PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone just seen First Take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should go live with Bruschi for a couple of weeks and fully immerse himself in the Patriot Way.

Branch has never caught over 80 balls in one season.
Branch has never gone over 1000 yards in one season.
Branch has never cuaght over 5 td's in one season.
Branch averages 12.8 games per year.

85 has 4 seasons with over 90 catches.
85 has 7 seasons with over 1000 yards.
85 has 6 seasons with 7 or more td's.
85 averages 15.1 games per year.

What does Ocho's years-ago performance in a different system have to do
with any future success he may or may not have in this system, at his current age,
and at whatever level of knuckleheadedness he chooses to reside?

My level of concern over Ocho was already at a 9 even before talk of roomates.

My concern level has now been reduced to 5 after Ocho restructures his contract.

Last edited:
I love Chad but he really needs to decide whether he wants to dedicate himself 100% to pro football or be a cast member on Jersey Shore.

with any future success he may or may not have in this system, at his current age,

Alright guys. Captain Psychic doesn't approve. I guess that means it's going to work out perfectly.

You don't think those numbers indicate that, with a worse QB on a dysfunctional team, 85 has been a better performer over a longer period than has Branch? How could you possibly draw any other conclusion?

And why wouldn't you think that, in a better environment and with better personnel and on a very team-friendly, incentive-laden contract, 85 would equal or exceed his past performance?

Last edited:
I love Chad but he really needs to decide whether he wants to dedicate himself 100% to pro football or be a cast member on Jersey Shore.

You apparently have SRD aka selective reading disorder. This occurs when the diagnosed subject chooses to ignore the multiple reports stating views contrary to their own. There is no known cure at the time.

Welker witnessed Ochocinco's work ethic firsthand in Florida while working out during the lockout.

"He works hard and goes out and gives his best effort. He's an early riser and likes to get after it and that's what I like," Welker said.
Chad Ochocinco in New England Patriots camp before trade official - ESPN Boston

"It's been fun," Brady said. "The thing I love about him is that he's very competitive and he wants to do the right thing. He's been in one offense for a long time, so to try to come to a new offense and learn everything we do -- formations, motions, details of our route tree -- it's challenging for anybody. To do it on such short notice is another thing. He's working hard at it and we're working hard to be on the same page.
Brady's 1st impressions of Ochocinco - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

“I’ve watched him over the years and I remember I met him at the Pro Bowl a long time ago,” New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said in speaking of new teammate Chad Ochocinco on Friday. “He’s just fun to be around. He loves football.”

Read more: Brady welcomes football-loving Ochocinco - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger
http://www.patriotledger.com/homepage/breaking/x1510863323/Brady-welcomes-football-loving-Ochocinco

AND THE HEAD MAN HIMSELF
"I like Chad -- I like him as a player. I like him as a person," Belichick said. "I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that."
http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/report-bengals-receiver-chad-ochocinco-interested-in-playing-for-patriots-bill-belichick.html

Get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe