PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone want to revise any statements on our WR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Today they clearly showed improved chemistry with Brady. Reche and Gabriel seemed to be on the same page with Brady all day. Cutting off routes, and adjusting patterns to what Brady expects them to do. That blown coverage to Gabriel didn't appear to be a called play. It looked like Brady and Gabriel saw confussion in the secondary and took advantage. Brady also appeared to be looking toward Chad Jackson first when he was out there. Shows that Brady trusts him and wants to get him the ball.

jeffd said:
Brady also appeared to be looking toward Chad Jackson first when he was out there. Shows that Brady trusts him and wants to get him the ball.

CJ looked pretty quick on the reverse. I can't wait to see him catch a ball over the middle of the field. For now, they seem to really be limiting his role.

Nope. I did not make one quote doubting the receivers in this forum. I still think they have a way to go , but I am happy to see improvement.

If Gabriel stays healthy and we get Troy back on O's I'm feeling pretty good about them by November. Jackson should only help if he is able to contribute a couple of plays a game.

BradyManny2344 said:
CJ looked pretty quick on the reverse. I can't wait to see him catch a ball over the middle of the field. For now, they seem to really be limiting his role.
reche is still a limited wr, but gabriel proved last week he is a quick learner and is developing chemistry with brady.

is chad jackson's role limited becuase he doesn't know the playbook? they did an end around and a couple screens. nothing was down the field. makes one wonder.

MrBigglesWorth said:
reche is still a limited wr, but gabriel proved last week he is a quick learner and is developing chemistry with brady.

is chad jackson's role limited becuase he doesn't know the playbook? they did an end around and a couple screens. nothing was down the field. makes one wonder.

How is Reche a limited WR? He's run all the routes that the Patriots have asked him to run and the only mistake I know of that he made was when he got his hands up today on a ball meant for Watson. Otherwise, he's caught everything thrown his way and had 1st downs on nearly every catch he's made. He'll probably end up as the #3 WR behind Gabriel and Jackson, but he's a decent 2 to Gabriel's 1.

Nope. I've said from Day One that Gabriel was a steal, and that when we traded for him we expected a starter. I said that the rest have a long way to go, and we could use a real receiver as our #5 in case of injury. Today's offense was the best RUN OFFENSE in over ten years. The passing game worked because of the great running game.

I still believe that as of now our second and third best receivers are Watson and Faulk. I also think that Jackson and Caldwell will be fine down the stretch.

DaBruinz said:
How is Reche a limited WR? He's run all the routes that the Patriots have asked him to run and the only mistake I know of that he made was when he got his hands up today on a ball meant for Watson. Otherwise, he's caught everything thrown his way and had 1st downs on nearly every catch he's made. He'll probably end up as the #3 WR behind Gabriel and Jackson, but he's a decent 2 to Gabriel's 1.
what you see now is all you're gonna get. he's gonna get open in the zones but i don't think he's gonna beat his guy more often than not.

MrBigglesWorth said:

I think its just that he is a rookie. We'll see more of him each week - just like we have with Gabriel.

MrBigglesWorth said:
what you see now is all you're gonna get. he's gonna get open in the zones but i don't think he's gonna beat his guy more often than not.

Hmm.. Sorry, but I gotta disagree with you. I was watching him in 2004 when I lived in San Diego and he was playing very well before his ACL injury. You can hold it against the guy that when he came back he had to sit behind players like Gates, Parker McCardell and Tomlinson in the passing game, but I won't.

Caldwell is doing well as a #2 to Gabriel's #1. And I expect that Jackson will take over the #2 spot at some point.

However, Caldwell has come as I said he would. Good hands, Good routes, and some toughness. I never claimed he'd be a T.O. guaranteed #1. However, Caldwell is in there and doing his job. He's acted as a decoy on more than a few occasions and he's caught the stuff thrown to him. Oh, and he get's 1st downs on most of his catches. What more can you ask of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News