PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots fading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like your feelings were hurt when i said that. I don't have a Brady can do no wrong mentality.

My feelings, ha ha.

No, I just thought that was so ridiculous I didn't know if you were serious.

Who would you rather have?

As of now, Brady of course, but I'm a pats fan more than I am a Brady fan. I'm not afraid of change and that doesn't mean I hate him.

Is the Superbowl drought frustrating? Most certainly, and it really sucks how the Pats campaign for Lombardi no. 4 seems to end in heartbreaking fashion year after year, and greeted with the asinine cries of "LOL 0 SB SINCE SPIYGAYTE."

Are there concerns with the depth of the team? Yes, and some proven vet talent (especially at WR) could be really infused into the roster come FA.

That being said, I've heard claims about the Pats waning relevance since the end of the 08 season, and come January, they are still a perennial contender (with the possible exception of the 09 season). This article basically rehashes every kneejerk argument I've heard following our playoff loses, and really doesn't strike me as informative or well written at all.

Is the Superbowl drought frustrating? Most certainly, and it really sucks how the Pats campaign for Lombardi no. 4 seems to end in heartbreaking fashion year after year, and greeted with the asinine cries of "LOL 0 SB SINCE SPIYGAYTE."

Are there concerns with the depth of the team? Yes, and some proven vet talent (especially at WR) could be really infused into the roster come FA.

That being said, I've heard claims about the Pats waning relevance since the end of the 08 season, and come January, they are still a perennial contender (with the possible exception of the 09 season). This article basically rehashes every kneejerk argument I've heard following our playoff loses, and really doesn't strike me as informative or well written at all.

It's probably more accurate to say that the team is stuck in neutral because we're saying the same thing every year.

It's probably more accurate to say that the team is stuck in neutral because we're saying the same thing every year.
If making the Conference Championship game for the last three years in a row is "stuck in neutral" how would you describe the transmission positions of the other 28 teams?

You know there are thirty two teams. Being in the playoffs is where you want to be.

If making the Conference Championship game for the last three years in a row is "stuck in neutral" how would you describe the transmission positions of the other 28 teams?

He lives in a world where Mallet replaces Brady as starter while they're winning, because the wins weren't pretty enough.

He lives in a world where Mallet replaces Brady as starter while they're winning, because the wins weren't pretty enough.

I live in a world where the patriots must be able to with or without Brady. You live in a world where he cannot be replaced.

I live in a world where the patriots must be able to with or without Brady. You live in a world where he cannot be replaced.

You live in a world where Dan Shaughnessy is credible and that scares the holy hell out of me. :bricks:

You know there are thirty two teams. Being in the playoffs is where you want to be.

And that's where we've been for the past few years except that we're not winning them and then people here are complaining about Brady playoff decline...again.

Honestly, with a healthy Gronk, I believe the Pats would have won in 2011 and in 2012. Heck, I think we could have even won this year.

It really is amazing what a difference maker that kid is. In this league you're nothing if you don't have a good TE as a safety valve and to create mismatches. And Gronk is the best.

I don't buy into this crap that fans of loser teams make that unless you win the Super Bowl you are somehow lumped together with them in loserville.

After the Patriots loss I was getting crap from Facebook from Dolphins fans and Jets fans. Really? They haven't won since before I was born and I'm old.

3 AFCCG in a row and one 1 Super Bowl appearance is nothing to sneeze at. All these other fans and writers talking crap is sour grapes because they are jealous of our success.

Sure I'd like another Super Bowl Victory but I will take a Super Bowl loss or an AFCCG loss over missing the playoffs any year. I don't know how that is even up for discussion.

they are going to fade sooner or later...i think they have 1 more great year until brady declines

I don't buy into this crap that fans of loser teams make that unless you win the Super Bowl you are somehow lumped together with them in loserville.

After the Patriots loss I was getting crap from Facebook from Dolphins fans and Jets fans. Really? They haven't won since before I was born and I'm old.

3 AFCCG in a row and one 1 Super Bowl appearance is nothing to sneeze at. All these other fans and writers talking crap is sour grapes because they are jealous of our success.

Sure I'd like another Super Bowl Victory but I will take a Super Bowl loss or an AFCCG loss over missing the playoffs any year. I don't know how that is even up for discussion.

Im NOT one of "those everyone deserves trophies for participation" kind of guys.. but I do feel like the Superbowl loser gets a really bad wrap in the NFL.

(I know its too gimmicky for the NFL but I think the Superbowl loser deserves the 2nd overall pick in every round)

Just winning the AFC or NFC Championship is a big big deal and something to be proud of. Youve just proven you are better than 31 other teams.

That said.. I'll be bringing up the Manning is 1 for 3 every chance I get after the Broncos lose to Seattle in two weeks.

And that's where we've been for the past few years except that we're not winning them and then people here are complaining about Brady playoff decline...again.

What if Brady went 9-21 for 123 yards with no TDs and two interceptions. Would you say that was good enough?

Originally Posted by libra957
looks like your feelings were hurt when i said that. I don't have a Brady can do no wrong mentality.

Shmessy: "So who would you rather have?"

As of now, Brady of course, but I'm a pats fan more than I am a Brady fan. I'm not afraid of change and that doesn't mean I hate him.

OK, you're wasting everyone's time with this.

That was one of the decisions/throws I was referencing when I made the original post. That was a complete head scratcher as Collie (I believe) was about as open as he could get underneath, just past the first down marker and he instead forced it to Slater. Even if the second year kids all make the jump next season, there needs to be a contingency plan in place at that position, or you're potentially looking at another disaster at the position in 2014. I listed some names I would love to see the team talk to. Boldin, Maclin, James Jones, etc. James Jones, IMO, would be a perfect fit for what we need on that side of the ball.

I agree on Jones, and the price shouldn't be ridiculous. I like Maclin but he gets hurt too often and i want a little more size than he brings. I don't think Boldin would come here unless the money was significantly better and overall his style of game is not one Brady favors. Moss is really one of the only receivers he has had that i can remember where he would throw it to him covered or not, and Boldin is usually covered he just wins the fight for the ball most of the time, Brady wants his receivers either open or positioned to be thrown open, he doesn't like to throw to covered receivers hoping they win the battle for the ball, and that eventually became an issue with Moss. honestly I think their best bet for affordability and quality is going to be using a 2nd round pick on one. the class is deep and they should be able to find another who is of the same caliber as Dobson, and one more receiver like him would really help imo.

I'm fading faster than this team......my youngest was in kindergarten when the pats win their first SB.....she is going to college next year

Brady will be 37 in week 1.

Same age as Grogan in his last season. Montana, Elway, Marino and Young retired at age 38. Jim Kelly was 36. Bledsoe was 34, although I think he could have kept going if he really wanted to.I don't think it's out of the question that Manning will walk away after this season, and he's 37.

What Favre did is the exception to the rule.

Father Time gets them all, no matter how great they are. I don't believe Brady's time has come yet but it's coming a lot sooner than we'd all like.

Fader??? here's my favorite on my mixer...I call him "Darth Fader"...

1069408_709333815762741_1835344642_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back