PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots fading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im NOT one of "those everyone deserves trophies for participation" kind of guys.. but I do feel like the Superbowl loser gets a really bad wrap in the NFL.

(I know its too gimmicky for the NFL but I think the Superbowl loser deserves the 2nd overall pick in every round)

Just winning the AFC or NFC Championship is a big big deal and something to be proud of. Youve just proven you are better than 31 other teams.

That said.. I'll be bringing up the Manning is 1 for 3 every chance I get after the Broncos lose to Seattle in two weeks.

And what will you do if he wins?

It's probably more accurate to say that the team is stuck in neutral because we're saying the same thing every year.

Yep, stuck being in the Final Four and better than at least 28 other teams every year. It really sucks.

[/B]
And what will you do if he wins?
You know, you like to ask questions, but you are far less enthusiastic about answering them,

I just don't understand why the Patriots can't be like the other good teams and win the Super Bowl every season?

Ya know, if they were the youngest team in football and had lost half of their starters and best players to injury and lifelong incarceration then I could understand how they could fall a game short of the Super Bowl, but to just blow it when everything falls your way all season is really unforgivable.

I just don't understand why the Patriots can't be like the other good teams and win the Super Bowl every season?

You know, I think you're on to something here. The Lombardi Trophy keeps getting won by someone each year. You'd think the league would get tired of spreading it around so much.

You know, I think you're on to something here. The Lombardi Trophy keeps getting won by someone each year. You'd think the league would get tired of spreading it around so much.

yes, we should win it every year.

It would be better for the league and fairer to us Patriot fans, after all, we're number 1.

Belichick just keeps failing year after year and all anyone around here does is wash his balls.

The headline should read:

Fading sportswriter desperate for attention

The whining from the media is absolutely incredible. You have franchises that have literally gone a decade or more without winning a single playoff game. And here we have criticism of a team where making the conference championship game and losing is considered an extreme disappointment.

Shaughnessy: Fading Patriots are lucky Broncos didn't beat them much worse - The Denver Post

Came across this article by Shaughnessy,he made a lot of good points on losing back to back AFC Championship, on Brady running out of time, on this team being vulnerable, and last, the whole Welker situation where it appears that we messed up.

He may not be liked here but it's hard to disagree when we keep losing big games.

Got to love the promos on this board from the minions of a useless non-football writer. Thats the only conclusion i can come up with because there's no way a long time football fan can be this naive and fall for a baseball writer's article with no knowledge about the sport of football.

As far as "keep losing big games", dont know whether to laugh or cry at the poster completely ignoring the fact the pats play big games every year. What does that tell you dear poster? Some people cant be helped and shouldnt be engaged yet here i am.

As far as "keep losing big games", dont know whether to laugh or cry at the poster completely ignoring the fact the pats play big games every year. What does that tell you dear poster? Some people cant be helped and shouldnt be engaged yet here i am.
That's an excellent point. For example, it's been about 20 years since Cleveland or Buffalo lost a big game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back