PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My case for moving on without Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defenses aren't allowed to be as physical today as they were in Moss' PRIME, so I don't get what your worry with that is?

Also what it "seems" like is very often a lot different than what it "is". Moss generally runs routes that take longer to develop, so a poor performing OL will effect Moss' stats more than a quick strike receiver like Welker. Bump and run on Moss always is accompanied with safety help, but quick pressure along with tight coverage will hurt all 32 offenses in the NFL. That's the NFL, that's the goal every defense has against every offense with a good passing attack.

The game is won and lost in the trenches... aint that the truth.

Yes there are more rules but it honestly they hit just as hard and the press just as hard. I agree that we need Offensive line help but smart Defenses like that will always find a way to get pressure on the QB, The Ravens and Jets like to overload one side leaving you with less people to block the guys coming. Honestly this offense hinges on Welker/Edleman. when you force the offense to throw short like they did what your going to see is DBs jumping routes because they know whats going to be coming. I cant tell you how many times the Ravens D was closing in on our receivers before they even caught the ball. They swooped right in and took out their legs from under them.

Yes there are more rules but it honestly they hit just as hard and the press just as hard. I agree that we need Offensive line help but smart Defenses like that will always find a way to get pressure on the QB, The Ravens and Jets like to overload one side leaving you with less people to block the guys coming. Honestly this offense hinges on Welker/Edleman. when you force the offense to throw short like they did what your going to see is DBs jumping routes because they know whats going to be coming. I cant tell you how many times the Ravens D was closing in on our receivers before they even caught the ball. They swooped right in and took out their legs from under them.

We didn't have Welker, if we did things would have been a lot different. There's not a single offense in the NFL that is going to excel when there is constant pressure on the QB. I mean it is what is, you can get a bunch of all star receivers but if your OL doesn't block, your QB doesn't get time to make them worth anything.

The Ravens succeeded because our OL struggled and they didn't have to worry about a single receiver outside of Moss. After the huge spot they got in the 1st quarter, they could just sit back deep force us to waste clock to get close to scoring, pin their ears back and rush.

I mean for all the complaining about Brady looking only for Moss, the 2 INTs in the first quarter were Brady throwing to Aiken. It's just delusional to think that having Moss and Welker on this team was negative in any way shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes