for us.

I agree, he hasn't done squat yet in the NFL.

This guy hasn't had any football injuries lately, so it is not like he is football injury prone.

The story of his last two situations were both strictly NFI.

Last edited:
I think everyone wanted Armstead to be the next warren sapp yes he has talent but there is a reason he went undrafted BB took a shot at signing him maybe next year he can come to camp and make the team but he may never play a down of football in the NFL

At the bare minimum, people need to dial down the expectations until he's actually practiced in the NFL. There was no reason at all for this news to be anything less than 100% expected.

I'm very surprised that he hasn't been able to come back from an infection. An MRSA infection like the Tampa players are dealing with (unlikely to be at team meetings) or perhaps endocarditis (heart valve infection) could cause an extended absence like his. The latter involves open heart surgery, which seems highly unlikely. I can't think of any other common infections that a patient couldn't come back from in 3 months. Hope that he heals up and is at full strength next summer.

I'm very surprised that he hasn't been able to come back from an infection. An MRSA infection like the Tampa players are dealing with (unlikely to be at team meetings) or perhaps endocarditis (heart valve infection) could cause an extended absence like his. The latter involves open heart surgery, which seems highly unlikely. I can't think of any other common infections that a patient couldn't come back from in 3 months. Hope that he heals up and is at full strength next summer.

That's a good point. Have the Tampa players affected by MRSA come back yet?

I'm not blaming anyone. Just wanted to be the first to give him the oh so original moniker.

However, like Ras-I, I'm starting to lose hope that we'll ever see him. Obviously hope to be proven wrong next year.

I think the Armstead situation is a lot different than Dowling, for one Armstead has a non-football related injury but also we signed Armstead to a futures contract we did not invest as second round pick in him. I would really like to see Armstead on the field I think he is a promising NFL prospect but if he never steps on the field at the end of the day we didn’t give up any real assets to bring him in other than money.

That's a good point. Have the Tampa players affected by MRSA come back yet?

Tynes has been out all year. Nicks came back but then had a recurrence and needed surgery. Banks....not sure.

Any news on this front yet? I must admit i haven't seen much.

We'll get a leading indicator today. This is virtual Wednesday for MNF. If neither is reported at practice as I expect, expect them to soon be placed on IR as their NFI roster exemption status soon expires.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Heard from the NFL that NFI players (Armstead, Harrison) must begin practice by "day after the conclusion of the 11th reg-season weekend."

Not reading about either being at practice today, Wednesday

Has the nature of Armstead's "infection" ever been specified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunescribe
Has the nature of Armstead's "infection" ever been specified?

My guess is yeast. ;)

My Nominee For Post OF The Year - Danny Amendola Groin Pull Division
!

Am I going to have to add that to my pic? :D

My guess is yeast. ;)

I get the trying to be clever, but there are many forms of yeast infections beyond the one that only females get. Candida, for instance, is a common yeast infection in the digestive tract that anyone can get, that causes many different ailments.

I get the trying to be clever, but there are many forms of yeast infections beyond the one that only females get. Candida, for instance, is a common yeast infection in the digestive tract that anyone can get, that causes many different ailments.

Candida? That was a smash hit in the 70's for Tony Orlando and Dawn, not a yeast infection. Of course, the song is so bad it does upset my digestive tract so you may be on to something there. :D

So is there anything official on him yet? I would have thought we would have heard something by now.

So is there anything official on him yet? I would have thought we would have heard something by now.

Who, Armstead?

It was about a week or so ago when Belichick said that "it was looking less and less likely" that he'd be able to contribute this year. I think that's about as good of a look between the lines as we're going to get.

Harrison never really had much of a chance due to not even being here in OTA's/training camp. He basically had no knowledge of the system, and never really had much of a shot this year due to the depth at WR in front of him; especially as Boyce was finally active again last week for the first time in awhile.

It's quite possible that we'll be seeing one of them back to compete next year, but that's just a guess of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back