PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone from Hong Kong Watching the Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a life. I don't need to disrespect people like yourself. You can say something, but I am off base? People in glass houses NEM

No one is running away crying. All i'm saying is that if it's said over and over again it gets tiring. Sorry if you can't understand the difference. If anyone is sensitive it's you. Just because I made a comment about this, you turn into the sensitivity police. Congratulations, you'll make captain in no time.

Actually, when you stereotyped me as eating Chowder and Lobster because I grew up in Boston, it made me think.

I've lived in Texas and now live in Florida.

Whenever I tell people I grew up near Boston and actually worked at a huge Greek Seafood Restaurant called Jimmy's Harborside for 2 years they always say, "oh, you must eat lobster all the time. I love lobster".

I actually don't even like lobster. The say, "what are you crazy? How can you not like lobster? You're out of your mind, I'd eat it every day"

I guess I should be offended, but i just say I don't like it, maybe I'll try it again sometime.

And I have eaten both Chow Mein and Chop Suey. They're actual foods. I don't think they're authentic Chinese Foods, but some people think they are.

All this stupid thread about is a couple of us missing our good friend, (who's name is a blatant stereotype) and assuming that maybe Patriots football in Hong Kong isn't quite as popular as in Boston.

Chow Mein, Pizza, Wings. what's the difference. People like to eat while watching football and it was really an innocent little joke. All good food has some ethnic connotation probably, though I imagine you only eat a bland porridge so as not to offend anyone's sensitivities.

Good Luck to you my friend.

Alrighty then... anyone in Hong Kong going to be watching this game?

What time will it be in Hong Kong when the game is on?

5:30 AM Monday.

That's pretty good. I had to get up at 2 AM to watch the Pats/Jets game. That was a long day.

Me no likey this thread no more.

I will now give away all my Charlie Chan Movies.
charliechan.gif

Ah, Number one son bring me famous Amelican dish now, Egg Foo Burger.

Some people just to sensitive. Make me out to look like no likey asian man. That not tlue.

Me just have rittle fun wid jewish man living in Hong Kong. He nicey person.

So solly if I upset you.

That was pretty friggin' offensive. The majority of people who read this message know it. I'm Asian and if you said that to me in person, I would wipe the floor with you. I hope Ian bans you from the website for this.

Thank you Rainmaker.

We actually got takeout from one last week.

5 out of 5 family members agreed, it was awful!

Now we're sticking with Chinese, Thai and Indian.

That reminds me, how can you just be Asian? I mean wouldn't that be like me being West Hemispherean?

I mean Asia is huge. If I said something offensive about Uzbekistan does a native of Hong Kong have the right to be offended?

I use that example because I actually met a woman from Uzbekistan at our Christmas party and she was just thrilled that I vaguely knew where it is.

All I remember is they grow cotton.

NEM,

Look at what you wrote. I realize this is a thread about the game and the time in Hong Kong, however you can't call people off base if they are offended by what you wrote. I am not saying you do not have the right to your opinion, but be realistic.

This is my fault. I'll never mention Hong Kong or my people's consistently disgusting food again. Can't do anything about the username without losing my post # status, though, and can't do that when I'm so tantalizing close to 1000.

But if RayClay changes his name to Irish Drunk, I promise to change mine to PatCheapJew. It's funny because it's true. Actually, I suggest that everyone change their username to a blatant stereotype. SMG can change his name to SmartAsian, because he's both.

Holy Crap I wish this game would get here already. I'm going batty.

There you have the error of stereotyping. My best friend's jewish and the most generous person I know. Of course you and I are frugal.

There's nothing cheaper than a cheap Irishman though. My father used to staple his pants together when they ripped.

so then you are a racist

That reminds me, how can you just be Asian? I mean wouldn't that be like me being West Hemispherean?

I mean Asia is huge. If I said something offensive about Uzbekistan does a native of Hong Kong have the right to be offended?

I use that example because I actually met a woman from Uzbekistan at our Christmas party and she was just thrilled that I vaguely knew where it is.

All I remember is they grow cotton.

Have you heard of Europeans or Africans? Does it make sense now?

I am not offending anyone. I am not comparing everyone from Hong Kong as a Charlie Chan, chop suey eating person. you are.

If you were offended, my apologies. However, most people would know exactly the manner in which it was posted. You, too, are off base.

NEM, if you think that wasn't offensive you are truly delusional or racist.

Have you heard of Europeans or Africans? Does it make sense now?

There are 54 different countries in Africa.

Are you saying all Africans are the same? That sounds like stereotyping to me.

The post with Charlie Chan? Do you have dementia? STML? just curious. Go to that dump the VINE with the rest of your morons.

Borat hates Uzbekistan. You learned about Uzbekistan from Borat, didn't you? Admit it!

Borat hates Uzbekistan. You learned about Uzbekistan from Borat, didn't you? Admit it!

I didn't say they were a**holes, if that's what you mean.

No, I'm kind of a geography freak and nailed down The U , the Kaz and Turkmenistan years before Borat during some foreign policy crisis enough so I could use them in a sentence and impress the lady.

I think I mentioned it and got a slight glimmer of recognition, but I don't think she understands.

Actually, the Borat thing is Eastern European, like Romanian or something as far as the ethnicity and the village used in the movie.

The actual population is Mongol and Turk and so they bear characteristics of East Asians and Turks, I guess. But generally do not look like Borat.

Unless they favor the Turkish side I guess, because i caught this early internet star and thought the Borat character bore more than a passing resemblance. What do you think?

http://www.ikissyou.org/

Check it out, good for a laugh. This page is at least 10 years old, but it looks like he spiffed it up since some critics noticed some similarities.

Mr. Cohen probably paid Amir to delete some select lines that made it to the movie like "I like sex!"

Last edited:
There are 54 different countries in Africa.

Are you saying all Africans are the same? That sounds like stereotyping to me.

Uh...you questioned why anyone should be an Asian since there are many countries...the example you used was why wouldn't there be Northwesterners? I'm giving you an example of other instances where people are called by their region or continent such as Europeans or Africans...same as Asians...get it? I think you are the one who is ignorant and came to the aid of your racist buddy. NEM.

Pat Jew, what's happening? I'll be watching the game early Monday morning. Sorry about not getting in touch with you. But if you want to get together to watch the game let me know. I live at Shouson Hill and work at the American Consulate in Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots