PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots fading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just played in their third straight AFCCG after being devastated by injuries, so... no. I'm definitely going to have to go with no.

I do think, and this may be the result of picking at the bottom of every round for the past 13 years -- that we haven't been able to rebuild the D the way we would've expected it to have been.
There's always hope that 'if everyone is healthy and everyone progresses' we will be dominant, but we're going on 6 years now that the D has been mediocre.

I am sick of the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in 9 seasons crap from reporters and other fans.

What about these teams and how they haven't won a Super Bowl in a lot more years or never

Arizona-never
Det-never
Philly-never
Tenn-never
SD-never
Buf-never
Clev-never
Minn-never
Atl-never
Cincy-never
Sea-never
Jac-never
Car-never
Hou-never
NYJ-45
KC-44
Mia-40
Oak-30
Chi-28
Was-22
SF-18
Dal-18
Den-15
StL=14
TB-11

This is true...but you also have to consider the circumstances. 'Brady and Belichick's Patriots' haven't won in nine years, and as plenty of people who love to troll the Patriots always say "since spygate".

That all ties into the OP's thread question about whether or not the Patriots are "fading"? I don't think we're fading but I do think the NFL and teams/schemes have become very familiar with Brady and Belichick. Even though I'm a strong supporter of BB's philosophy of prioritizing the "middle class" of the roster over big chess pieces with high price tags, I really do see this time in Brady and Belichick's career arc (Brady more specifically) where they make a few out of the box moves via free agency or trade.

There's no guarantee that being young means being good. Brady's success or failure will ultimately determine whether or not they can win another championship. The priority the next two offseasons imo is to make sure he's protected and he has playmakers around him--legit, proven playmakers, not waiting to develop 'potential' playmakers.

Shaughnessy will always be Gordon Edes' "Curly Haired Boyfriend."

Not fading, injured.

Are the Patriots fading?

Seriously, did we not hear this crap when the 2009 New England Patriots finished the regular season 10-6 with a one and done at home in the AFC Playoffs?

All it takes is one good draft to revitalize an offense or a defense, as was the case in the 2010 NFL Draft for the New England Patriots offense: Gronkowski and Hernandez. Sign street free agent Danny Woodhead, toss in a trade for Deion Branch, and the New England Patriots finish the regular season with the best offense in the NFL.

2010 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

There were lots of reasons to think the one and done to the Ravens in 09 was the end of the line for the Patriots as an elite team in the NFL.

Wrong.

It all rides on #12. If he has issues next year with some stability and a healthy team , then maybe there's something to the theory. Until then this is nothing but typical Shank troll bait.

It still blows my mind that people will post stuff form Larry Fine ( Shaunassy), Borges, and Felger on this site.

It just gives them something that they crave: ATTENTION!

I am willing to bet that going into next season, the Pats will be the favorites of the AFC. The Patriots were decimated with injuries this year and made it to the final four.

Mayo and Vollmer will definitely be back. Wilfork and Kelly may be back. Right there it is a big improvement to the front seven of the defense and offensive line.

Other things that to consider:

• Other than Brady, Mankins, Gregory, Connolly, Wilfork, and Kelly; the Pats have no starters or key role players north of 30 on the roster next year right now. This is a relatively young roster.
  • Collins came on during the tail end of the season. Historically, defenders that the Pats ease into the line up and come on at the end of their rookie season tend to have big jumps their second season (see Seymour and Ty Warren for examples)
  • Dobson will be healthy and he and Thompkins will have a complete offseason. Typically, WRs make huge jumps from year one to year two (which is relative because many WRs never become good).
  • Amendola will be back and healthy (yes, I know. For how long?)
  • Gronk should be back and healthy (Ditto)
  • Hightower should benefit from the return of Mayo since he will move back to his natural position which he did after Spikes went down and his play improved.

The only wild card the Pats have are whether Edelman or Talib come back. Both leaving would leave significant holes. I think they can fill the other bigger holes through free agency and the draft.
Negative - it will be Denver again (if Manning is still there) plus Indianapolis will probably be ahead of the Patriots....Pats will do their usual sign over the hill 30+ year old free agents and cut or IR 90% of them and then the draft will yield perhaps one guy who can make plays....

He does make some good points, but it comes from the place of "I just don't like Bill and the organization" rather than anything resembling objective analysis.

Beyond that, it's hard to take a grown man with a perm too seriously.

He does make some good points, but it comes from the place of "I just don't like Bill and the organization" rather than anything resembling objective analysis.

Ronald McDonald.

He makes no points.

The New England Patriots made it to their 3rd AFCCG in a row with the 2nd Youngest Team in the NFL.

On day one of next season, they get an infusion of Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelley, Jerod Mayo, Armand Armstead, TJ Moe, Mark Harrison, Sebastian Vollmer and Rob Gronkowski.

Dan Shaughnessy is clearly out of his element when discussing football. So is this "libra957" person.

Last edited:
Shaughnessy: Fading Patriots are lucky Broncos didn't beat them much worse - The Denver Post

Came across this article by Shaughnessy,he made a lot of good points on losing back to back AFC Championship, on Brady running out of time, on this team being vulnerable, and last, the whole Welker situation where it appears that we messed up.

He may not be liked here but it's hard to disagree when we keep losing big games.

Another great thread. Yes, we should listen to the one that roots for failure.

We'll take your suggestion and bench Brady in favor of Mallet, since we have the second youngest team in the league I'm sure Carrot Top will be optimistic.

You're headed for poster of the year in bizzaro world.

No, I'm not reading that crap, he probably wrote it before the game.

The answer to this stupid question is NO

Hearing dan patrick calling out the boston media and CHB at the 30 min mark

Home » The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

calling the media in boston spoiled and how this pats season would be a great story in any other city.

Could you link or name that clip please? I'd love to catch that clip, but that page is full of media and i don't know which one you're referring to.

Another great thread. Yes, we should listen to the one that roots for failure.

We'll take your suggestion and bench Brady in favor of Mallet, since we have the second youngest team in the league I'm sure Carrot Top will be optimistic.

You're headed for poster of the year in bizzaro world.

No, I'm not reading that crap, he probably wrote it before the game.

looks like your feelings were hurt when i said that. I don't have a Brady can do no wrong mentality.

looks like your feelings were hurt when i said that. I don't have a Brady can do no wrong mentality.

Who would you rather have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back