PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we missing the fact that Safety is a major issue this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
take a shot on a guy like kenny tate or robert sands in day 3

I don't think safety is MAJOR, but I would like a versatile pure coverage S for the secondary to move around. I'm not down on James Sanders as some others seem to be, so it can wait till next year. I will admit sanders is not a burner, but he is by far the smartest defender we have back there.

Much agreed.

Except for Merriweather, our safeties cover very well in our soft zone defense. The problem is they can not cover for long and that is where our lack of anything resembling a pass rush hurts.

I will say ok on Chung but not on the other guy. No way can he cover whatsoever. When you have 4.8 speed fullbacks are speeding by you.
All three of them have coverage deficiencies. Maybe you give Chung a pass because this will be his third year. OJ if our Safeties cover well or at least reasonable we might be mid pack not at the bottom in passing yds. against. I believe our Safeties are a little on the short side as well and that is why they get killed in jump ball scenarios. Our sacks were 14th as said which is mediocre. Yes I know we must get better there but it was not all pass rush. We need at least one Safety who is a play maker to Team with the others. Coverage is not our present Safety's game.
DW Toys

I think NT is more of a need than DE.

I am astonished that you are still trying to defend this point.

I have been pounding the table for Kenrick Ellis or Phil Taylor ~ or both!! ~ since October, but if we draft either of them, it will be to play Defensive End, my friend.

We have several good situational Defensive Ends, but, with Ty Warren working his way back from an entire lost year, zero ~ ZERO ~ guys who we can even PENCIL in as a starter.

For those of you scoring at home: That's "ZERO."

Our Nose Tackle, meanwhile, is a guy named Vince Wilfork. :eek:

I am saying yes Kendrick and Taylor can play DE but also NT to protect and fortify that position.

No, that is what I have been saying since back in October.

THIS is what you are saying:

I think NT is more of a need than DE.

It seems you are now fundamentally changing your position, while pretending otherwise.

It would be simpler, I would think, to admit your mistake. We all make them.

We have a starting Nose Tackle ~ an awesome one ~ and ZERO definite starting Defensive Ends.

It's not complicated.

No, that is what I have been saying since back in October.

THIS is what you are saying:

It seems you are now fundamentally changing your position, while pretending otherwise.

It would be simpler, I would think, to admit your mistake. We all make them.

We have a starting Nose Tackle ~ an awesome one ~ and ZERO definite starting Defensive Ends.

It's not complicated.

No I am good on what you assume is my mistake. I am comfortable in my "rightness" in this case, thank you.

Honestly I don't follow you at all here. Actually you could be right if I knew what the hell you are saying so I can riddle it.

Maybe I am looking at the wrong NFL Roster? If it is the case of taking everyone who starts off the depth chart who was injured or coming back from surgery in 2010, then our QB starter going into 2011 is Hoyer? Perhaps that is your logic? Does Ghost have to fight Graham for his starting spot back? I also have a sneaky suspicion that Bodden will be your opening day CB. Then it would be your logic that Crumpler is done and we need to Draft another TE or FA TE this year because he had some surgery?

Cousin I respect your opinion but I don't think I am ready to give up on mine to meld with yours as of yet. I will give you that VW is an awesome starting NT if that helps clear this up.

I am wrong a whole lot. Ask my wife.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back