PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone from Hong Kong Watching the Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they favor the Turkish side I guess, because i caught this early internet star and thought the Borat character bore more than a passing resemblance. What do you think?

http://www.ikissyou.org/

Check it out, good for a laugh. This page is at least 10 years old, but it looks like he spiffed it up since some critics noticed some similarities.

Mr. Cohen probably paid Amir to delete some select lines that made it to the movie like "I like sex!"

I've seen this page before. It's great! Cohen insists this has nothing to do with Borat, but that Borat was based on a guy he met during a trip to Russia. Who knows, I love all of these racists.

I've seen this page before. It's great! Cohen insists this has nothing to do with Borat, but that Borat was based on a guy he met during a trip to Russia. Who knows, I love all of these racists.

Hey, they removed the "I like sex" part!!!

Uh...you questioned why anyone should be an Asian since there are many countries...the example you used was why wouldn't there be Northwesterners? I'm giving you an example of other instances where people are called by their region or continent such as Europeans or Africans...same as Asians...get it? I think you are the one who is ignorant and came to the aid of your racist buddy. NEM.

I don't want to live in a world where someone can't make an innocent joke.

God forbid he might have made a comment that people might be eating Pizza watching the game in Italy to ItalianPatsfan.:rolleyes:

And no, there is no nationality or ethnic group called Asian. I guess when you're unknowledgeable about the world you need that type of short hand.

Hey, they removed the "I like sex" part!!!

I think Borat enterprises saw potential embarassment and coughed up a little dough to Ahmir.

Is that a new Accordion?:p

I think Borat enterprises saw potential embarassment and coughed up a little dough to Ahmir.
Still VERY similar.

Man, this thread has really run the gamut.

And no, there is no nationality or ethnic group called Asian. I guess when you're unknowledgeable about the world you need that type of short hand.

No use debating with the ignorant. You've singlehandedly created your rules on ethnic groups just to try and win this argument.

After years and years of learning that there were people who called themselves European, African, Asian, American, etc., I now know because of you the all knowing one that at least one of these groups actually doesn't exist in the world (at least because you said so). Ladies and Gentlemen i believe we are in the presence of greatness...

Last edited:
I'm a bit under the weather and may just watch by myself, but would like to know if there are any gatherings planned in HK.

Thanks!

So the game's on at 5am?

What's your plan? Wake up at 3am and start drinking?

If its me I think I just start at 10pm and keep going right through til the 4th quarter at 9am

;)

Do you spin everything so you are the center of attention? You have banned more times on this board for your poor behavior, however I guess mommy did not give you enough love as a child.

I'm a bit under the weather and may just watch by myself, but would like to know if there are any gatherings planned in HK.

Thanks!

Hey PJ,

Here is a place in Maine that they are getting the game. I don't know if they are sending it out to the other places on this sign.

me17.gif

I can't watch a Patriots game with other people except my family. I get so intense I could turn into a monster instead of my loveable self.

Hope that you feel better. And thanks for starting the latest NEM war.:rofl:

If you were offended, my apologies. However, most people would know exactly the manner in which it was posted. You, too, are off base.

IMHO, NEM's words on this came not from maliciousness, but from ignorance. Like many people, he is a product of his era and environment. I honestly feel he did not mean anything malicious, even though I do think it was insulting.

I would hope that now that NEM has heard that it offends many people that he would be more respectful of this in the future.

I see. So you think you know the Vine. Now the truth comes out , exactly why you decided to begin an attack mode in this thread. Youmust have been looking for one to initiate for a long time.

And,why dont you let us all know who you are so when I go to the Vine today, I will let them know that you called them ALL, morons. I am sure they would appreciate that. So, lets see who you are. Or are you afraid that it might expose you for what you are.

BTW I happen to be a big fan of Charlie Chan moveis.. You know, the FAMNOUS CHINESE detective.

BTW, there were THREE actors that played the part of Charlie Chan, and they made a total of 44 Movies.

Their names are Warner Oland, Sidney Tolar (My favorite) and Roland Winters. Not one of the three was Asian. But they all played the part with sterotypical chinese accents.

Using your thinking, they are all bigots and disrespectful to the Chinese people.

You are a total joke.

Quite frankly, I dont even know why I am wasting my time with you. You took PatJew's thread, hijacked it for a personal vendetta, and now it has gotten completely off track.

NEM why don't just admit that you made a mistake, apologize without disclaimer and move on. Everytime you post you just dig yourself deeper in the hole.

There you go again, using that word If there was ever a word overused improperly by you, it's that one.

Patjew,

Enjoy the game. We'll all be together in spirit, every first down, every clutch play.

Cheers to you, all those miles away from NE.

I'd bet a Honkers Dollar that Dan Ryan's will have the game on, if it's open that early.

You still don't get it. And football is meaningless when it comes to human life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Uh...you questioned why anyone should be an Asian since there are many countries...the example you used was why wouldn't there be Northwesterners? I'm giving you an example of other instances where people are called by their region or continent such as Europeans or Africans...same as Asians...get it? I think you are the one who is ignorant and came to the aid of your racist buddy. NEM.

I don't want to live in a world where someone can't make an innocent joke.

God forbid he might have made a comment that people might be eating Pizza watching the game in Italy to ItalianPatsfan.:rolleyes:

Is there a nationality called European or African? There is no commonly accepted term such as North Westerners...just admit when you're wrong. I'm not attacking you...you just have no right to determine who should be offended by stereotypical, bordenline racist comments. If I'm Asian, I can be offended at being made fun of. And by the way, I am Chinese, but have lived in Japan, Singapore, Ireland and U.S.

Quote:

Is there a nationality called European or African? There is no commonly accepted term such as North Westerners...just admit when you're wrong. I'm not attacking you...you just have no right to determine who should be offended by stereotypical, bordenline racist comments. If I'm Asian, I can be offended at being made fun of. And by the way, I am Chinese, but have lived in Japan, Singapore, Ireland and U.S.

And since I did live overseas, most recently in Japan. I know how hard it was to remain an active fan. I got satelite TV. On Sunday nights, I'd go to sleep at 7pm, wake up at 2am and watch the NFL games (with NFL.com on if Pats weren't on TV) until 7am, sleep for another hour, shower and show up to work as a zombie. But it was worth it!

IMHO, NEM's words on this came not from maliciousness, but from ignorance. Like many people, he is a product of his era and environment. I honestly feel he did not mean anything malicious, even though I do think it was insulting.

I would hope that now that NEM has heard that it offends many people that he would be more respectful of this in the future.

I do agree that NEM is a product of his era. Really didn't care much for the Chop Suey stereotypes, but let it go. The making fun of how some Asian immigrants speak was simply racist. The problem, is although NEM apologized for offending, he never admitted he was wrong or that he would not do it again. Just not to be tolerated.

No use debating with the ignorant. You've singlehandedly created your rules on ethnic groups just to try and win this argument.

After years and years of learning that there were people who called themselves European, African, Asian, American, etc., I now know because of you the all knowing one that at least one of these groups actually doesn't exist in the world (at least because you said so). Ladies and Gentlemen i believe we are in the presence of greatness...

Asian's comprise 60% of the world's population. It is really big of you to be "almost offended" on behalf of 60% of the world's people, although I imagine it is a burden on a daily basis.

I've never referred to myself as non-Asian, but apparently that is a more exclusive group.

Speaking of Ignorant, I thought Chop Suey was an American dish and kind of archaic. Apparently, recent research has indicated it is an authentic Chinese dish from the Toisan region.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060823/news_lz1f23slice.html
http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodasian.html#chopsuey

I spend a lot of time arguing with people who don't know what they are talking about, but I prefer to call them uninformed, it is less pejorative.

Although it seems futile at times, they have to learn somehow.;)

Quote:

There's a nationality called European? Wow, you learn something every day.

I thought there were individual nations there, but I went to public school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes